1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

mlife offers vs. host offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by lovevegas612, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovevegas612

lovevegas612 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have read on several topics here about how mlife offers suck and my host always does better.
    that NEVER happens to me, my host always just tells me what my mlife offer is and thats what i get.
    so how do you guys get better than the mlife offers?

2. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do you gamble per day? Slots, Tables? It is either the host you have used is not helpful or your play may not qualify for better offers. I normally budget $800-900 (mostly slots, some table play) per day for my budget and the host I use at NYNY definitely gives me better offers than anything I have ever received from Mlife.

3. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMO The higher level your play is the more willing the hosts are to go above and beyond published offers.
    If your avg.bet is $75-$100 the host may not have much leeway.
    If your avg. is $350-400 they will probably be able to offer more than MLife offers.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell us what sort of offers you tend to get via Mlife. That gives us a better idea of what your play level is like. If those offers are discounted rooms, vs free rooms, or free suites, then I doubt the host can do anything more.

5. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How can I get a host? I think that my offers are crap too, I gamble about 1k a day on slots, is that not good enough for more than just a BOGO nite?

6. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Bankroll is usually equally split between slots and table games. I think the Mlife offers only consider one or the other. So, my hosts usually do considerably better

7. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the offers you are getting are BOGO, then you are apparently rated low in the MGM system. I would just call in and see what they can do. I doubt it will be much better than that though.

It does seem a bit low for $1000 a day. When you say $1000 a day, is that your loss, or your coin in?

8. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a low Noir who usually stays at NYNY or Mirage and plays slots, though I will take advantage of offers from other mLife (or CET) resorts once in a while. It doesn't always hold true, but it seems like a host will bump things up a bit when they think I'm straying away. For example, I stayed at a different MGM property in December and again in April, and my "official" summer offer from the Mirage is the following:

FREEPLAY starting from $150
    3 Complimentary nights in a Deluxe Room
    $100 in Mirage Rewards

By booking through a Mirage host who's treated me well in the past, I'll be staying there in July with the following comps:

$500 FREE PLAY
    *THREE NIGHTS IN A NEW SUITE
    *FOOD AND BEVERAGE FOR YOU AND A GUEST
    *VIP CHECK IN, 2 TICKETS TO SHOW, AND LIMO

By the way, I didn't have to haggle to negotiate this... just sent the host an email to see what was available and got the response I quoted above.

9. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a 1k per day gambling budget, then definitely contact a host. I am close to your range and my host seems more than happy to book my reservations.

10. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coin in..

11. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    do you have a name or number for me? can i call someone up?

12. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $1k coin-in per day isn't much. if you were talking about budget/loss that's way different. you are probably stuck with your offers at that level.

13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, $1,000/day coin in, a host won't be too interested.

Now if you're willing to lose $1,000/day, MLife will still send you nice offers for 3 nights, but a host will be happy to let you live there for as long as your money lasts.

14. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter and Chuck are right that any host would want more play than 1k coin-in. Sorry, I read your first post as 1k per day budget, not coin-in. I've never took the time to figure my coin-in per day, but I normally earn about 35,000-45,000 tier credits per day.

15. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok maybe I am the confused one.. my budget was 1k and that was spent daily.. but thanks anyways and I earned 34 k in points and that was not even staying there..

16. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coin in = money that goes through the machine. So if you're at a $1 slot, playing three paylines, and you press the button 50 times, your coin in = $1 X 3 X 50 = $150.

During those 50 presses, you might wind up hitting something that pays 10 times, and the cumulative total of those wins might be $135. So you've only lost $15, but you've put ten times that through the machine.

Budget = How much you're willing to potentially lose per day of your trip

So if you lose $1,000, the chances are good that you've probably put around $10,000 through the machine.

17. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    then it was budget, because I had 1k per day of the trip and came home with nothing..
    brought 3k total

18. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For almost all measurements, it is coin in, or coin played. Tables, slots, etc.

Losses or wins are in almost all cases not taken into account.

So, with a $1,000 budget you could have $1,000 coin in because you never won a damn thing. Possible.

In reality, you could easily hit many thousands in coin in, as you get lots of small wins and keep playing.

19. lovevegas612

lovevegas612 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi, the internet was not letting me get on vmb yesterday, i was freaking out!!

anyway, my coing in for 4 days is anywhere between around $130k on average, but last trip in may it was $190k. this is combined for my husband and myself, i get the "good" offers under my account, he gets crap, our cards are linked! mlife cards.
    my offere are 3 or 4 nights comp suite, 1500 fp, f/b of $500day, limo p/up and drop off, some offere 2 show tkts some dont.

20. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if a host is going to get much more, as there is not much more to give. (lol!) With your coin in, I am guessing you have Express Comps coming out your ____ and can pay for anything else you want just as easy.

By the way, if you husband gets crap offers that you do not use, it might help just a little to have him play on your card boosting your play up. Still, I am thinking with the offers you mention, you are already at the top tier already.

With your play, you can probably get more show tickets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.