1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How to Accumulate SW Drink Tickets

Discussion in 'Coupons & Sweepstakes' started by LushLife, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Folks, been a RR member at Southwest for a year or two, and I was at about 5000 points.

I got one of the credit cards and then had 55k points. I've since used some 32k on a flight. I spend a decent amount per month on the card thus accumulating points.

Question is, when do ya'll get Drink tickets in the mail? I might need to go about buying some off eBay if I don't get them soon for my trip. Do you only get them from points accumulated via airfare or do you get them based on points from the Credit Card?

Thanks for the help in advance!

2. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tickets have expiration dates on them now, so be careful of ebay purchases.

It use to be easier to accumulate tickets. You use to get a booklet every time you received a flight voucher. Now you have to fly 8 round trip flights to get one booklet. Very lame! You did get one on your Rapid Rewards sign up anniversary date though.

3. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the previous RR system (16 credits = free flight), SWA would send you a free drink tickets upon completing those 16 credits.

In the latest RR 2.0 system, which all works on the points system, there is no specific level for a free flight ... it's all based on point values. So, they now say that a free drink booklet (4 drinks) is sent out after five "paid" round trips.

4. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes, harder to get than I imagined...

I don't think I got any free drink tickets yet, but I did just get some welcome package yesterday, so maybe I'll check through that, and just bite the bullet on the plane. Luckily we have a great microbrewery/restaurant just outside of SW security at our airport ;)

5. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I talked to someone at the 800 number and they said that it was "trips taken". I was concerned because all my trips are from Rapid Reward points.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmmm... that's good to know... I fly once or twice a month and have over 190,000 points built-up. I'd never really seen a rhyme or reason to them, they just seemed to show-up once inawhile.

7. luvnvegas2

luvnvegas2 Guest

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have four that expire in Dec. I paid about $10 for them if you are interested. I bought them to use on my last trip, and the stewardess did not collect at the end of the flight.

9. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure, how much do you want for them?

10. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PM sent, and Paypal'd.

Let me know when you send them out Ron.

Cheers :beer:

11. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This might be a dumb question, but I see alot of threads of people trying to get these drink tickets. Wouldn't it just be waaaay easier and cheaper to bring your own booze?

12. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the plane? Is that even legal. I mean I guess if you had the tiny bottles you could bring them on, but why...

13. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought of that last week at the liquor store, they had small bottles of Smirnoff for $.99. Then I thought about those little lotion bottles at the dollar store and filing them at home.

14. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's legal to bring the alcohol on the plane, but I think you can get in trouble for drinking it on the plane. Last time we flew we brought on 25 mini bottles between the 4 of us and got shitfaced for a fraction of the cost Allegiant charges.

15. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then the TSA finds those lotion bottles filled with a flammable unidentified substance and your doin 15 years in the federal pen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.