1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Check Southwest's Prices

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Jimbo338, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My flight in January just dropped almost $100.

Jimbo338

2. bloom1966

bloom1966 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked out Southwest's prices as well. Impressive! Minneapolis to Las Vegas via Denver round-trip....around $700. I'm gonna keep researching though. I have my heart set on Frontier Airlines Classic Plus, Stretch seating. (Wife and I will be travelling...)

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No change out of Milwaukee for Dec or Jan. Non-stop stuck at $812-$842 depending on dates.:cry:
    Our Oct trip, which is booked, is now priced at $193 more pp.
    Damn Wisconsin degenerate gamblers flying to Vegas keep those prices high.:poke:

4. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep checking... I got SW non-stop from MKE to LAS for Nov 14th @ $137 per person during last month's sale. Round trip from LAS to MKE including a 2 day layover in Buffalo, NY to visit Niagra Falls @ $330.

5. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got an email about SW (WN) and checked and they have some good prices. Also for some unknown reason they put 50K points in my account. Well, you can't fight city hall.

6. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Joe,
    Do you check bags? If not, you may want to consider looking at the Milwaukee to Salt Lake flight, that makes a connection in Las Vegas, which allows a person to forego the SLC leg. The price is often cheaper than flying directly to Vegas.

7. VegasDog

VegasDog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got me excited, but our rates for November actually went up. Dang.

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This set of price reductions from SWA ends tomorow (friday). I haven't booked yet, I am hoping that there will be a better deal before January but that hasn't been the case for the last couple of years. It seems that if flights come down the rooms go up and if the rooms drop flights are higher. Of course, booking them separately allows you to cancel and rebook but for all the times I rebooked with SWA and got a credit, I have only actually used the credit once, especially now that you cannot transfer or give away the credit. I guess I'll have to decide sometime today.

Jimbo338

9. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I just can't figure their "sale" pricing these days. I got my ticket for 198 round trip during the summer anniversary sale from SAT. This week's "sale" rate, 185 each way from SAT, 194 each way from AUS. I wish they wouldn't even list things like that on their sale links. It is actually irritating to me. A sale is a sale, where things are supposed to be discounted. I can see that some fares are. But when they are not discounted at all, don't freakin list them on the sale page! It just makes the list longer and scrolling take more time to see the garbage in between the true sale prices.

USBC Nationals
  10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for tip, but don't they get upset if you don't finish the flight. I skipped a leg once on AA and they canceled our return flight. Ended up having to buy new tix at the airport and pay full price OUCH!
    EDIT: Oh, it just hit me. They are booked as separate trips, so they can't do anything about people getting off and not completing the flight. <nevermind>
    Checked SWA prices to SLC. Only 1 flight that stops in LAS first. It doesn't leave MKE until 7 PM and it was $44 higher pp at Christmas time.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  11. Red18andRed23

Red18andRed23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was happy to grab my $149 each way (SWA) non stop from Buffalo..you never know when they are gonna go my up or down...my credit expires in March so I used it up...if my flights go down...oh well...Im happy with what I paid :)

12. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

The reason it was fresh in my mind was that yesterday I just dropped my son off at MKE for a 12:00 departure for SLC, with a plane change in Vegas (arriving at 1:50 PST). And, his flight was indeed cheaper going to SLC that had he just taken the non-stop to Vegas.
    Interestingly, we've been finding many of the SWA flights cheaper from MKE than out of Chicago Midway.

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is crazy. We booked Milwaukee to Las non-stop for mid October. Total price for 2, was $500. I alerted my brothers because these days that is a great price. By the time they looked, the same flight was in the $800 range and it still is.

14. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I appreciate the tip and will continue to look at SLC. We're trying to fly out on a Fri or Sat, so maybe that has something to do with it.

15. Red18andRed23

Red18andRed23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Total for 2 was $500...that is pretty good price! Jumping to $800 is nuts...we got $595 from Buffalo (minus our $258 credit made it $337 :thumbsup:) It drives me crazy how much the flights change! I watch the Buffalo to Tampa prices all the time as well...I like to book early because we ususally have set dates of when we want to fly...love grabbing the non stop flights via SWA.

16. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest's sale ends today and I assume that they will return to where they were ($181 to $233 in my case). Last night I noticed a Yahoo link that United was having a sale and clicked on to find they had prices comparable to SWA and the sale had just started. Of course, when you add for bags and such it makes them more and it did not state when the sale ended. It might end soon or if not, it may force Southwest to have another sale! I hate to lock in so early but the last 2 years sales were little, few, and far between. Don't you love it, six months from my trip and I am gambling already!

Jimbo338

17. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jimbo: I am jealous..... Its still 264 one way for me n/s on SWA

18. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I looked on my tax return and last last flight purchased separately was over $426 but the previous year was under $200. If I book today airfare will be $361.20 which isn't horrible but more than I'd like to pay and also involves changing planes. I do miss the non-stop flights that they discontinued in the winter. The other nice thing is that SWA doesn't charge for bags, changing dates or flights, and flys out of Manchester NH in a real jet, not a contracted puddle jumper.

Jimbo338

19. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are they still doing the direct flight as well - or cancelling it again for the winter/spring?

I'm down in tampa now - still SW but a few more flights... yet to look properly at the vegas route as they haven't opened the dates I want.

plus I'm at a new job so have less vacation.... :grrr:

20. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I booked my flights in January. No direct flights. I sill be changing planes in Chicago (to avoid Denver). This was not the $69 sale that ends today but price did drop to 180.60 which is the lowest it's been for awhile..

I think there are some non-stops but they dont run in the winter months when I am usually checking. I wish they hadn't opened in Boston. When they did that the number of flights dropped and the non stop direct was cut back and internet sales became more scarce and not as big a savings.

Anyway, it does feel good to know that I have a flight booked. Next I may call and reserve a room at Gold Spike tonight.

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.