1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Cosmo Questions thread

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Sgt_Shultz, Aug 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt_Shultz

Sgt_Shultz If the phone doesn't ring it's me

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After rereading my post in my other thread I decided I had way to much coffee, made things way to complicated, included way to many questions and way to much extraneous info. My bad I apologize. So mods can lock if they think that's better. This time I'll keep it simple.
    On my sept trip I plan to seed/offer match at Cosmo. I will not be playing poker(too many good players arriving for WSOP) so my ADT should be in the $1100 range. If I don't lose way above theo I may do Plaza as well. I Don't believe in "burning them" so if I run bad a few days Plaza will be out this trip.
    On my nov trip I hope to use teaser/match on S,M,T before thanksgiving a historically slow week. Here are my Questions.

What do I need to bring to try to offer match?
    What is the "magic" vp coin-in to generate a 3 night offer 25k, 50k, more, less?
    Is lead time enough?
    If I do get offer, stay and hit 1100 ADT (no poker till I have a history) what can I expect going forward?

Thanks

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a little confused by some of your questions, so I will let others attempt to answer. But if it does impact your plans going forward, Cosmo doesn't have a poker room. It seems you're wanting to play poker once you have an established history of slot play at the resort (I have no idea why; just play what you want when you want). If that is your plan, you need to try somewhere other than Cosmo. Good luck

I Need Spa
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not really following the question. But I can report that once I started playing consistently... enough to change the algebra on averaging low-play stop-ins with bigger stay-and-play visits...

Getting to 5000 tier credits per day seems to be the minimum I need to generate easily scheduled full comp room offers.... and as the recent-trip average increased due to lower point visits "expiring" freeplay and f&b credit started showing on offers.

To be thorough, I had offers on lower play, but they were limited on calendar, no freeplay or food, etc..

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Sgt_Shultz

Sgt_Shultz If the phone doesn't ring it's me

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I as a rule never play poker where I stay(too many trips to the room to re-buy into a game I shouldn't be in). I mentioned it because if I find a beatable game with players who will be around awhile my theo drops and I won't do that until I have enough history to support a low play trip

Thanks for the link I forgot his name

Asking about teaser offers. Don't really care about free play or f&b upfront as long as I have a place to lay my head I just charge to the room and I earn what I earn. It's all the same on the backend

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First try to get an offer match upfront, even if it is only for one or two nights. Cosmo historically likes it better if you stay there rather than do a walk-through.

I don't play much vp, but vp players say Cosmo uses actual theo for video poker as opposed to some rounded off number. But since I don't know what game/paytable you play, I'm gonna round it off to 2% anyway.

So if you say you're gonna generate $1,100 theo a day, that's $55,000 coin-in.

Now theo should be theo, and so for $1,100/day, I think you should be able to get a Terrace Suite ("Terrace Suite" is a specific room type one level below a Wraparound) or a Wraparound. How many nights they offer you can be a function of how long you stay. Stay one night and you may only get a 3 night offer. Stay 3 nights and maintain that play level and you'll probably get a 5 night offer.

I would guess there would be some dining credit and freeplay thrown in as well. Not as sure about the FP, but you are gonna be playing machines, so I don't know why they wouldn't.

For comparison, I figure I normally generate about $400 - $500/day theo max on slots and I get what I consider generous offers - up to a One Bedroom (one notch lower than a "Terrace Suite") any time, plus dining credit and freeplay.

So if you don't need a big room, I think you probably have plenty of space to play less than $1,100 theo/$55,000 coin-in, assuming Cosmo doesn't treat theo from vp differently than slots.

Lead time should be OK. Cosmo generates offers quickly after a stay. Depending on what day of the week you check out, you should have an offer within a week. Check for your offers online, sometimes I get an email and sometimes I don't, but the website often updates first.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Mr. Scripps

Mr. Scripps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caught my eye with the comment. Was planning to push some play at the Cosmo to build future offers. Guess I have a couple questions:

Is it better to just book a room or will 10-15k coin in generate movement

Did you see ability to link up with host during stay

How long does it typically take for offers to come

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if this is a response to my comment, but:

What I have seen is a few accounts here from people who did walk-ins in the high-4 figures/low 5-figures and they got what I'd consider "short" offers, 2 or 3 nights.

Whereas when you're staying there, half of that play will get you 4-5 night offers.

It seems like Cosmo's approach is that they are more conservative with teaser offers, they make you prove yourself over a longer period.

My experience is that they are fair with back-end comps.

So an offer match is always preferable, otherwise your choices are:

• Do the walk-in and see what happens with offers
    • Or, book a paid stay on a couple of inexpensive nights (they are almost always running publicly available 20% - 30% discount offers) and go for back-end. And my opinion is that it will generate better offers.
    The advantage to the 2nd option is that if you average in the mid-high 4 figures, you probably will be able to get your room comped back-end and so your "investment" is less than if you do a big walk-through with no charges to apply the resulting comp value against. From what I've seen, if I was trying to get established with them now, I'd do the 2nd option.

There is usually a host on duty in the high limit slots room. I think having a host approach you on the floor during a walk-in would be low-probability. The host on duty can give you back-end comps; whether you would be considered "host-worthy" in general is a different question, which would probably be answered by whether or not they give you their card at the same time.

As far as timing of offers, it's been a long time since I did my own walk-through, it was several years ago and I don't remember how long it took but my records show I did about a $1,000 coin-in walk through in July 2014 and my first comp stay was on a 2 night offer in 2015. But much more recent accounts say a $1,000 walk-through won't nearly cut it these days.

When you stay there, you'll usually get an offer within about a week.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. petevegas

petevegas Stick with me baby, I'm the fella you came in with

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my first stay at Cosmo I did option 2...about 4 years ago or so. I booked a fountain view room on a slow midweek and was upgraded to a wraparound at checkin for a nominal amount . checked with the host as i was checking out and was comped the wraparound suite and food and beverage. I put a ton of coin in on VP, and made platinum on that first stay. Still platinum ....haven't seen the wraparound suite since though LOL. but it was a great move. the upfront offers for VP players aren't as great as what i hear slot players get, ....My play is less now than when i started at Cosmo but i have maintained platinum, and my host has been good.

If your play warrants it, you will be taken care of on the back end

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.