1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just Call Me Clark Griswold...

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Double_Down, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report. I looked at Walmart the other day for a copy of Vegas Vacation I could watch on my laptop on the plane but alas - none to be found. At least I got a taste of it from you!!

2. swanny

swanny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent TR. Too bad you lost so much (ouch), but hopefully your luck will change next trip.

3. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, we've all had beat-downs like that, so we can all feel your pain. At least you made it entertaining.

And mad props for making the trek from the ElCo to the Western. That's a taste of Vegas most tourists never see. FYI--the bathrooms at the Western are actually very nice and clean. It's a long story about why I know this, but just in case you need a place to pee on skid row and the gutter doesn't offer enough privacy, the Western is as good a place as any to drop trou.

Mikey :thumbsup:

4. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your TR was mesmerizing. It reminded me so much of a recent weekend I spent at Harrah's New Orleans. Interspersing the Vegas Vacation quotes made all the tales of gambling woe much more palatable to read. They definitely lightened the gloom. Maybe your gambling karma will return on your next trip. Thanks for writing.

5. dscs007

dscs007 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR. Too bad you lost so much so quickly, although I must admit I've felt a LOT like Clark Griswald a couple of times in Vegas.

David

6. J Johnson

J Johnson Guest

Great Trip report. Anyone going to vegas more then a few times have had these unlucky
    trips but your was well written and fun to read. Thanks better luck next time

7. Double_Down

Double_Down Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figured out that the band that was playing on the Fremont Street Experience stage was called The Garage Boys.

They return to Fremont on April 9-11 and play Carnaval Court on April 23rd.

http://www.myspace.com/thegarageboysband

8. JAS

JAS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR report! Sorry you lost so much.:cry:

9. 7beasley

7beasley Guest

Hi

Great report!

This will be my first time in Vegas without a car -- I cannot go to Vegas without eating at an In-n-Out Burger....figured I would take a cab ---- but is there one within walking distance of the strip??? I am staying at Harrah's.

Thanks!
    Nicole

10. Double_Down

Double_Down Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one behind NYNY is probably about a two mile walk from Harrah's.

If you walk it, start from the Excalibur side of W. Tropicana. Then you walk under I-15.

Here's directions:

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33451&highlight=in-n-out

11. sailor53

sailor53 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that was quite the beating. I've had trips where I lost and lost, but usually at least one good day. Enjoyed the report and thanks for posting.

12. 1quick1

1quick1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report man. Sucks about not catching any luck at gambling but I know how that goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.