1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

11/27-12/6, last trip of this scope. $4000 FP and $350 FBC for the week.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by DaiLun, Nov 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Pre trip notes for the November/December trip.

OK, this may be my last trip of this scope, especially since I have made a decision to pursue knee replacement surgery. It will keep me from visiting Las Vegas for at least 6-8 months.

All tolled, I will be getting close to $4000 FP and $300 in food comps over 10 days. Most of my meals will be comped.

Originally, it was going to be a quick drive (well, 4 hours each way) to Reno to use up $400 FP from Atlantis. After looking at the T&C, I am not eligible for this promotion, so I've saved a trip. My ex-wife will take the train down Saturday morning, and pick up the car from the train station.

I redeemed 1M HGS (2 x 500k) points through Playstudios (myVegas, myKonami, POP Slots, etc.). mLife did not participate with Playstudios in 2020, so I "doubled down" for 2021. As soon as the ballroom dates were announced, I booked a three day weekend for each Ballroom weekend, in anticipation of a stay being required (which it was).

I redeemed a 500,000 HGS points reward for each of the ballroom weekends. It is the maximum allowable through Playstudios (no custom comps allowed for HGS) and the cost also increased by 33% over the past two years. In prior years it was 3,000,000 LPs (Loyalty Points) for 500,000 HGS points, this year it was 4,000,000 LPs. Oh well, inflation (it has been two years since the last HGS reward) 500,000 HGS points is about $1650 in Freeplay. I am also receiving $150 FP and $100 FBC for each 3 day stay through mLife, and $375/$100 FP/FBC from Venetian/Palazzo.

I will also be putting in one day's play at CET in order to use one of my $100 Diamond dinner without worry. But, then again, I'm down to hotel stays + a whopping $10.00 in Free Play, so why should I care?? So play at Caesars is still up in the air.

I have confirmed the locations for each of the Ballroom events.

Weekend #1's event will be at Bellagio in the Tower Ballroom, and weekend 2 will be at Aria (Mariposa Ballroom).

Playstudios has announced their attendance at the Bellagio ballroom event.

From my host:

"The special events team and a host will be at Bellagio Friday 3 PM-5 PM, Saturday 11 AM-5 PM and Sunday 10 AM – 2 PM.

My Playstudios host will be at the Saturday event, so I will go over to say hello and give her a red envelope, then head over to Palazzo for lunch.

Regarding where I'm staying. I first contacted my mLife host about stays at each of the ballroom sites, but would have to pay for at least a night at each location, so decided to be a "thrifty Asian" and stay at NY-NY the first weekend, and Park MGM the second. Not only were the stays comped, but I got FP and FBC for each of the stays. My host works out of NY-NY, so that made it convenient.

So, this is my plan for the 9 days that I will be here.

I got an AMAZING rate at Alamo for a rental car for 9 days. UNDER $300!! I was shocked, as that same rental is between $400 and $600 as I write this.

Where I'm staying
    Saturday, Sunday, Monday will be comped at NY-NY. $150FP and $100 FBC
    Tuesday will be a drive to Elko via Ely to scope out some properties in Spring Creek. I am back to square 1.25 for the retirement search. 1.25 meaning that I have selected the location, but am still deciding on land type and house type
    Wednesday, Thursday will be two nights at Palazzo. $375 FP +$100 FBC. Gotta keep my new host satisfied.
    Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be at Park MGM. $150FP and $100 FBC

Activities:
    Saturday/Sunday I will earn a few GGE (Grazie Gift Extravanza, Sands Hotels version of GGWU and HGS) points to buy some FGF gifts, but it looks like there are no "carry-outs" this year. So, I guess it will be gifts for home use.
    Sunday/Monday I will be playing at mLife on my $1800 FP ($1650+$150)
    Monday's play will be a combination of mLife/CET. Dinner is at a CET restaurant
    Tuesday after a farewell breakfast with BFF I will start off in the car, attempting to get to Elko via Ely Ely is at 6,500 ft. elevation and I hope that snow won't be an issue. If it is, I'll just turn around
    Wednesday/Thursday will be at Palazzo. I tried to move the dates but my V/P host told me that the Tuesday was SOLD OUT. WOW!! I have $375 FP and $100 FBC. I am not focusing on points accrual because I have already made Elite Level and am too far away from Paiza Gold to make it worthwhile. Wednesday dinner is at Barry's Prime so I guess I gotta put in some play at The D, Golden Gate, and Circa
    Friday/Saturday/Sunday will be at Park MGM (another $1650+$150)
    Monday is a travel home day

Meals so far scheduled are:
    Saturday
    Lunch at X-pot (Palazzo) with a VMBer
    Dinner at Nine Fine Irishmen with BFF (Entree BOGO from Playstudios)

