1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thanksgiving and Birthday in Vegas...questions

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Sheltie Lover, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheltie Lover

Sheltie Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been to Vegas in Nov. We usually go April/Sept.

Wonder how cold it will be also wondering where to eat Thanksgiving dinner. No Bufffet's.

Birthday looking at the Eiffel Tower.

Any suggestions?

2. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have made about 4 of my trips in November. It can be very unpredictable during the day (have wore shorts many days, needed a coat on others), but the evening definitely can be very cool out once the sun goes down. I believe the average high is in the mid sixties for the month of November while the average low is mid forties.

I know many restaurants have specials on Thanksgiving, but I have never been there on the day of so I won't be much help on that.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I would agree that it can be totally unpredictable, not just from year to year but even day to day.

We've gone a few times at the end of November and have seen it from cold and rainy to hot and sunny... a couple of years ago we had one trip where we were there for 5 days and the first three days the highs got in to the mid 90s to where we were staying at Luxor and their pool was open all year so we actually spent time swimming and sunning. But then the last two days thick clouds rolled in so it was a little extra dark and gloomy during the day and there was this very strong wind blowing almost constantly and the daytime high was in the mid 40s and at night it was getting close to freezing.

For a Thanksgiving dinner: actually, a lot of restaurants are going to have a Thanksgiving dinner. And you probably do want to avoid buffets: they will have the most traditional style of Thanksgiving meal but their prices will be increased by $5-15 per person and some of them get some very very long line ups around dinner time.

4. sandy1809

sandy1809 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took my sister to vegas last november for her birthday. It definitely wasn't pool weather, but we did celebrate her birthday dinner at the Eiffle Tower. I contacted Lyle Tolhurst, a manager, via the website to come up with a birthday suprise. He did an outstanding job with suggestions and went the extra mile to get a birthday tiara and had it placed as part of the table decorations. Was very nice too when he came to our table during dinner to make sure we were enjoying everything.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have been there twice at Thanksgiving. Enjoyable trip. The buffets are very busy that day. Lots of locals go out. At Bellagio, the line went down the hall, then past the room elevators and kept going. NUTS. All the restaurants had some type of special menu.

6. nitc

nitc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there last Thanksgiving. You definitely don't want to hit a buffet...there are too many better choices to pick from.

We used Open Table to make reservations for Thanksgiving dinner. We made the res about 2-3 weeks before and had no problems getting in. Their website not only lists all the places they deal with that have special menus, but you can see the menu and prices as well.

By the way, we ate at Rhythm Kitchen and thought it was WONDERFUL.

7. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My 50th birthday was last Thanksgiving, I had a great NY strip at the Silverton. Even better was that it was free. The weather was hi 60s low 70s all week, way better then NW Pennsylvania‘s temps. I wore shorts most of the time, locals were wearing winter jackets. :faint:

8. Sheltie Lover

Sheltie Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where is the Rhythm Kitchen?

9. Sheltie Lover

Sheltie Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thinking about the Eiffle Tower for my Birthday which is Tuesday.

10. Sheltie Lover

Sheltie Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are from South Jersey so the 70's would be really pleasant:)

11. nitc

nitc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rhythm Kitchen is on S. Decatur, just north of I-215. It's not that far but I wouldn't walk from the Strip, so having a car would be beneficial.

They specialize in Cajun/Creole cuisine. For Thanksgiving, we went with their prix fixe...$19.95 got you either turkey or ham, stuffing, cajun dressing, green beans, sweet potatoes, and not sure what else, but there was more. The plate it was served on weighed a good 15 pounds. After eating here, we decided we would one day have to go back and try their regular menu.

12. Sheltie Lover

Sheltie Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Sounds like we have to try that. Hubby not a Cajun fan but I might be able to talk him into trying it with me :)

13. Ross11988

Ross11988 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What day is your birthday? Im on the 19th, my mother and I are planning to go from the 18th - the 25th to celebrate her MBA graduation, my birthday and thanksgiving.

14. Sheltie Lover

Sheltie Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

November 20th Ross.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.