1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shoes!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by RockinLV, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockinLV

RockinLV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We all know that there's a lot of walking when in Vegas... Last year's trip was kinda downgraded because of aching, sore, messed up feet. Didn't have good enough shoes even though I thought I did.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for some really good walking shoes? Preferably by international brands so I can find them over here. How they look doesn't matter much as most of the walking will be done during daytime when not so fancy dressed...

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ecco is my fav. also try an epsom salt soak for your feet after a long day of walking. soak them for 20 minutes or so and rinse off your feet (very important) in cold water for a couple of minutes after the soak. will feel so much better the next day!

3. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a pair of slip-on Merrell's for my last trip. They were easy on-off at the airport, could wear them w/o socks for casual/shorts, and they were dressy enough for khakis and button shirt for dinner. I wore them about 50% of the time. The other times I wore a sturdy pair of Columbia flip-flops, and Ecco velcro sandals, both of which served me well.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Male?
    Female?
    Fancy?
    Casual?
    Don't care?
    Budget?

???

5. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

NIKE, PUMA, and Rockport make very good walking shoes for both men and women. I am a woman. I always pack 2 pairs of worn-and-comfy PUMA walking shoes for daytime walking at Vegas. I also bring a pair of trendy shoes (about 3" heels) for fine dining or other activities at the upscale places.

6. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favourites are Columbia flip flops and New Balance trainers. The secret is to have already worn them several times before you do the Vegas walk. For slightly more dressy shoes, IMHO, nothing is comfortable enough for the strip walk. I have never found anything to recommend. The best were a pair of cheap wedges I bought in Benidorm, Spain.

7. nitc

nitc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For walking I wear Reebok DMX walking shoes exclusively. They have always served me well. They are about $50 at a Reebok outlet here.

8. Carole

Carole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am also a very dedicated ecco and merrell fan for walking shoes. This summer I found the brand Colombia which is also good. I think taking a few pairs helps also. Changing up the pressure points a bit helps.

9. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I have that same shoe. They did me really well in Vegas - I added gel insoles which I highly recommend. The only problem I have with them is that they have air pockets in the heel which blow out on me. Then when I walk in the rain they snuff and huff with each step. Still damn comfy though.

10. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the most important thing is to get shoes that work FOR YOU. I’m sure any of the brands that have been mentioned might be fine for you…but they might also be terrible if they don’t match up with your foot type. So, go somewhere that specializes in running or athletic shoes. Have them look at your feet and your walking/running style. Based on that info, they should be able to recommend a walking shoe that would work well for you.

11. kidrice

kidrice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this. Just because one type/brand of shoe works for someone else, doesn't mean that its gonna work for you.

For me, during the day, I tend to wear athletic shoes (Nikes) and during the evening/night, I wear dressier shoes (Rockport).

YMMV

12. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First trip I wore a pair of Saucony's that I loved, until the second day of my trip when I was in so much pain I didn't think I was going to be able to walk anymore. They went into the garbage as soon as I got back. For my second trip I wore Reebok Zigs and while they might look a little funny at first, my feet never ached once and I swear by them now.

13. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    exactly! go to a local running store and they will sort you out with the right style of footwear.

Buy at least the first pair from them - reward them for helping you!!

after that you can find something similar on the internet - or inserts that will assist. this is one area where its worth paying for an expert opinion.

14. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. 9wishes

9wishes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wear a different pair/style of shoes every day. Also I use Bandaid brand Blister Block every time I put on any shoes and I never even get a rub spot. I always have it in my purse. You can order it online from Walmart. Stuff is amazing.

16. prozac

prozac Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

.. good question on shoes ..i wear dress shoes all the time in vegas, mostly alfani and steve maddens, swapping between them each day .. then again it goes with my suit, i wear one daily (i bring 2) .. i can walk for long distances and still be fine, i do bring powder in my toiletries bag though, that helps ..

. .last time i was there in vegas a week ago, i had 2 pair dress shoes and 2 pairs of vans for a total of 4 days ..my next trip is end of october for 8 days, i'll probably have 4-5 pairs for that ..

$$

17. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For conventions, I wear black leather New Balance walking shoes. Unless someone is looking closely they look like men's black dress shoes. I've gotten asked about them twice and both times they wanted to know where I got them.

18. RockinLV

RockinLV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, there are many different shoes in the world :haha: Thank you all for good suggestions. I actually did get a pair of Nike Free's for my birthday, haven't really tested them yet but if they're any good, they're coming :thumbsup: And if not, I guess I will have to go to a store that can help me find the right ones for me. And I'm gonna show the husband a few examples from here, too ;)

19. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like wearing sandals in the summer and I find it helps to bring more than one pair not just for style but for different footbeds. For other shoes, I've been having luck with Ryka, Sketchers and New Balance. NBs are really good if you can get to a store and get them fitted. Whatever you choose, make sure you break them in before. And Epson salts will fix your aches in a pinch if you do find your dogs and/or muscles aching. It's why a tub is important to me.

20. hrslvr142

hrslvr142 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sketchers

I have a pair of slip ons that are my favorite casuals shoes and also a pair of ties both are lower on my ankle (have a couple of scars from surgery) which make that more comfortable as well. Agree with everyone else...make sure they are broken in. Have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.