Sunday
    Lunch at possibly Resorts World, as is a visit to mLife HGS ballroom event at Bellagio
    Dinner at Gallagher's (with BFF and local friend Jason)

Monday
    Lunch at Jerry's Nugget with a VMBer and BFF
    Dinner at Mr. Chow's (my one CET gaming day to use my 2020 $100 Diamond dinner. A VMBer will be joining BFF and me)

Tuesday
    Lunch in Ely
    Dinner at Chef Cheng's (Elko) to find out which Chinese waitresses are single (a joke, just kidding)

Wednesday
    Dinner at Barry's Prime (Circa) with a VMBer

Thursday
    Breakfast at Ri Ra (Mandalay Bay) with a VMBer
    Dinner at Beauty and Essex or Superfrico (Cosmopolitan) with vegan FFGF (Former FGF) Jenny

Friday
    Lunch at Lotus of Siam with Four Queens CW Sandy
    Dinner TBD (possibly Superfrico with a VMBer)

Saturday
    Lunch at Border Grill (meeting a Silver Striker who picked up my Halloween $300 strike)
    Dinner TBD

Sunday
    All meals TBD

Other potential meals include
    Lunch at Nabe with (former) FGF Elizabeth

Other items on my list are:
    Lunch/Dinner at Sakana
    Lunch/Dinner at Eataly
    Dinner at Kirin Buffet (the cheapest Chinese buffet in Las Vegas)
    Go over to Resorts World to see how the food scene has developed.
    Lunch at Evergreen (Korean supermarket) with A VMBer
    Go down to QQQQ and play for Silver Strikes. I have 18 and only 12 more $10 clads if I want the first one of 2022.
    A trip to Chicas Bonitas or Palomino (yeah, I keep putting this on the list, but too lazy/chickens**t to pull the trigger)

• Like Like x 17
    • Love Love x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip!! Looking for good conversion on that Freeplay!

• Like Like x 1
  3. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best of luck for good results on converting FP and fun times :thumbsup: Looks like good eats are in order :feedme: I will be staying at Delano Saturday through Monday; good to know there will be some myVEGAS employees at the HGS event, so maybe I will pop over there to see if things can get ironed out with the various issues I have outstanding :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regarding conversion, I have decided that my strategy will be (until I change it)

the first $500 or $600 will be on high limit ($10-$100), three reel slots, hoping to hit a medium or big one, the remaining $1100-$1200 will be "entertainment", playing Buffalo Gold or some of the machines that I have been less successful at.

• Like Like x 4
  5. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I stated, my host told me:

"The special events team and a host will be at Bellagio Friday 3 PM-5 PM, Saturday 11 AM-5 PM and Sunday 10 AM – 2 PM."

You should be able to get any issues resolved at that time. Good luck. :)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Following :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do the same thing, and it paid off last time. They'll get it back from me one way or another. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chrisbeans

Chrisbeans High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip, DaiLun! Too bad we will be missing each other by a day. Safe travels and good luck! I’ll be following along. Say hi to BFF for me!

• Like Like x 1
  9. DiamondJim21

DiamondJim21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic itinerary! Good luck with all of your gambling adventures and have a great time. Hope your knee surgery goes well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew to las Vegas about 8 weeks after my TKR. I couldn't run or walk the strip, but we made a good trip out of it. I understand if other things keep you from going to a long time, that happens for all of us, but you likely will be in shape for a limited visit fairly quickly.

I just wanted to get the hell out of the house!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck on your trip!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a great trip, @DaiLun! Happy Thanksgiving :beer:

EDC
    • Like Like x 1
  13. eliza

eliza Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip! Hope the FP conversion goes well. Looking forward to seeing you and meeting BFF!

• Like Like x 2
  14. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip. Looks like you have a great trip planned as usual. Win big and enjoy your visit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell of an itinerary. Safe travels and hope you're having a good Thanksgiving!

• Like Like x 1
  16. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a trip! Please share meal pics.

• Like Like x 2
  17. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious what are the land type options? Go for the high ground.

Good luck! Hope you have many jackpots.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. I'm looking for something within the Spring Creek HOA boundaries. 1 acre minimum and a view of the Ruby Mountains a plus.

There is open land with no utilities (completely off grid living, supply solar, drill a well, set a septic tank), tracts with some power and some water and septic, tracts with totally municipal utilities.

The "problem" with the "no utilities" land is no "high speed" internet, which is a must for my household, so closer to citiy limits is where I'm looking. Also, the roads aren't paved, so I would need to change my vehicle.

These are important decisions, because this is the LAST time I will ever move.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  19. Farner

Farner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love your planning. The preparation of a trip like this extends the joy of it all.

• Like Like x 1
  20. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.