1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Incidental Fee's

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Magician, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magician

Magician Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the Cosmpolitan and Aria can we get the incidental fee's waivered if we say that we dont want to use any of the "charge to room" privileges? We wont really be using them anyway.. we will be paying for the room by debit card, and if they put a hold on the card, its a bit of a problem for us.

2. Onlyoneoklahoma

Onlyoneoklahoma Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doubtful. Last time I was at Wynn, there was a $125 per day charge put on my card upon check-in. Credit cards exist for this very reason.

3. bdg626

bdg626 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't recall at Cosmopolitan, but at Aria they do let you decide if you want to leave the room open or closed for incidentals.

:beer:

4. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If by incidentals you mean the room deposit...which im pretty sure every place is going to make you leave one...theyre usually about $300 deposits...

Which the process is something I don't understand, here's why- my last trip I stayed at the rio, at check in the lady says if I want to leave a cash deposit its a hundred dollars a day, or $200 for the stay...so I say okay and give her the $200. Come time to check out I walk up to the counter she takes my rooms keys, says let me get you your deposit, and hands me back the $200. At what point did the ever check the room for damage? And what good was holding my money until I leave, say something was broken in the room...they wouldn't have found out about it until later when my cash and I had already left...so what good could it have done??

I understand why hotels have a deposit, and Im not saying they shouldn't, I just don't know how effective the policy/format is.

My suggestion would be to call a head and just ask what they require

5. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I understand it, the deposit is not to guard against damages, it is for any incidentals that might be charged to room. This can include long distance calls (or local if they charge for that) from phone, pay per view movies on TV, game rentals via TV, room service, spa charges, restaurant charges, mini bar charges, etc.

Best thing to do is call them beforehand and ask what their policy is considering incidentals.

6. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmopolitan want $150 a day incidental charges, either cash or a card hold. I emailed them about it last year and there doesn't seem to be any give in it.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the many reasons we carry credit cards (multiple) and do not use debit cards at all.

8. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Working for a bank and at one time customer service, I will inform you to call your bank after you see the item pending and have them reverse the temporary authorization. This will credit the funds towards your available balance. The only way the funds will actually be debited is if the hotel actually submits authorization to be paid(which they wont if you dont destroy the room). I have removed numerous upon numerous of these holds for hotels and car rental companies.

9. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a word of caution to the OP (who is from the UK), I have asked my bank (Natwest) to remove a hold before now when a hotel "forgot" to clear it and they told me the hotel had to sort it out.

10. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It may depend on the bank. I work for a not hugely popular but mildly popular back out east. I also bank with Huntington who has been able to do it for me on my personal account so I can use the funds.

Removing authorization does not mean the item will not clear. However in this situation, they will only clear the item if you actually owe the incidentals.

Let's pretend the item sits in pending, and you are cleared all of incidental charges, the merchant will not submit the ticket to be paid and the pending authorization will fall of as it almost never existed.

11. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My point was that your experience is with US banks, and myself and the OP use UK banks. In my experience, most things you think would be the same across the atlantic aren't.

12. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im sorry you did state that in your last message, apologies. I still recommend contacting the bank to see their policy. Id hate having all they good money in limbo.

13. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh defintely, it's worth asking the bank if they can knock it off as they are a pain in the backside.

14. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The day I will take time to call a bank and deal with all the hassles, will be a cold day in hell. We just use a credit card with lots of open credit and do not worry about it.

Vegas = vacation

Calling a bank = pure pain

15. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Calling a bank is hardly a major chore. You dial a number and wait in hold for a few minutes. Have I done something to offend you? You seem to have something negative to say about a lot of my posts.

16. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was not offended by your post in the least.

Just sharing my personal pain in dealing with phone trees, waiting on hold and sometimes less than helpful people on the other end. Especially when I can just use a credit card and avoid the whole thing.

Again, just my opinion and not meant to be offensive.

17. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Banks are about the only thing left in the UK where you can usually get through quickly.

18. Magician

Magician Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it.

Would we be able to use 2 cards at check in? the debit card for the hotel room, and a credit card for incidentals?

19. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Give them a credit card on arrival

Later you can leave final charges on credit card, or pay it off at checkout with debit card

20. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they don't charge your room at check-in. just put the credit card on file and at checkout you can have them put all the charges on your debit card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.