1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffet of Buffets - Yea or Nea?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by habs0nut, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just wondering if getting the BoB pass is going to worth it for the upcoming trip. I'll be honest I haven't really given much thought to doing it as I find I don't really eat a whole lot when I'm there but my mom has mentioned it to me a few times now and I get the feeling she wants to do it. My biggest argument so far against doing it is the fact that we'll be there on a long weekend and I'm expecting lines to be long. Am I wrong is this thinking? I've never gone near a buffet on previous trips so I'm not really sure what to expect.

2. Jjhill5

Jjhill5 Newbie

It is worth it, as long as you don't mind eating 3 straight buffet meals. I would not go at prime time to avoid lines.

I was their a couple weeks ago. Planet Hollywood at 5:45 no line. 6:15 1 hour wait.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think buffet of buffets is a decent deal, and particularly good for people who like buffet variety, but don't like stuffing themselves at one time.

I've never had a huge issue with lines (they can look long, but move fast ... comparable wait to to waiting on a made to order entree). Also, because you have 24 hrs, and can stop in multiple times, you can kind of avoid the busiest times.

I won't be doing it on my next trip though, mainly because of restaurants I want to try for dinner instead. I'm mostly a breakfast buffet person.

It really comes down to whether you're a buffet person at all. Its a great deal if you like the food anyway. But it basically locks you in to eating only at buffets for a day and half.

4. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming that you're OK with eating at the buffets, then its a good deal. You're not likely to eat 3 or 4 meals anywhere else for the price of the BoB. But you definitely want to time it so that you're not right at prime time.

5. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe it's a mom thing...

My mom seriously loves the BoB. I only agreed to do it with her on the next trip if we went to the new buffet at CP. She makes sure to go 4 times too, but then always complains how she's ate too much and won't eat the rest of the trip (yeah right).

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think it would be worth it if you have a line pass or Platinum/Diamond card to bypass the line to get in. I've given it some thought myself, but not so much to eat 3 meals, but as a way to grab a snack whenever I'm feeling the urge. If I had a way to pass up the main line, I'd maybe do that once or twice a trip.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Value-wise you can definitely get your moneys worth out of this promotion, especially if you time it where you get two dinners out of it, something like:

Day 1: you go to the buffet at 8PM, sign up for the Buffet of Buffets deal and have a late dinner
    Day 2: you go for breakfast at the buffet around 7-10AM
    Day 2: you go for lunch at the buffet around 1-2PM
    Day 2: you go to the buffet for dinner around 7PM

By doing that you are getting two dinners, a lunch and a breakfast for one set price, overall a pretty good deal.

However, if you are not interested in eating at buffets and plan to only go once then its not worth it. If your mom is able to go and eat at a buffet without you then you could go and she could get the Buffet of Buffets pass while you just buy one buffet for yourself.

If you and your mom are both just interested in trying out a Las Vegas buffet, but not necessarily eating nothing but buffets, as an alternative you could forget the Buffet of Buffets and just try one of the high end buffets one night, like the ones at Bellagio or Wynn.

8. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always do it at least twice each stay

Longest lines are usually at Paris for breakfast,
    Sometimes you have super long lines at paris or PH but no lines at all at harrahs or flamingo

9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took a good look at it. If you don't do coupons and/or you're not comped, it's a good idea. If you get the ACG and the LVA and you're happy with the buffets that have coupons offered, it's not any cheaper. (and with the coupons you don't have to rush)

10. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm open to doing it but I'll be completely honest the thought of just eating buffets for 24 hours does some like a little much. However it's not someone is sitting there with a gun to my head forcing me to eat. I think it's one of those things that I could say I've done. We're staying at Caesars and definitely would like to try Bacchanal so I'm thinking the difference in price of getting the pass even at $55 seems like a really good deal. Like I said my concern is wasting time standing in a line as I'm not Platinum/Diamond but we could hit it at off times like you guys suggested or whenever we feel hungry I guess.

One question about the buffets in general, are beverages included?

11. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Soft drinks, coffee, tea are included. Alcohol is not.

12. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see buffets as quantity. I see them as variety or at least the chance to try something different without committing to an entire plate full. I know that's not how everybody views buffets. But, that's how my husband and I see them.

13. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. While I do appreciate the variety, problem is I usually find buffet food to be kind of bland except for the desserts. Like I said I haven't done a Vegas buffet so maybe things are different.

14. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, for the most part Vegas buffets are generally quite different than what you would find in your own home town... especially the fancy ones where the food can get quite gourmet.

Because the food can look and taste so good it can actually be hard to stick to if you go in with the mindset of you are just going to have a small meal.

Most of the buffets are at their busiest around 6:30-7:30PM and an idea that might work would be if you go in for a smaller dinner earlier than that, maybe 5:30-6PM, and then come back around 9-9:30PM where you plan to just sit down, maybe grab a couple of finger food items, a dessert item or some fruit or something and just sit back and relax for a little break.

15. TXCajuns

TXCajuns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you sign up and pay for this at any of the buffets (Paris, PH, Flamingo, etc), and then have 24 hours from that time to eat at any of them as many times as you please. I'm not a piggy pig, just wondering.

16. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always do it once each trip...dinner - 8 or so / light breakfast / salad or shrimp lunch / dinner again about 7:30. Each one has alot of different items and 4 meals end up about 11 each. Considering cokes are $3.50 most places...where can you eat in LV with everyone getting to try a lot of different things? Plus at breakfast - coffee & juice are almost the same as the price of the meal. We find we eat smaller meals and everyone is satisfied. Those 2 days are enough of buffets for us though...wouldn't want to do it more but we consider it. We are looking forward to the new buffy at Caesars on our trip in March...from the reviews, will gladly pay the extra $10 for it....

17. onetime

onetime Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I only eat one big meal a day. The other meal is a sandwich or salad. That's more than enough for the two of us. I also worry that if I did the 24 hour buffet I would over eat.

Take care and good luck will follow............

18. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If ya are a buffy junkie........YES!. The way I would play it......do a healthy breakast early in the day, light lunch and big dinner late ( for me dinner means from 5pm onwards). If ya want formal or to be served or want something " special" No!

19. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you eat at the same buffet all 4 meals? LIke the new ceasars buffet at 8PM, 8AM,1PM, and 7PM?
    or do you have to eat at 4 different CET buffets?
    What's the price with the addition of the New buffet at Ceasars?

20. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as I know unless I'm wrong you are not limited to one visit per buffet. It's $10 extra to add Bacchanal. My question is that $10 per visit or a one time charge?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.