1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MMVIII Live Updates - Attendees & Fans Post Here!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by jasonargo, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to apologize for the dearth of drunk texts many of you have been missing. Practically everyone's phone died right as the booze was setting in. I only managed to save enough battery to call for a limo...

2. Morpheus7272

Morpheus7272 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Green shirt, dead center :D

3. sulobo

sulobo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a Facebook page?

4. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not much going on facebook at all. I've seen two or three pictures, that's it.

5. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dammit I want a drunk dial! Although in honesty I probably won't hear it since I sleep with a fan on.

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was mass cellphone battery failure last night just as things started getting good. But there were lots of pictures. Some should make it here at some point.

7. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Touchdown !

Just arrived in my MGM room.

The $20 trick didn't really work at the MGM check in desk at the airport - at least for an upgrade in type of room - and the agent handed back the bill without comment with my ID and credit card. However, I did request a better room or better view and am on the highest floor I have ever been on at MGM with a decent view - and the guy next to me at the counter was told his room was not available yet - so I am not complaining. I didn't try to give him the $20 a second time but took his name down and will write a note to MGM to pump him up.

Just getting organized, need food and then will start roaming around..

JZB

8. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The party prep is in full swing. We have been up & at it for awhile now. Got the beer on ice, the bar is set up and Van has been gracious enough to agree to drive me to pick up the platters later.

Next step will be room set up & job designation. We will be ready!

9. sulobo

sulobo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun Sin.( I posted on your other thread) :beer:Someday i will be at MM. It always falls before or after my schedule.

10. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MM party

Will see everyone tonight.

Greg

11. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The dates for the next meet are usually picked not too long after everyone gets home and recovers from the last one, sulobo. Keep an eye out and maybe you can join up. It's really fun.

I just got back from a wander through City Center. I found the elevator I need for the party tonight at Cosmo, but then I couldn't find my way back to Monte Carlo. :haha: I have a general idea, but maybe a taxi is a better idea.

All the places at City Center are beautiful, but not for me. I'm not a Louis Vuitton purse kinda gal. And I won't pay $1000 for a dress. The pay tables on the VP and the table limits were also a bit rich for my tastes. But it was gorgeous.

Cosmo didn't impress me as much as I thought it would. The layout is confusing and I thought the ceilings felt too low.

Crystals was really strange. Lots of high class shopping and dining, but the way it's designed makes it really open and airy. Unfortunately it made it look to me like it was mostly empty.

I came back to my room to relax and rest my feet for the party tonight. I am really tired, but I hope to get my 2nd wind once we get going. The only problem with trying to rest is that I'm 27 floors above the pool area and all I can hear is *thump* *thump* *thump* *thump* from the music down there. It's really loud.

I took a lot of pictures today I hope to share. I need to remember to take pictures tonight. I forgot to take a single photo last night. :( I know lots of other people were taking them so hopefully they will share too.

12. keno

keno obsessed with countdown timers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I've no idea what tome I went to bed but I remember having to close the curtains as is was too bright outside. Got up at about 1 or so, as housekeeping wanted to know if they could clean the room.

Went to MESA Grill for lunch and had the prix frixe. It was so super tasty. The blue corn pancake with BBQ duck had just a hint of spicy hotness that went well with my margarita. Em had the sweet potato soup, which had a rich velvety texture that coated your mouth and made you crave for more.

For the main dish, I couldn't finish the new Mexican style pork tenderloin sandwich. It had an ancho chile crust and layer on top of some spinach and ancho chile mayo, nestled between two slices of a cibatta type bread. Em had the salmon, which was Cooke medium rare, giving a nice raw texture to the fish that melted in your mouth. Dessert was a simple custard with berries on top. A nice cool/sweet way to end a most spectacular meal.

In the past, I always sorta hated Bobby flay, but no longer!
    Food pics in next post

13. keno

keno obsessed with countdown timers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't the pictures to upload so I'll do it when I get home :(

14. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time you guys & remember - no pictures means it never happened!

When we Were Young
  15. jasonargo

jasonargo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Live from the Cosmo suite, Phil is getting popular!

[​IMG]

-

16. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love that pic! It's like playing Romper Room. I see Ken, I see Sticky (in a compromising position, gotta love that), I see Lynnie. I see a ton of people I love and miss...

17. rowEn

rowEn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi!!!!!

OK y'all, I'm on borrowed, very slow, Italian internet. :)

Just wanted to say to all in Vegas: Have a wonderful time!!!

I'll be back HOME home home home home in 40 days :)

Need to start planning another Vegas trip...right after John finds a new job :)

18. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank gawd.

19. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where's baby Jesus??!??

20. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    C'mon Kikky. You know this group. That was probably the least compromising photo of the night.

I had so much fun at the party. What a fantastic group of people we have here. I had great conversation with just about everyone I think. It got a little blurry towards the end there. :wink2:

What we did talk about quite a few times are all the people who weren't able to make it. There was much toasting to friends at home. Wish you all could have been there. But now that I've had a taste of all that is MM, I am determined not to miss another one. Even if I have to walk to Vegas. sleep at the bus station and sip water all day, I am determined. :)

I was last one out of the party. (Sorry ladies, I didn't want to leave! but when Sin was in her PJ's I knew it was time.) I thought it would be quiet when I hit the lobby around 3am. It was a zoo at Cosmopolitan. Nobody could walk, people were being carried, etc. Oh, on the way down on the elevator it stopped on a floor, the door opened and all I saw was this guy laying on the floor with his head propped up on the table in the elevator bay. Another guy got on and said, "Did you just see that?" We cracked up all the way downstairs.

I got out front and the Taxi line was HUGE! All the girls had their shoes off and most were barely standing. One young thing fell into the ashtray/trashcan thing and sent all kinds of glasses and thing flying all over. Sheesh. Then back here at MC I got in the elevator with this tiny little thing and a huge guy. He was holding her up and asking if she knew what floor she was on. That's when I thought "Uh oh". She said, I'm on 35. There's not a 35. Then she said maybe it was 34. I explained that she had to pick something under 32, so she picked 32. UGH! So then she says "I think it's this one" and fell against the panel, pushing all the buttons. Luckily she didn't push anything under 27, which was my floor. :) After I got off the elevator and the door closed, I heard a loud crash in there. Poor thing is going to be hurting today.

I've got to get ready for the poker tourney. My only wish for today is that I don't go out of the tournament first. I can go out 10 seconds later, but just not first please. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.