1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

aria buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by rooster42000, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i will be in vegas next week, how is the aria, and the green valley buffets

2. bromad1972

bromad1972 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I quite enjoyed it. There are a good variety of quality items and they even have some gluten and sugar free things as well.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In general, I didn't like it.

It wasn't really the food was bad or anything: what I ate I actually did enjoy.

But overall that its so big, they consider themselves a high end buffet, that it is at Aria and it has a big price tag:
    - the customer service you get at Aria, I didn't see that extended in to the buffet.
    - the place is big with a lot of food, but it was really a lot of repeat items over and over again so the selection wasn't truly as big as it seemed
    - the only fruit or berries available in the dessert section was golden apples
    - the dessert selection overall was very limited
    - once we made it clear to our server we weren't going to be ordering any more alcoholic beverages she pretty much stopped serving us: she wouldn't clear the dirty dishes off the table, when she went by our table she seemed to be purposefully looking away, we tried flagging her down to get some pop or water but she never came over

As said, I did think the food I tried was good... just that I didn't think the overall experience wasn't worth the price tag

4. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoy the Aria buffet, but the place definitely has it's flaws.

The things they do well are done VERY well. The Indian food section is excellent with a tandoor built into the buffet line and some experienced chefs making the naan, curry, and meat dishes. The tandoori lamb I had was the best I've ever had. The two carving stations are excellent as well. The prime rib, the brisket, and the roast chicken are always good. The last time I was there, they were serving veal at the carving station! The pizzas are quite tasty. And the desserts...WOW! Some of the desserts are from Jean Philippe. The rectangular macaroon? Amazing. The plated desserts as well as the gelato are great. They are also the only buffet left with decent king crab and they'll warm them for you upon request.

But the flaws are plentiful too. It's already a small buffet, yet they feel the need to waste space on the line by offering food not that many people go for. For example, the selection of cured meats and cheeses (none of which stand out in any way) takes up as much space as the entire Indian section. The Asian station is quite lacking, as are the Italian and Mexican stations.

You will have a great meal there if you enjoy the few things they do very well. But there will be a time during your meal where you pick up a plate, walk around, and can't really find anything to eat. So much of the buffet line is empty space or fillers that you'll find yourself only really visiting one small corner of the buffet.

The service is the best of any buffet in Vegas and I think the table setting is the most upscale and "nice" feeling of any buffet in Vegas. And every server makes a perfect Arnold Palmer.

Also research the pricing. They have more pricing tiers than I've ever seen. Something as simple as week day lunch have different prices for different days. Their weekend dinner features a steamed-to-order half lobster which is very good, but brings the price past $40.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria buffet is above average, but just barely so. Not enough seafood options, which is what I like to look for. Bellagio and PHo have better buffets nearby.

But if you do eat at Aria for lunch, try and get a seat by one of the windows. The natural light is relaxing

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Having been at both GVR and Aria, the better option is Aria. However, for value, GVR wins hands down, especially with the reduced pricing they've had recently. Try 'em both and get back to us with your assessment.
    Definitely agree about Indian with naan at Aria - outstanding. Not sure, but they also used to have crab leg at lunch time.
    I highly recomend both as lunch-time options instead of dinner.

7. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Wynn is the best in town. Forget about Bellagio, the quality went massively downhill. And Aria isn't even in the same league.

8. bromad1972

bromad1972 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was quite underwhelmed by the Wynn buffet. Limited selection and a bit too 'foody' for me.

9. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::confused2:

:rolleyes2:

That is all.

10. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought so to a degree as well.

11. Srvanwyk

Srvanwyk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen.. Everyone has their bad days I'm sure but wynns buffet was the biggest buffet let down I've had in Vegas

12. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I felt the same way as the above poster. I thought the MC's buffet was less expensive with the same quality.

13. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also agree with this statement about the Wynn Buffet.

14. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have been to the Aria 2x once for lunch and the gourmet weekend dinner.
    The G dinner with 2 glasses have wine and 1/2 lobster make it worth it for me and i am frugal. i love the macaroons also. the desserts were very unique.
    The Bellagio for me is still the best buffet on the weekends. The Wynn had their rack of lamb so over spiced it is silly. A great piece of meat does not need over seasoning. Buon Appetito:licklips:

15. vegasbuddy

vegasbuddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the Aria buffet was pretty awful as the food was cold. I also did not like the layout. I wrote to their site and complained about the food being cold - they didn't even respond. I definitely will never go back.

16. Jepockn

Jepockn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only been to the bellagio buffet and the aria buffet. I honestly thought the Aria buffet was better.

Went to bellagio for breakfast/supper and didn't care for it either times.

Went to Aria for breakfast and lunch and very much enjoyed it both times.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.