1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Romantic Dinner

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by smrtmom05, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smrtmom05

smrtmom05 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK All:

I am getting married Tuesday Sept 4th in Vegas. That day er are hosting an after ceremony lunch at The Grotto in the Golden Nugget for our friends and family that are coming out.

The next night (Wednesday) is "OUR DAY/NIGHT". we leave Thursday.

Where is the BEST ($$ no object) place for a romantic dinner for 2. We both love steak houses, but my man to be is a reformed foodie (had to stop d/2 weight issues) and I want us to go somewhere that will blow his sox off :eek:, and steak houses are steak houses to me...we're from Texas, we've had the best and worst.:nono: I want something truely special.:kiss:

Any recomendations??

2. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on the wedding!

Money no object is Las Vegas is a very, very expensive proposition. The best "knock your socks off" restaurant is Joel Robuchon @ MGM, but the prices are some of the highest in the country. The tasting menu costs 425 per person, which does not include drinks, tax or tip. Yeah, that's insane, but it is the best restaurant in Las Vegas.

Okay, if you're not going to do that, but still want a great romantic meal that's different from a steakhouse I recommend Picasso at The Bellagio. It has an extremely romantic view of the Bellagio fountains and you guessed it, you're surrounded by real Picasso paintings. The food is french haute cuisine with some Spanish influences. The restaurant is a good introduction to tasting menu fine dining because the food delicious but isn't super "out there". The tasting menu is not cheap at 125 dollars a person, but considering view, the service, the food quality and the amount of courses including an amuse, petit fours, etc it's a pretty good deal. And yes, it is a very special restaurant. :)

If that doesn't interest you, no worries. Just let us know and we can continue to help refine your selection.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i would pass on Robuchon for sure. sure it's the most expensive menu in the city, but far from the best IMO.

if you want a top notch meal with the atmosphere to boot, definitely go with a fountain view table at Picasso at Bellagio. amazing food and amazing view.

4. smrtmom05

smrtmom05 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I have heard great things about Robuchon, I think the fountain view table at The Picasso sounds more like what I was looking for. The $$ is a small factor, but if the food and atmosphere and view were worth it, we would do it. Picasso sounds more like what I was interested in.

Thanks all!!

ANy more suggestions from others are also still welcome!!

5. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Iagree with earlier posters on Picasso.
    To take a completely different approach the setting at the Top of the World is very romantic and is now rated in the top 50 Vegas restaurants.
    A couple others would be Aureole at MBay and and Bartolotta at Wynn.

6. smrtmom05

smrtmom05 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my co-workers mentioned Pamplemousee.

I have never heard of it, but the website says it's the oldest french rest in town. Looks kinda old to me, but sometimes those are good...

ANyone have experience there??

7. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Picasso is in an entirely different category in terms of food and service. On one side you have a world class restaurant with stunning views that earned 2 Michelin stars and a AAA Five Diamond Award, on the other side you have a nice locals French restaurant. If price is no object, I know which one I'm choosing. :)

To put it another way, Pamplemousse get's a score of 13 on Gayot: http://www.gayot.com/restaurants/pamplemousse-las-vegas-nv-89104_4lv99154.html?map=1

Picasso gets an elite score of 18: http://www.gayot.com/restaurants/picasso-las-vegas-nv-89109_4lv9921-05.html

That score earned a Gayot ranking of Picasso as one of the top 40 restaurants in the United States: http://www.gayot.com/best-restaurants/finestrestaurantsusa.html

8. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please consider E or Alize

E at Cosmopolitan will definitely blow his socks off. No doubt about it. This would be my top choice.

The Gayot listing not rated

Alize is a french restaurant on top of the Palms Tower. A stunning view of the Vegas skyline. Stunning. Using the Gayot score = 15.

If you choose Alize I can probably put in a good word for you for some special treatment.

9. smrtmom05

smrtmom05 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ooohhhh...My fiance had looked at Alize and just emailed me a link...LOL. Should I make reservations now or wait and have my hotel consierge do it when we arrive on Monday (Labor Day)? I think having somone put in a good word for me is ALWAYS welcome. :) :nworthy:

10. biggiesteve

biggiesteve Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alize is fantastic. I treated my wife to dinner at sunset. The view of the red hills turned into a great view of the lights on the strip by the end of the meal. It was the best meal (quality and atmosphere) that I've ever experienced.

If it's any help we asked our conceirge to get us a table with a good view the morning of the dinner (Friday). Needless to say, I went back and gave her a good tip.

I think we payed around $350 total which included a bottle of wine.

11. smrtmom05

smrtmom05 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THAT sound wonderful....

12. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can a regular Joe reserve a fountain view table? How far in advance would you recommend?

13. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BARTOLOTTA at Wynn. Get a seat (cabana) outside around the small pool they have

SW Steakhouse, seated on patio with view of the "lake of Dreams"

Country Club at Wynn, seated outside viewing golf course and waterfall

MIX at THE Hotel - view of the strip.

14. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll go a slightly different direction and recommend Jasmine.

Jasmine is Chinese - some of the most delicious Chinese food I've ever enjoyed.

The room has a perfect view of the Bellagio Fountains - every seat in the house is incredible.

The Taste of Jasmine for $108.88 is a great value in my view. If you look at the menu currently listed on the website, that is the one I would specifically request. The menu is out of date, they have since replaced it with a modified version, but when we last went (about 4 weeks ago), we asked for the old menu. They were able to accommodate us. I would recommend the same to you.

I thought this was an incredible romantic meal, and far more in agreement with mine and my girlfriend's palate.

15. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not dined there, and I know its not considered the restaurant not many of the other suggestions in this thread are, but I think it would be nice to dine at the Top of the World restaurant with a strip view at sunset.

16. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Swan Court at Aureole has been the most romantic setting we have ever had in Vegas, but Alize is a close second, MIX has a great view but not what I would consider a romantic feel to it. We had the 7 course tasting menu at Swan Court for 105 each with a wine pairing for an additional charge of I think 170, worth every last penny in a very elegant setting.

17. smrtmom05

smrtmom05 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's interesting to me that you mention Jasmine. We have been looking online a tthe various restraunts mentioned so far, and last night my fiance asked me if there were any recomendations for a great, upscale Chinese place. I will let him know the menu has changed, because when he looked at it online he wasn't impressed.
    But I like the idea of a good romantic Chinese taste menu. :licklips:

18. smrtmom05

smrtmom05 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ruled out MIX when we looked at the online photos...didn't look romatic to us either. But The Swan Court we haven't looked at. Alize is still in the running, for sure!! :licklips:

19. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tasting menu has changed. We preferred the old one (the one on the website), because it was heavy on lobster. They do such an awesome job with lobster.

But the new menu may be more to your liking. And if not, it would be very easy to piece together your own meal from the regular menu. The prices are reasonable (for a restaurant so nice), and will probably be about the same price as the fixed price menu would be.

Also, I forgot to mention: The service is excellent.

20. smrtmom05

smrtmom05 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone ever have the Keiseki (tasting dinner) at Raku? Romanitc or not? Worth it?

I read a review of it on Traveladvisor web site and sounded kind of romantic, one person said they even had a private room...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.