1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How much do you value Southwest Airlines A-List?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jpw711, Oct 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are we talking about A-list or A-list Preferred? I get confused between the two of them. I know that for Preferred you need twice the amount of points/flights than just A-list. We are also on the verge of getting A-list. I think the next trip will give it to us.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  2. thebeachbum

thebeachbum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought everyone was an A-Lister this year or has that promo ended?

Need a good trip this time
  3. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regular A-list.

No reason to go home yet.
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Found the answer many places via google.

And this on the SWA website:
    Once a Member qualifies for A-List or A-List Preferred status, Southwest will automatically reserve a boarding position for such Member and all Passengers included on a reservation with such Member 36 hours prior to each of the Member's confirmed Southwest flights (“priority boarding”), unless one or more of the following applies:

• The reservation is booked less than 36 hours prior to scheduled departure.
    • The Member’s Rapid Rewards account number is not saved to reservation at least 36 hours prior to check-in.
    • The reservation is a Group Travel itinerary with an A-List or A-List Preferred Member. Only A-List and A-List Preferred Members will receive priority boarding.
    • Any change is made to an existing reservation within 36 hours of a scheduled flight.
    • One or more Passengers travels standby on a different flight than what was originally confirmed.
    • The flight is taken after a Member’s A-List or A-List Preferred status expires.
    • Irregular operations, which may affect A-List or A-List Preferred Membership benefits.
    • A boarding pass is not presented and/or the Passenger is not present for boarding in the departure gate area at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
    While boarding positions have been reserved, all Passengers on the reservation will still need to check in within 24 hours of scheduled departure to retrieve their boarding passes.

A-List and A-List Preferred Members will have same-day standby benefits free of airline charges, but will be required to pay any additional government taxes and fees associated with changes in their itinerary. On the day of travel, please see a Customer Service Agent at the airport for this benefit and for information regarding any additional government taxes and fees. This benefit is not available at Southwest® kiosks. This benefit will be provided for A-List and A-List Preferred Members traveling prior to the original scheduled departure, between the same city pairs, on the original date of travel, where a seat is available. On flights that do not meet these qualifications, A-List and A-List Preferred Members will receive priority standby and will be required to pay the difference in fare and any additional government taxes and fees if a seat becomes available. A-List Preferred Members will be prioritized ahead of A-List Members. If an A-List or A-List Preferred Member is traveling on a multiple-Passenger reservation, same-day standby and priority standby will not be provided for non-A-List or non-A-List Preferred Members in the same reservation. For A-List and A-List Preferred Members who have also qualified for a Companion Pass®, A-List and A-List Preferred benefits are not available to the Companion unless the Companion is also an A-List or A-List Preferred Member.

5. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Echoing what others have said, the huge value to me with A-List to me is (in order):

* Automatic A Boarding without needing to checkin 24 hours before. My most recent trip I received A-16, the best I can get. I have the Southwest Visa that refunds 4 upgrades to A1-15 (usually in the $40-50 range), which I do for family on the same flight who end up getting C.
    * Standby the day of. If I can make it to the airport earlier, I'll try to hop on an earlier flight.
    * When changing flights within 24 hours, I can board after all the As, which is effectively B1.
    * A-List line. My flight was cancelled as part of the 2000+ flights cancelled last weekend, and I side-stepped 50+ people from the regular line to get my flight fixed first. I rarely ever use this line, but was glad to be able to when needed.
    * On the same recent flight, I was with four others, and I was able to get their flights changed as well, even though they weren't A-List.

--max

6. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That promo ended at the end of June.

Happy birthday to me!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.