1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Beer after landing?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by savage810, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just found out my flight is changed and I'm going to arrive within 30 minutes of my buddy now so I'll likely wait for him at the airport. I have a checked bag and don't want to leave it on the carousel while I wait for him. So....the question is: Is there a place to grab a beer you can access once you've made it to baggage claim? I'm flying into Terminal 1 if that means anything.

Thanks!
    :beer:

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not that I know of once you get downstairs. The Lee's liquor store that was supposed to open in the terminal never happened and now somebody else has the winning bid, but it's not open yet and I really don't know which terminal it's going in.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe's right, but it's not really that big of a deal to go down, get your bag and then take the elevator back up to the 2nd floor and have a beer at that Big Als Chicago Deli or there's a NASCAR joint right next to it... they're on the main shopping area, so you don't need to go back thru security.

4. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It normally takes a few minutes for the bags to get to the carousel anyways, so I would just have a beer right off the plane, then leisurely walk to retrieve my bags after that. Is your friend by chance arriving at the same terminal? Just have him meet you at the bar, then ya'll can walk down to baggage claim together.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After you exit the main terminal and start heading to baggage claim when you go up that ramp that goes over the ticketing area on the right side, as you are walking to baggage claim, you will see three places you should be able to stop for a beer.

One is an actual bar, the other is a sandwich shop and the third is a BBQ restaurant.

So in your case I'd just go get pick up luggage at baggage claim and then wheel it back to the bar or the restaurant.

There are some slot machines out front if you need a diversion and there is an arrival/departure sign not too far away if you want to check on his flight status.

6. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps a terrible idea, but....

How are you getting to your hotel? Renting a limo? If so, arrange for one in advance, and ask for the driver to bring a couple of beers along. Grab your luggage, throw it in the limo, enjoy your beer, wait for buddy to arrive.

Limo-renting-people: would this work at a reasonable price given the 30 minutes between arrivals? Or is this the dumbest thing you've ever heard?

One obvious caveat - if your friend's flight is delayed, this could become a very expensive beer.

7. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I'd do something like this. Skip baggage and head strait to the 2nd floor. Get it in a plastic cup and then head back down to baggage.

You could get one before you leave security if you wanted as well and just walk to baggage and drink and wait.

8. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think the airport has a liquor license that would cover the walkways of the terminal. I believe you're only allowed to consume liquor inside the licensed bars/restaurants/lounges within the airport. Unfortunately it's not like being on the strip

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They may not but we have had no problems asking for plastic at the Fox Sports bar in the B terminal, or at Tequileria in the C terminal and heading to the gates with our drinks. :beer:

10. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't comment on bring in into baggage as I've never done that. I have however taken many drinks from the bars into the seating areas of the airport. The bars have actually encouraged me to do this. I was under the impression that in the county there are no open container laws. I'm sure a business(in this case the airport) can ban drinking, I have just never seen a sign doing so at the airport.

I've actually been encouraged to do that in other airports. I assume they are considered private property therefore there are no open container laws that would apply. These are in airports where drinking on a sidewalk is illegal.

11. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This might be moot. I'm sitting on the tarmac on Houston with low visibility and a backup!

12. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A month ago, I had nearly an hour to kill before catching the Sam's Town shuttle from McCarran. (Naturally, since getting in early didn't do any good, we landed a half hour ahead of schedule.) I debated taking the 108 or 109N to Flamingo and then the 202 to Boulder Highway; but decided that I'd probably get there around the same time by waiting for the shuttle. (And spending over $30 on a cab to save maybe a half hour over a seven night trip didn't seem overly appealing.) However, I didn't realize that a beer, a large domestic, cost $10 with tip. Maybe waiting for the shuttle wasn't such a good idea after all! Or I could have gotten a soft drink and poured in one of the miniatures I brought. No one cares if you walk around with a paper cup, top, and straw.

13. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe you can pass our suggestions on to your friend for where he can stop and get a beer while he waits for his friend to arrive...

:) :) :)

14. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always get a beer in a plastic cup from one of the bars. You can even drink it standing in the cab line...

15. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ended up arriving within two minutes of each other!

16. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let the fun begin!:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.