1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jon Gruden out as Vegas coach

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by rooster42000, Oct 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fkn ridiculous

• Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really. If you read the details reported today, the only ridiculous result would be if he kept his job.

I Need Spa
    • Agree Agree x 18
  4. rooster42000

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta watch your mouth. :headbang:

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. Mods, forgive me if I'm straying off-topic here, but while I might have had a different reaction to back when it was just one email in 2011, he apparently was at it from at least 2011 to 2018, and it wasn't just limited to racism. He had, shall we say, quite a broad scope

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True. It also helps just to be a better person. The first report on Friday was bad enough, but at least there were people who came to his defense on the race aspect. But the information that came to light today, what an ass.

I Need Spa
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't follow whatever happened to the legal claims (or maybe it was just threatened legal claims) of the WFT cheerleaders, but it sounds like at least one of them certainly has a claim now!!! And we're not even talking about the truly hurtful and hateful stuff he said in those emails

I Need Spa
  8. HHFan

HHFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s amazing that this is all because of the investigation into the WFT, which has been kept under pretty tight wraps. You have to assume there is a lot more of this type of stuff from a lot of other folks that turned up and just hasn’t made it out yet.

For the Raiders, this feels like a pretty big win. Gruden has been a big, expensive disappointment with a lot of years remaining. They get out of that awful deal without Davis having to spend any money, so that’s a big plus.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But I'm confused.
    None of the other owners knew of these emails between Gruden and Allen during Allen's investigation?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And yet more bad news.
    Just in time for spooky season, Syfy and the USA Network, are giving horror fans a dark comedy slasher whose villain we are all (more or less) familiar with, Chucky.
    No lie.
    Scheduled for tomorrow at 10 PM USA Network and SI FI

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He must have really said some bad shit to resign that quick. He knew he was guilty and did not even put up a fight.

12. rooster42000

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Davis probably told him , my friend you got to go. Case closed , to much garbage you spoke. :headbang:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was probably confidential and an internal investigation; the NFL isn't in the habit of broadcasting this stuff. Presumably the only reason they had the documents in the first place was because Gruden was sending them to Allen's work email; it also doesn't sound as if any owners, or anyone from other teams in general, were involved.

14. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure he did.
    But the bigger question is what I posted.
    To miss this is all on the owner with the sugar bowl haircut.
    Oh I was not aware of this. I am shocked. This is not right.
    Good PR stuff for the media.

15. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. PaiGow

PaiGow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't be shocked if it was Davis who leaked those emails himself. Gruden made an enemy somewhere.

17. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Off topic, I can even tell you that Mr. Kraft has his moments too in a different way.
    Once that Mr. Kraft feels you are of no use to him, you will not get a call back ever again.
    How do I know this?
    There is a podcast of two former Boston sports TV reporters back in the days when the 6 and 11 news use to be a must see for sports
    One was Mike Lynch
    Another Bob Lobel.

With Mike, his station did a weekly Patriots all access show.
    More of an informercial type show.
    The program features exclusive, behind-the-scenes access and in-depth weekly stories on Patriots players and personnel. The show features weekly sit-downs with Head Coach Bill Belichick including the popular “Belestrator” segment where the coach breaks down upcoming opponents.
    One evening at midnight, year 2009 ,a fax arrives at Mike's station.
    It detailed that effective immediately his station could no longer broadcast that weekly show.
    Mike and the big wigs make attempts to reach Mr. Kraft about the change.
    Just to say how sorry they were of the change, to find out if it was something the network did and they would be happy to broadcast the show if the opportunity came up.
    You would think Mr. Kraft. who singed off on the letter would call back.
    Nope.
    Channel found out through other resources it was due to that a sports bar called the CBS scene was to be built near the stadium/shopping mall Patriot Place.
    And that since CBS was broadcasting AFC games, that would not look good if one channel had the informercial show and the other had the games.

The other sportscaster was Bob Lobel.
    Bob's network showed the Patriots games and the informercial show when that arrived at his network.
    His network decided not only to show the the aforementioned show and games, but the channel centered on something else.
    Mr. Kraft's wife, was involved in a lot of charity work.
    So the station decided to have interviews with Mr. Kraft's wife, and discuss the charities that she was involved working with.
    Marriage number one for Bob he invites the Krafts to his wedding, they show up for the event.
    Mrs. Kraft passes in 2011.
    Bob, no longer working for the station due to his age and amount of his contract (Station laid off many in 2008) sends a condolence package to Mr.Kraft.
    Time passes, and Bob finds it odd that no note arrives in the mail or a phone call thanking him for the package.
    Bob calls Mr. Kraft, leaves a message.
    Never a call back.
    So the next time if and when you see a story about Mr. Kraft and it is a positive one, remember this one.
    I only bring this up due to his FL matter and thanks to having deep pockets was cleared of charges.

Different rules for different levels of society!

• Like Like x 1
  18. rooster42000

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reviewed 650,000 e-mails from an unrelated investigation and then just leaked portions of Gruden's to the press? That's no way to run a witch hunt...I mean a secret internal investigation. What else did they find? I guess I'll have to read the NY Times to find out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, he seems to have to hit the bingo card of touchy issues. Kind of sad that Tirico, Brown and Dungy all came to his assistance, not knowing what was waiting to be revealed. Gruden should have resigned immediately when the Smith email surfaced and saved his friends a lot of discomfort. You never get away with that kind of stuff. Anything you do on the internet lives forever.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.