1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

October Car Rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ValerieJo, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValerieJo

ValerieJo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been trying to rent a car for our October trip. Rental rates have been pretty high. Haven't been able to find anything under $200.

Finally! Today I was able to book an intermediate car through Costco Travel. $150.11 (car $90.59 + $59.52 taxes).

The reservation is for Budget. Not my favorite rental company, but at a $50 savings I'll deal with it.

I've read several others are looking at car rentals for October as well and finding high prices. Check Costco Travel (you must be a member). Plus it's pay at the counter so you can always cancel if you find better rates down the road.

Good Luck everyone.

Oh, I guess I should add that this is for a weekly rental rate.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got a Dollar midsize for $15 a day, Oct 13-17.

So with all the fees etc, $109.59

3. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alamo always has great specials in the Entertainment book.

Getting a full size car Sept 29-Oct 3 for $98 complete.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  4. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check Thrifty, they have fair specials for premium and suv. I just booked an Escape for a week for 229$ total. Base rate for the suv was 133, premium 113 and compact was 145(?) I think. Not GREAT prices but not too bad. I also had a res. for a premium car from Alamo (Nissan Maxima) for same time frame for 297$ using the VISA Signature web site.

5. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got one for 4 days (10/6-10) from Alamo for under $100. About what I expected based on past trips.

6. mjames1229

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Down to $92 this morning. Rebook!

7. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also have been looking for a decent rate to book any size care for oct 3-6th and the least expensive rate I've found is $151 with tax. That's through Costco. Alamo insiders is more than that. If I can't find something better than that closer than we'll stay local and walk.

8. mjames1229

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Down to $87. I'll keep rebooking as long as they keep lowering the prices every day or two.

9. mjames1229

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For giggles, I checked www.carrentalsavers.com and on a 3 or 4 day rental of those dates from Fox or Payless, mid-sized cars were under $80 total. I have never used either of those companies, and I have seen both positive and negative comments on them, so YMMV.

But if cost is important, half-price should give you reason to consider.

10. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mjames1229 Thanks for looking at that. I really like a reputable company. I always get a good experience with Alamo, though I'd go with Budget if I had to. I also don't know a thing about those other two companies.
    but if it doesn't get better I'll keep that in mind.

11. ValerieJo

ValerieJo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked rates again with Costco this past week. They dropped almost $50. We are now down to $115 including taxes for the 5 day rental.

It pays to keep checking. :thumbsup:

12. BlueGlass

BlueGlass Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alamo codes for October ?

What codes can I use for a car rental with Alamo in October please?

13. scottw

scottw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coupon code AD2359FDF for a weekly rental.

14. SOJO66

SOJO66 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amex

I got a standard car for 4 days mid Oct thru Amex Travel for $110, includes tax.

15. bailey17

bailey17 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried the Alamo code and it did give me $35.00 off. The problem is, my husband and I are coming to Vegas October 9 - 20 so we would need a car for 11 days. Even with the code the final price is $424.00!!! To me, that's an awful price to pay for a car rental (considering the taxes amounted to $157.00 of that cost)!

Does anyone know of any other rental company or code that is cheaper than that? Also, I have checked Fox Rental a Car and they are quite a bit cheaper but I have read terrible things about that company. Does anyone have any comments on that or help in finding a cheaper car?

Thanks.

16. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked Dollar Rent a Car , 12 noon Oct. 9 to 12 noon Oct. 20 Compact $197 mid-sized $202 :peace:

17. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually check the web sites almost every day. As others have mentioned, the costco web site offerred some of the best rates using budget. I got a 6 day rental for $127 for a mid sized car (renting it from oct 6 to 12). I rented it almost a month ago, when others here also mentioned the specials.

Others also mentioned the full sized cars with dollar and thrifty at the time but I didn't want a large car and the prices still wasn't close to the $127 I got.

The prices never dropped after that, they all started creeping up. I don't see many/any rentals that are under $150 for a 6 day rental for my dates. The costco travel site has been under maintenance since last week so not sure what their rates are now. Lucky that I booked when I did but I think you have to check back regularly if you want to get the lowest rates.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.