1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lee Discount Liquor

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Michelle, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking for some good wine, I'm assuming I can find it there. So if I'm coming from the airport going to MGM which Lee's location should I direct the cab driver to? I don't mind paying for a longer cab ride if the one location is better than another.

Thanks!

2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a Lee's on Las Vegas Boulevard South between Mandalay Bay and South Point...when you are headed South it is on the left hand side.

You might not know this but many of the Strip stores like CVS, Walgreens and ABC Stores now carry wine so you can always pick up wine on the Strip (although I can't vouch for the brands). There is also a liquor store I recall in one of the little strip malls betweeh PH and The MGM Grand.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way back in August 2010 plans were approved to have Lee's Runway Liquor, owned by Lee's, open inside McCarren.

Dec, 2011 they were given notice that if construction didn't start by Dec 30, 2011, they would be in default of the agreement.

As far as I know, it never happened. Too bad, it would have been so logical to buy booze at the airport on the way to the hotel.

Anyone have an update?

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lee's Liquor did default so back in February the contract was awarded to the second place bidder for the spot, Liquor Library.

Their last word on the matter was that they plan to open this fall.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Auggie. :thumbsup:

6. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Little off topic, but after the winery tour in Pahrump, we fell in love with their wine and mine arrived via Fed Ex I ordered yesterday. I am NOT a wine lover, but the Symphony they make there and offer on their website is excellent

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.