1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Henderson area golf

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by GROWLR, May 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be in Las Vegas the first week of July for about 10 days. Driving in so I'll be bringing my clubs.

Looking for suggestions on good/fun golf courses in the Henderson area.

Played a few on the west side last summer now looking to see a different part of the are. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not exactly Henderson, but out that end of town is Boulder Creek, which is very nice and a great value. For best rates, they tend to list on GolfNow about 14 days out from a date, and then put their best "hot rates" deals up something like 10-11 days out. Boulder City is more of a municipal course but perfectly fine and even cheaper.

Rio Secco is in Henderson and nice, but often pretty pricey for what you get.

Revere is a decent compromise, similar play to Rio Secco but cheaper, but I have avoided of late as their prices have crept up to the point where I feel there are better options at their price point or similar ones at a lower point. For instance, the hot rate I booked for Boulder Creek was perhaps a third or slightly more of what I normal see Revere times listed at, and I like Boulder Creek a bit better if anything.

Reflection Bay is out by Lake Las Vegas and I quite liked it when I played it, but I have heard that its condition has not been great the last couple of years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Revere at Anthem. Boulder Creek in Boulder City. Rio Secco if the coin doesn't scare you off. Cascata in Boulder if your host loves you. lol

I know it's the wrong direction but last week I played Mountain Falls in Pahrump. First time there in over a decade. There are a few pics on the Vegas photo thread. Anyway, there's a bit of an aesthetic disconnect between the nines owing to how it developed but conditioning was great and the greens were even better. Super deal for the price. Pretty drive over there. Bring a solid iron game if going flag-hunting there!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked Mountain Falls. When you played it had they finished fixing the first par 3 on the back? When I played you had to skip it and then play 2 balls on the second one (one at each of 2 greens)

btw how was Reflection Bay condition wise?

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love that two-green orientation on 17. Happy to get to play to the right one that day. I piped a 4i from 197 into the wind to kick in. Both par 3s on the back are solid. A little altitude assist in Pahrump. Hell, most of the routing is solid.

Some things came up during our visit so only played the one round.

6. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. Boulder Creek sounds interesting, might be a lot of what I'm looking for. Was considering Reflection Bay, but disappointed to hear it may not be in the greatest condition. Also Rio Secco as well. Might be nice for a more fancy destination.

7. Blue pacific

Blue pacific Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try checking out “golf moose” site, discounted prices everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  8. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Boulder Creek. Here's a photo album from the first time I played it in 2016. Played it again in 2020 and still loved it. A little big raw and rugged (in a good way; not a neglected way) with lots of sand and interesting features.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.