1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Entertainment Book

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by bsf436, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsf436

bsf436 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last weekend I bought an two Entertainment Books (one locally and one for Las Vegas) because they were half price and I have a trip planned for November. I was shocked when they arrived and the Las Vegas coupons expire November, 1. Nowhere on the site is there any indication that the coupons aren't good through the end of the year :nono:.

The other book is good through the end of the year. I haven't bought one of these for Las Vegas so I'm sure if I had I would know better. Of course they aren't open on weekends, but the company will be getting a call early next week because they charge a restocking fee and I have to pay return shipping which will cost more than the book.

2. Criminole

Criminole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is when ours expire in Wichita too. I looked at the books since they were only $5 but didn't see anything I was interested in doing. Got the acg and the LVA instead.

3. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought it simply because it was only $5, and many of the coupons are not location specific. I was out of the Regal Cinemas, so I save enough there seeing 2 movies to pay for the book. You can start using the 2013 as soon as you get it in Aug..... It is a little weird that they are not good at least until Christmas.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they are getting a little shady in their advertizements and promotions. I got sucked into purchasing a 2012 book last week, for $5, not realizing that also locked me into purchasing a 2013 book. If I now cancel the 2013 book, they are going to charge me $5.

That being said, the Oct 31st expiration has been that way for many years.

5. bsf436

bsf436 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the first time I purchased one so I guess it's my fault for not researching enough to know they expire before the end of the year. However, I think if you buy a book advertised as 2012 there should be something indicating that it isn't good all year. It also should be the same expiration date for all books.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just double checking on this. You're saying one of the books you purchased does not expire Oct 31st?
    We also purchased a Seattle book for a trip there next month and they all expire Oct 31st also, along with the Milwaukee book.

7. bsf436

bsf436 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The St. Louis book is good through the end of the year. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

8. hrslvr142

hrslvr142 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the coupons for the Indianapolis book expire Nov 1 but then there are some that don't expire until later (the rental car coupons for example). It would make more sense for them to be good through 12/31 for all editions.

9. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if Groupon and the other online promotions are starting to make them obsolete?

10. bsf436

bsf436 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apparently St. Louis is the lone exception to the October expiration date. This is according to their less than sympathetic customer service representative. Even a threat of a call to the Better Business Bureau got nothing done.

11. LucyLou22

LucyLou22 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where did you find the Vegas one on sale?

12. bsf436

bsf436 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They were on sale on Entertainment Book website. Not sure if they still are.

13. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are listed on their website currently as 2 for $10 in a liquidation sale. I don't see anything (currently) that requires committing to purchasing the 2013 editions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.