1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo $100 Slot Promo Still Exist?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by dfalk, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone done the Cosmo $100 FP lately?

On cosmos website they said the $100 On Us Freeplay promo ended Aug 31. I e-mailed them and asked them if they happened to of extended it and their response was

"If you lose a $100.00 on slot machines in one day we will give you $100 in free slot play on the same day only, before midnight."

Well no shit, I know how it works, I want to know if its still going on! So has anyone done this recently? I want to try it again on my trip in OCT.

2. djen

djen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried it at the end of August. I had to ask for the promotion at the Identity desk, as the offer that was offered was for Zappos.

Though, as I understood the offer was for the first day of new cards issued only and could not be used after that, so I unless you change to a new identity, not sure if you could do the offer again.

3. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you know how it works, and are thinking of trying it again, then apparently you don't know how it works!

Available to new Identity enrollments only. Offer only redeemable once. :poke:

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess I should of added "technically" I won't be doing it again. My brother is coming with me this trip who doesn't gamble at all, so I'm gonna make him sign up for this offer, and then Ill play it for him.

5. GoingBroke777

GoingBroke777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes i would just ask when you sign up, before i got my card i asked, you guys still doing the 100 free play? they said yes. so i went to the High Roller VP lost in 2 mins on the 25 dollar VP and went back to desk. they remembered me since it took like 5 mins total from getting my card to coming back for them to put the 100 dollar on my card.

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, its still going on. They just haven't updated their website with a new expiration date.

7. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI, I did it over the summer and even though the website said it was only available for new signups, they let myself and two friends with pre-existing cards do it.

Worked as advertised. Won money the first day, came back the next day and when my losses crossed $100 went to the player's card booth and got $100 in free play loaded onto my card.

Went back the next day and asked it if I could do it again, they politely said no.

8. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! Ill have to see if they'll let me do it again.

9. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it two and a half weeks ago. Lost the $100 rather quickly on a terrible Red, White & Blue dollar slot, then did the video roulette trick to ensure only a $6 loss. My wife and I played $200 worth of slots and spent an hour or so there for $9, because I won a few bucks on video poker on the additional $5 free play they put on my Identity account (which I think was for giving them my email address; my wife didn't receive it).

10. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1) I had this promo 'loaded' on my card back in January but never used it. Is it still good? Can I use when I go in January 2013?

2) How do you ensure only the $6 loss on Roulette? By my math (which is apparently wrong) you could 'guarantee' only a $50 loss. Please explain.Thanks.

11. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bet 47 red, 47 black, 3 0, and 3 00.
    Red pays 94 (6 loss)
    Black pays 94 (6 loss)
    0 pays 105 (5 win)
    00 pays 105 (5 win)

12. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you did this (strategy above) would you be able to rack up some serious credits and comps?

13. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked them at the players card desk how the freeplay works and was specifically told that only the winnings are converted to cash...so if you hit red (for example) you would only have $47 of cash and $47 remaining free play, right?

14. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the long run you would lose $5.42 each and every hand (6*36/38-5*2/38) which seems like a lot considering how much you'd have to pump through to get any comps.

15. B Rox

B Rox Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife, me Mother in law, and myself all signed up for new cards on Friday, 9/28 and asked about the $100 promo. They told us we could do that, or receive a $15 zappos gift card. We took the promo, and they also gave us each $5 free play for a new signup. All 3 of us were back up to the desk within 30min to get our freeplay loaded onto the card.

16. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have to lose the $100 on slots or can you play tables?

Is the free play only for slots? Can you use it for table games?

17. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Machines only.

18. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to bet the $100, then you can keep the winnings. 47+47+3+3=100. Once you place ths bet any winnings after that are yours to cash out.

19. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to cycle the free play through one time and then whatever is left over you get to keep.

So if you lost $100 and then got the free play and went to a machine that was $5 per spin to play you would have to do 20 spins (20x$5=$100) and then whatever is left you get to cash out

The references above about roulette are for Video Roulette. This promotion only works for electronic games (slots, VP, video roulette, video blackjack, etc).

But even if you are a table player it is worth the play:

-> Take a $100 bill out of your pocket and go find a slot machine where you can bet a fair bit per spin, something in the area of $3-10 per spin.

-> Play your $100 bill until either it is all gone or you hit a big win

-> If its all gone then go to the identity club booth and get the $100 in freeplay

-> If you hit a big win then cash out and pocket the money

-> When you have the freeplay, either from losing the whole $100 right off or coming back another day, just play any slot machine at something like 50 cents per spin. You might not get all your money back, maybe you will win even, but lets say you get $75 back: you could look at it like "That wasn't worth it, I lost $25 in all" but the other way to look at it is: I got a shot at a big win with the first $100 and all it cost me was $25

-> If you want to gamble it up you could take the first $100 and play it through a video slot that is $5 per spin, if you lose it all then go get the free play and go back to the same machine and play that through. For the most part all you really want is to hit the bonus game: on most 25 cent 20 line video slots if you hit the bonus game it should win between $100-500+ and even if you don't take in to account small wins you'd get 40 shots at hitting a bonus game.

20. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I'm glad to hear it works like that. That's the way it should work, but when I asked at the Identity Club desk that's now what they told me. *shrug*

So does anyone know if I can still do this since I signed up for this promo almost a year ago and I never used it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.