1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Single 23 year old, first time in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by redguy88, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redguy88

redguy88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a single, 23 year old guy heading to Las Vegas for the first time ever at the end of this month. I'm going with family but have my own room at Harrahs, my own money, ect. I've gambled elsewhere in Ohio, West Virginia and Florida before but have never been to Las Vegas.

I will be in Vegas for a week.

Any advice or tips for me? I hope to enjoy the pool, the slots, the food and drinks. I would also enjoy the women as long as it's legal, of course.

Any recommendations for good hangouts for younger, single men? I would prefer less rowdy areas, and I do like older women. I'm a little more of a martini at the bar meeting women type of guy than a wild-beer guzzling type.

Thanks

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the Chandelier bar in Cosmopolitan or the Heart Bar in PH. I have found those both to be really easy places to strike up convo in a relaxed non club like setting.

3. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Marquee at Cosmo

XS at Wynn.

Those are the two HOTTEST clubs. Pretty much all the drunk under 30 crowd is at Cosmopolitan right now. I am a drunk but I saw under 30 last millenium.

As a male you will HAVE to pay money to get in on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday through Wednesday you might be able to get in cheaper. MIGHT. Some clubs do have guest lists for free entry, but drinks will still cost you.

Club drinks will be $15 bucks per drink, or thereabouts.

There is a poster on here that is pretty informed and has responded to quite a few posts. I forget the screen name though. Just read through the posts and you will find it.

If you are there on Friday you can get into the PALMS Pool as an outside guest. Ditch Friday's is quite rocking. Just about all places have a pool day club anymore as that brings in a ton of money.

You like to gamble, you like to drink, you like to talk to women, YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE LAS VEGAS.

4. redguy88

redguy88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds exciting! Yeah my problem is I am more mature for my age. I've dated many, many older women and my dream would be to play some slots, relax by the pool, meet a woman and have a few drinks and retire to my hotel room with her.

Of course, that's every 23 year old guys Fantasy. :licklips:

5. siroisjm8

siroisjm8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnaval Court at Harrahs is decent on the weekends. Good music, ok dance floor, Outside bar, and little to no cover. Drinks are pricy as with any other "nightclub". Pregame hard before u go...your wallet will thank you in the morning!

6. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plenty of "old" women at Glitter Gulch from what I have heard.

7. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Napoleons at Paris w/dueling pianos

8. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just walk the street and you have people handing you cards left and right with numbers to call and your pick of women. :peace:

9. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing I can say is God I envy you, to be able to be 23 and in Vegas again. Best bets IMO for the older woman, Cougar hunting the young guys at the gym call it, would be Cleopatras Barge, Seahorse or Shadow at Caesars Petrossian or Pure at Bellagio, Parasol Down at Wynn, Duece, Gold or Mandarin at City Center. Thats merely from obesrvation but nowdays and depending on when you are there most clubs offer some good hunting from what I see, but those attract an older crowd than say, Haze, LAX or XS do.

10. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nono::nono::nono: Bad Zamboni, to lead the young may so far astray, he is looking for corporate assistant, not corporate retiree :evillaugh

11. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantasy...that was my impression at the first post.

12. redguy88

redguy88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you saying not to get my hopes up?

13. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its pretty tough to close the deal in LV bro. Typically the girls you meet are with a group, that whole protective thing kicks in and there pretty much no way in hell a chic is going to let one of her gf's go to a room with a guy she just met in LV, and prob rightfully so.

I have hung out with and had plenty of good times with girls I have met in LV, but a room close is really damned tough. Just enjoy the moment and dont expect to get to the room and you wont be dissapointed.

14. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say keep your hopes up, of course that all depends on yourself and how good a game you spit, my experience is different from the good Captains.

15. redguy88

redguy88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strange. After all, this is known as the "Adult Playground".

16. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you meet a woman by herself at a bar, 99% of the time she is "working" especially if she is willing to go back to your room.

17. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, and even a lot you meet in the club are actually working, but wont act like it until the topic of the room comes up. I dont chase a lot in LV, all but one time I have had a girlfriend at home, but I still go out and have fun and chat with girls and guys alike and most guys have the same stories.

You will see the "Sin City" theme doesnt apply to everywhere and everyone.
    Lots of couples, lots of family trips, hell I spent a whole afternoon last summer when I was there single hanging with a girl only to find out she was sharing a room with her Dad and his GF. I even met the Dad. Me and the girl made plans to hang that eve, but the Dad put the smack down on that! What do you thing the odds were that the Dad was gonna let her hang for too long with a guy she met at the pool?

18. redguy88

redguy88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn that sucks. :eek:

19. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Theres plenty of wild times to be had. You will enjoy yourself.

20. bluerider

bluerider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "If you can't get laid in Vegas, you can't get laid anywhere!"

Not my words, but I dig the quote...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.