1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Comps searching any tips?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mike mc, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering when checking the reservation sections for CET comps, do they have specific hours or days they may increase offers like the major airlines do for Tues and Wed airfares? I am almost ready to book but didnt want to miss out on a comp'ed day if I can check online for certain days or times for best offers :thumbsup:

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EDIT: think I misread the question

There aren't particular booking days where all the rates are reduced, which is what I thought you meant.

There are nights that tend to be cheaper (Sun-Thurs with M-W being most consistent).

If you don't want to miss good deals, use the calendar. Go to Caesars.com, log in with TR #, click to "Calendars" tab under make a reservation, select all las vegas hotels and click find rates, and you can just scroll up through all the dates at all the hotels looking for your best deals.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think they might have a certain day of the week that they evaluate bookings and tweak the comps/pricing. But, have never heard of when that might be. Could be daily, weekly - no idea.

4. Countessa

Countessa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been told by the reservation staff that prices can change online multiple times per day, so you just never know when the best price will pop up. If it seems good book it and you can always modify or cancel it later.

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They definitely can change multiple times a day, however, if you are receiving comp rooms they normally stay fairly consistent. But if you see it - book it!!! Otherwise it may be gone the next time if you aren't normally comped.

I have noticed however that if there is a big airfare sale (such as SW had last week), the room rates have a tendency to increase slightly (when I am not logged in). Most people won't book a flight without knowing they have a hotel - so they can get those impulse buyers at that point.

6. Vegas Name Ron Mexico

Vegas Name Ron Mexico Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This!! Then just keep checking. If comp (or cheaper) nights come up during your stay, just modify your reservation.

7. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that prices/comps are totally based on availability. If they don't have a high % of rooms booked prices are lower and more comps available. Some properties only allow a certain % of rooms to go out as comps, you can have a comp listed for 3 months from now and it can disappear next month. Just like if you look at a hotel that doesn't normally show comps for you, during a very slow week you may have one listed.

I believe there is a computer program that automatically does this. Just has a formula that compares rooms booked and changes rates/comps based on that. Could probably happen instantly.

8. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually, your best bet is to book early (3 or 4 months out) or longer if you know your dates. OTOH, if you can move on a dime, you'll often find great rates at the last minute, though there is no guarantee. The earlier comps tend to be more in tune with your betting level, so if you usually get comps at Harrahs or the Flamingo, that's your best bet. Last minute comps can be more random and you can end up with a couple of nights at Paris for example. Still, there is really no way to be for sure with CET. Things can change very fast!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.