1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by VegasGreg, Sep 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGreg

VegasGreg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you play video poker primarily in Vegas I am curios to know:

1) Where do you stay?
    2) What are your offers?
    3) What is your level of play?

I am looking to play more and more VP in Vegas and I'm hoping it will help my comp levels. We usually stay at Cosmo with 3 midweek nights and a free night a year (Sterling Level)

Thanks Y'all

2. TAPPER

TAPPER Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generality - 10 K per day at any downtown property should get you a comped room. Some a little less, some a little more.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5k+ c/i (500+ TCs) daily should pretty much open up the comp calendar at most Caesars properties (excluding maybe Caesars Palace, NOBU, & Cromwell). More than that and you'll likely be getting offers for F&B & FSP as well. It takes VERY little play to get mid-week calendar comps.

• Like Like x 2
  4. SumtingWongYu

SumtingWongYu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo is garbage for VP players. I literally put over a million through the full-pay machine one trip, and did not get my room charges comped.

If you're Sterling I believe that's comparable to base Diamond at CET, which will get you far better offers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that Cosmo is garbage for VP players. I pay like 75% VP. I can’t speak for downtown joints, but we are mostly CET (but moving some money due to CET being bitches…larger issue). If you put in $10k per day, as is my goal, you get 1000 tier credits, and I’ve got full room comps at any Vegas CET property 99% of the time.

But CET odds may also be not to your liking. You have to hunt a little, or pay attention to the board, to find the best odds.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't play ANYWHERE near this...100-200 TCs/day gets me free room at most properties midweek & some weekends; even Caesars & Cromwell pop up comped on slow weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. VegasGreg

VegasGreg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about VP comps at M-Life properties? I’m looking to switch to M-Life after CET comps are drying up for me.

8. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to be exclusively a VP player with MLife, and they always gave me 4-night comp rooms, and 200-300 freeplay and some resort credit. I usually could get open availability at everything except Aria and Bellagio. I can't remember my play level back then but probably 40k of coin in per trip.

My play level now is much higher and includes some slots so I can't use my current offers as a comparison. But my 1st trip in Vegas years ago had me grinding the same $100 through a bartop $0.50 deuces wild at NYNY for about 10 hours and it definitely generated good offers after that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play penny hundred play BP mixed with some DDB if the day is going good. We stay mostly at Planet Hollywood with most trips Sunday through Friday with all days comped. I shoot for hitting 500 TC’s daily to get the bonus. The last couple of years pre Covid I started getting Saturday comped so we switched to Saturday through Thursday. Every once in awhile I will get an offer with $75 freeplay and $100 food credit.

Mark

• Like Like x 1
  10. avemtg67

avemtg67 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diamond plus at CET pretty much 95% VP. Get rooms anywhere except Caesars just about anytime. Occasionally Caesars as well which I prefer. Play about 1000 Tier per day. Going to Cosmo in November and I’m curious as to why some say Cosmo is not good to VP players???? I tried Cosmo for the first time in June and got Sterling and 3 free nights which I am using for November trip which I thought was generous.

• Like Like x 1
  11. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo calculates comps based on the exact theo of each game you're playing. They've got some full pay machines, but 1% theo doesn't generate much in the way of comps. Now, if you're addicted to bartops like some of my friends, you can get high quality drinks and get decent comps, but you'll be playing 95/96% games.

It seems like MLife may be going to a new system based on recent threads, but I haven't really been following

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play at CET, I usually play through about $25K - $35K coin-in per day. Occasionally hit $50K. A normal year I would accumulate between 325-360K tier points.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gutshotSF

gutshotSF Royal chaser and real-life long-distance runner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play a minimum of 10k per day of coin-in, often more, sometimes as much as 20k. I stay exclusively downtown and off Strip, with Four Queens being my home base for the great odds and excellent slot club. My QQQQ mailers include 80 FP and three comped nights a month, but I have never had any issue getting more nights comped, including stays in suites, on the back end of any stay there. I have also stayed at South Point once and gave them quite a bit of play. The mailers are pretty crappy (based on what I read here it is surprising that I got any mailers at all from them) but I was able to book two comped nights in a suite for an upcoming trip at the end of October by speaking with a host. One nice thing about the SP is that, for the purposes of the players club, they treat slots and VP the same. This is great for VP players.

I am also going to give Circa a shot in November since they have 8/5 bonus poker at 50c and higher. It is a somewhat stingy slot club, but there is no comparison in the value of a room comp at Circa and one just about anywhere else downtown, especially the Four Queens (love the place but it’s the truth!)

I generally don’t play the Strip but am going to give Wynncore a shot in December when rates are cheap.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.