1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

December 21, 2012

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by JosieCat, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I'm just curious. Does anyone on this forum have any concerns about this day. I'm not going to lie - I will be a bit nervous that day. I remember watching some show on The Learning Channel called "Doomsday". It completely freaked me out and I remember thinking, well it's 7 years away. Now it's only months away.

2. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? Who cares....everyone thought this about Y2K.....good thing about Y2K is I made a shit load of money being a freelance computer programmer back then....maybe I should print up some Doomsday t-shirts and get some suckers to buy them....:wink2:

Oh and by the way if you look at all the "Doomsday" websites, they all are either hocking survival gear/food at well marked up prices or they have links to sites that have survival gear/food....what a joke!

Take a look at this, relax and enjoy life.... http://www.history.com/news/ancient-maya-calendar-calculations-found-on-dwelling-walls (Source History Channel online)

3. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only "Doomsday" scenario that I am concerned about is related to the economy and we haven't hit bottom yet. :eek:

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really. The 'science' behind that date has been roundly debunked.

Plus, if it really was a destined end of the world day, wouldn't be much we could do about it, so why worry?

Perhaps this quote from Van Wilder will help:

I learned a long time ago that worrying is like a rocking chair. Gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. Write that down.

5. magic_man12

magic_man12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah yes.. the Mayan calendar ending and it being 'doomsday' etc.....

FYI-
    Mayans didn't have leap years....
    We do....
    Factor those in.... "Doomsday" should have been over 6 months ago.....

Nothing to worry about!

6. nuggetboy

nuggetboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a friend who is an anthropologist with a specialization in Central America. I asked him about the calender thing a few years ago when this stuff first came up. I asked him if the Mayans were predicting the end of the work at the end of their calender. He laughed. He said all calenders end. What do we do on December 31st when our calender ends? We start a new calender. Same for the Mayans. :beer:

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the absolute best answer for the Mayan calendar ending I've ever heard! They were really into human sacrifices too, how smart was that!

8. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i dont know but I will be maxing out my credit cards on Dec 20th just to be on the safe side!!

9. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You ought to max out the credit cards now, while there's still time to enjoy what they'll get you!

10. nuggetboy

nuggetboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They also used to cut and pierce their penises to draw blood and use it in ceremonies. That is beyond dumb.

11. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lmao, they might of got bored of creating it or ran out of supplies. It could of been anything, even their fairly quick extinction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.