1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Bar/Restaurant for Draft Beer Selection

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Rutgerskid, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rutgerskid

Rutgerskid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm bring a couple of Vegas Veterans out in June and would like to know some tips for good draft choices...I've heard the place in Monte Carlo (Can't remember the name off hand) is fantastic.

Thanks for the tips!

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the Pub. Good selection. If you don't have one at home, YardHouse down in Town Center south o' Mandalay has the Pub beat by a factor of five, I'd guess. If I recall correctly, that's one of the "smaller" Yardies with maybe 150+ paddles. The big 'uns push 300.

3. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    32 degree bar at M Resort has like 90 draft choices and Todd English Pub has a huge selection of bottled beer and some on tap as well.

4. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes great selecton:beer:

5. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to disagree with the Todd English Pub recommendation. They have a moderate selection, but the prices are monstrous. Nine bucks for a PBR pint is buffoonery.

I will pay outrageous prices for good steak. Outrageous prices for beer angry up my blood.

The Pub in the Monte Carlo is great though... phenomenal selection and prices.

6. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they have a little sign that say "whatever name beer $1 drafts" thats all I need.

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree on their prices -we found them extremely high (yes, even for Vegas/a big city) $9 for a domestic wheat beer 20oz. Their food is so-so and moderately priced. But the bar is REALLY loud and Monte Carlo uses way too much scent these days - so we won't be going back (used to love it when it was an actual brew pub:cry:)

The "regular" Vegas restaurants are pretty pathetic when it comes to interesting taps. Many places have a somewhat decent bottle selection, but.....

Downtown, there are two brewpubs - 777 at Main St Station and Chicago Joe's at Four Queens (Much smaller - but decent beer)

8. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dammit, I'm thirsty. You guys are gonna make me go grab my growlers and drive over to Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co.!!!

And I'm glad for that. :beer:

9. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I am going to disagree with myself. They have a great selection, and decent prices for the strip. It is the best combination of selection and price FOR THE STRIP. In general, it is a daterape, but there isn't anything on the strip that compares favorably.

Hope this helps and clarifies my previous comment.

10. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Public House at the Venetian has a huge beer menu. They had a $5 special when I was there. I think they list 24 beers on tap. http://publichouselv.com/

11. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked the Bellagio about that a while back, and I was told that if you ask them a few months ahead of time, they can try to have a particular beer in stock.

12. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the fact that Todd English's PUB has a good selection of beer. I applaud them for having a good local, micro, selection. Support you local brewery! But the last time I was there I had their cask ale and it was too warm. I don't mean, "I'm used to iced cold lager and cask ale is warn and flat". They were warm as compared to my many trips to the UK. But, in general, properly handled cask ale is a rare find in the US.

13. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If local support is key, then head to the source in Vegas. You have Chicago Brewing in two spots, Tenaya Creek, Big Dogs' outlets, 777, Barley's and I'm sure a few I'm overlooking; oh, what's that one at Miracle Mile and in the back of Flaming-O? No biggie, never found a brew of theirs I liked.

14. CinnamintStick

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the cask beer at Public House. It was slightly warmer than beer that I was use to, but It had more flavor at that temperature they served it at. I thought it was delicious. At the Public house they has Nevada's only Certified Cicerone (Beer sommelier).

15. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sin City:peace: I don't think they have an IPA, so hubby doesn't like them, but if it's Sin City or Budweiser, he'll choose SC. It's all about priorities:thumbsup:

Thanks for the Public House recs- here and in another thread recently. Our next trade show is at the Sands (last 3 times in Vegas has been at Mandalay Bay) So that will definitely be a place for us to check out for a "restorative" beer after a long show day:beer: Added bonus - related to another thread - the menu has prices AND sizes!

16. mb12848

mb12848 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    make the trip south to the M and the 32 degree bar. Anchor Steam drafts:beer: and virtually anything else you can think off on draft:thumbsup:

17. Dork42775

Dork42775 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does Las Vegas get Russian River beer ? I am pretty sure Firestone Walker is there and their Double Jack IPA is amazing.

18. CinnamintStick

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like Firestone beers. There was about 5 Firestone beers at Public House on the special for $5 when I was there. I think the sale is still going on, but for how long I don't know. They had the Double Jack IPA and a Cask beer also.

19. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoy the Todd English Pub beer selection but, agreed, the prices are steep. For that reason, I highly recommend happy hour (M-F, 3-6 pm). All beers are half price. Last time we were there, they also had a pretty decent oyster special.

Another spot that we hit almost every trip is Pour 24 at NY NY. I'm pretty sure they also have a happy hour but not sure the times. Anyway, lots of good suds on tap at around $6-7 a pint if I remember correctly. I will note that this is a bar, and it sits in kind of an odd spot in the resort but, we always seem to have a good time there.
    http://www.newyorknewyork.com/entertainment/bars/pour-24.aspx

20. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also Gordon Biersch, meh beer and Joseph James, very good beer.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.