1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

**Internet at Monte Carlo**

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by BC_Todd, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BC_Todd

BC_Todd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got our confirmation from our host at the MC. It mentions "in room wired internet". As we are an ipad family now I wonder if it is wifi or actually wired.

Anybody know?:nworthy:

Cheers!

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is wired. T4 cable in the wall, usually near the TV

I have a small wireless router that I just pack along and plug in to it instead so our phones get wireless access

3. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agreed get yourself a fairly priced router for travel purposes and cases like this.
    make sure the router has wifi feature...

connect the wire to the router and find the router on your ipad (settings/internet connections)

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. BCguy

BCguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Monte Carlo in May. Had in room wifi. You just have to log in(part of your 'resort fee').

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, you should be able to buy a cheap wireless router for $15-20 and just pack that along for just such cases.

What I did was I had an old d-link router with wifi from about 8 years ago that I was using for home networking. When I bought a newer more powerful router with better range I just packed the old one up and put it in my suitcase for travel. I also pack along a spare T4 cable as a "just in case" (some places don't provide the cable and charge you for it, though I've never had that in Las Vegas).

I started packing along my router years ago when one place we were staying at, I think it was Harrah's, had the internet connection in the stupidest place that made the computer totally inconvenient for using - the room had a couple of tables and a desk but you had to pretty much sit on the floor next to the nightstand to use the internet hookup.

7. BC_Todd

BC_Todd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One so no wifi in room, one says wifi in room:eek:

Love these forums... I have emailed my host for a wifi or wired answer...when I hear back from her I will post the response...

8. HM7

HM7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were at the MC back in Nov 11 and our deluxe room on the 19th floor was wired internet.

9. BC_Todd

BC_Todd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just heard back from my host. She says hard wired only. So, it's off to the apple store for me :rolleyes2:

10. BCguy

BCguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I know i wasn't dreaming it. I had an ipad and I definitely was getting a wifi signal in the room.:confused: I just had to log in with my last name and room number and i was connected. I remember it seemed like it was good for a 24 hour period cuz I had to relog in after a day or so.
    All I can say is try it yourself when you check in.

11. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

I always wondered why I would see so many choices for internet connections besides the hotels default. That explains it!

12. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    or just take your ipad downstairs to the food court and enjoy the free wifi at McDonalds :)

13. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could be lots of ways to get wifi in the hotel if the resort doesn't offer it in-room. McDonald's? Starbucks? Public-area access (like the business center or lobby)? But when the hotel says, "wired only" then bring the little wireless router along. Test/configure at home first, of course!

14. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although this is probably no help, thought it was interesting. Yet, no one should consider this interesting.

Business Center: $8 - 15 mins.; $14 - 30 mins.; $26 - 1 hr.; $2 per color page printed; $1 per black and white page printed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.