1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best corners & floors @ Cosmo?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by AeroSKI5150, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AeroSKI5150

AeroSKI5150 Low-Roller

formerly Boston, Charlotte, and now SEATTLE!
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could swear I read a fairly recent thread about the "choice" floors and specific room numbers for Cosmopolitan Wrap-Around Terrace Suites, but I can't seem to find it now....

Is it the general consensus that anything on the East Tower 68th-69th (and up?) floors are the newest room decor, with the xx93 (NW corner) and xx78 (NE corner) probably being the best combination of full strip views, down to the fountains, etc? Does West Tower have anything comparable (-01 rooms)?

Anyone upgraded beyond WATS? I'd imagine there are some pretty choice suites hidden throughout the property but rarely available as upgrades. Or, perhaps sacrifice the view and go for the pool Lanai?

Thanks for any insight - looking forward to first stay @ Cosmo! :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as floors are concerned, I'm partial to anything from floors 30-40. Its high enough to get an unobstructed view but I still feel like I'm part of the action.

I've stayed in both the East and West Towers, always facing the fountains and I can honestly say that both afford great views. It is slightly more convenient getting to the Strip from the East Tower rooms but the place isn't so spread out that the West feels like a haul.

As far as wraparound suites go, the one that we stayed in was on the NW corner of the East Tower. The living area faces the fountains and the bedroom faces the West Tower. We could see, and hear, Marquee (day and night) club from the bedroom side of the terrace but it was kind of entertaining to people watch and I never felt like it was too noisy to snooze.

I've also stayed in a Studio and a Terrace Suite in the West Tower. Both were located in the angled section of the tower so, again, great views and, of course, quite a bit less city/club noise.

I'm a little on the fence as to whether I'd like staying in a wraparound on the NE corner of the East Tower. Obviously great views but, not sure how crazy the noise is between traffic, the Boulevard pool scene, concerts, etc. Hopefully, someone has some experience with this location?

3. pbrehob

pbrehob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in a Wraparound Suite in the NE corner of the East Tower. We were in room 3978. I will attach a few pictures from the balcony.

I was thrilled to get the NE corner and this (approximate) floor. I went to the front desk around 9:00 am to get assigned a room and they were very helpful. I was able to actually check-in around 3:00 pm.

Attached Files:

4. Motorhead168

Motorhead168 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at Cosmo for two nights back in February. If I had the scratch I'd never stay anywhere else.

5. danjr

danjr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from a stay this weekend. There was a group of us for my bachelor party and everyone loved the rooms. We stayed in 3802, which is the SE corner of the West Tower connected to a 1BR. When checking in we asked for north facing rooms but they wanted $100/night/room for the upgrade. We took our chances with what they had and were blown away. You can still see the fountains from the suite, its just at an angle and not straight out view. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

6. danjr

danjr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is from 3802

Attached Files:

7. Countessa

Countessa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    was this a wraparound suite?

8. danjr

danjr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah it was the wraparound terrace suite on the Southeast corner of the west tower

9. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    West Tower? Does it have wraparound terraces?
    Were you in the front tower or in the back?

10. pbrehob

pbrehob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both towers have wraparounds.

11. danjr

danjr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its the West tower, but I guess you could call it the back tower, as it is not right on the strip, the elevators are the ones next to the lobby. The West Tower has 2 different locations for Wraparaounds, northeast or SouthEast corner. We had the Southeast corner one (room number ends in 02) but we still had an awesome view of the fountains, its just not as direct a view, but see above for pics I took from the balcony of room 3802.

12. etm117

etm117 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the east tower For two different stays one in the coveted NE wraparound you can still hear the Bellagio fountain music (not sure about the highest rooms, but could hear in the high-30s). In the west tower this past April (not a wraparound, but 3 rooms down from one) I could not hear the fountain music but faintly at certain times.

Just something to think about if that matters to you. :peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.