1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games blackjack rules in Wynn/encore high limit?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Drgiggles, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drgiggles

Drgiggles Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'm surprised i couldn't find this in the archives (apologies if i missed it) but was wondering if someone could enlighten me on the rules within Wynn/encore HL (as well as a sense of the mins). Last time i was there i played on the encore floor just outside the tower suites and was playing the 6D S17 DAS LS RSA game. Was unclear how rules might get better within HL other than maybe going to 2D. Didn't spend any time on the wynn side though will probably do that next time--the encore area was eerily quiet/empty.

Thanks!

2. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, you will not get better rules for a shoe game at Wynn/Encore. I think that is as good as it gets for a shoe game in Vegas.

I have never thought of Wynn/Encore as having a good DD game. Hopefully someone who has played recently can tell you whether a S17 DD games exists and, if so, the minimums.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DD games with those rules generally start at 500 min.

4. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that's one of the things I love about gambling at Wynn.:rolleyes2: $500 minimum on a game that can be found for $100 or under at Bellagio, Aria, Mirage...

I have made a solemn vow never again to play BJ at Wynn, partly because of the BJ rules/minimums combination, but mainly because I just cannot win there.

5. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have played at Wynn/Encore a few times, and never left a winner. That's not to say that if I play there again that I would not have my best session ever - but there do seem to be places where dark clouds apparently hang over me!

6. Ben Jammin

Ben Jammin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Wynn Blows.

7. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with what others have said - at Wynn, you will likely only find really good rules at a $300 or $500 minimum.

8. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will be hard pressed to find any game in even the HL where DD will offer RSA. Not going to happen for $500 even.
    Wynn and Encore offer the odds you mention in their HL for 6 deck. Wynn just removed 3 more tables in their sole s17 pit on the floor, putting roulette there. Where there used to be 2 pits and 14 tables of s17 @ .26 HA @ Wynn, now there are 3 on the floor. Encore's floor game at s17 doesn't offer RSA if memory serves.
    Best variety and odds coupled with minimums on the strip can be found at Aria. 6 deck and DD are excellent.
    I've always preferred the Encore HL room for service and dealers.

9. Drgiggles

Drgiggles Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could very well be wrong, but i believe the table at encore right by the tower suites entrance is 6D with RSA. So basically Wynn only has 3 tables with s17 @ .26HA? do you know in the HL room do they have the same rules at 6D or are the tables there all 2D?

thanks for the reply.

10. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. I never have any luck there.

11. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DrGiggles, yes the HL rooms at both Wynn and Encore offer 6D @ .26 and DD @ .40. The DD are commonly $300-500 while the 6D are usually $100. Usually.
    There are 2 tables across from the HL bar at Encore that are 6D s17 but, unless the dealer forgets (it happens) they are not supposed to allow RSA.
    There's also a pitch game there that is not open all the time.
    All that said, I have seen better comps lately as a bit of a consolation.
    Aria still has the best variety of BJ games as of a week ago.;)

12. r00k13

r00k13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone care to explain what DD, S17 and all the other BJ game types mentioned in this thread means?

13. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have to ask... (just kidding)

DD = Double Deck game
    S17= Dealer stands on all 17's
    H17= Dealer hits soft 17
    RSA= Resplitting of Aces allowed
    DAS= Double after split allowed

That's a few to start...

14. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is hard to believe that HL room Los are not allowing re-splitting after A's. Is all oh Vegas moving that way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.