1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Glitch? - Cancelling a Comp Reservation

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Mr Bulldops, Jan 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a comp room at my local CET for this weekend (tomorrow) that I've decided to cancel. When I try to do so on the website, I get the message "You are cancelling a reservation within the cancellation window. By doing so there is a penalty fee of $50.00 plus tax." In addition to that message being confusing as hell, the terms clearly state you can cancel up until 6PM on the day of arrival with no penalty and I'm well over 24 hours ahead of that time. Anyone else having this issue?

2. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had this when I forgot I had a reservation in my husbands name a few weeks ago.. I just called to cancel it and they didn't charge me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve had the same problem with a reservation at Harrah’s Joliet. This is something new within the last few months. I still cancelled cause I didn’t want to drive there even with their warning up. Didn’t get charged

4. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah ok this is a good data point. This was also a Harrah's Joliet reservation. Maybe it's some new scare tactic to make you second guess cancelling :thumbsdown:

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Vegas it's 48 hours, if it's a paid reservation you forfeit your deposit, if comped you pay $50.

In Joliet it's 24 hours for a paid and until 6:00pm arrival day for comps.

They probably just didn't program the website warning message to handle them differently.

I think I'd call to cancel. You can't necessarily trust the system to apply the policy correctly if it's throwing up a warning incorrectly.

6. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    F614031F-0E09-4615-A0D6-D9D2E6D0631B.png

For a reservation for tomorrow night

7. Philonous815

Philonous815 Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do we know what time 48 hours count back from? check in time (4pm)?

8. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can only answer to comped Vegas rooms, which currently can still be cancelled before 6pm the day of checkin without penalty.

If another market or not comped, one thing you could do to avoid the fee is call and move the reservation out a few days, which would move it outside the cancellation window fee. Then call back and cancel.

9. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea it was a comped room and I’m diamond
    Their system is just screwed up

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That may actually still be the case, but the T&Cs for new Vegas reservations say 48 hours for comps. I have an email I made months ago for an upcoming comp stay and it also says 48 hours. And I hadn't seen this before - they say they take it from your RCs if you have them.

I suppose that for comps, it's possible that the "cancellation window" means up until 6:00pm day of, but I couldn't find that stated anywhere.

upload_2022-1-15_16-30-55.png

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what it should be. I've never tested it.

When you're booking a new reservation, they don't have the buffer period programmed correctly.

If you check out at 11:00am on a Monday, you should be able to book a new reservation for Wednesday because check in isn't until 4:00pm. But it doesn't recognize that and you can't start a new stay until Thursday unless you call.

12. Sgt_Shultz

Sgt_Shultz If the phone doesn't ring it's me

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally I no longer consider this type of thing with them to be a "glitch". It's just bad,lazy and or cheap programming.
    Rant off
    @Mr Bulldops I would be interested to know the end result and if you made the res in 21 or 22.

As to the cancellation 48hr rule, it was (is?) 48hrs from the "date" of reservation so if you had a res starting th 22nd you need to cancel by 11:59pm on the 19th online . To make matters even more confusing the system didn't (doesn't?) understand the concept of time zones and used(uses?) the date where you are not the date at the location of stay.

13. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2022, about a week and a half ago. They cancelled the reservation when I called in. Complete waste of their phone agent's time though.

14. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, didn't know they had changed their policy.

I popped into the Paris front desk to ask and they said 72 hours. I'll keep asking around and see if there's a consensus.

15. Sgt_Shultz

Sgt_Shultz If the phone doesn't ring it's me

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.