1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's incidental deposit

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by dbrown, Aug 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbrown

dbrown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For anyone that has stayed at Bally's recently on a comp, what were you charged for the incidental deposit? I've been reading reports with some saying the deposit if $200 for the stay and others saying it's $50 per night. I have an 8 night stay coming up.

2. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure on Bally’s specifically but I’ve always had the incidentals hold on every comp ive ever stayed on at any strip property.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. AlPal

AlPal Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $50 per night as of a couple weeks ago. Comes off within a couple days of leaving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Navynurse1978

Navynurse1978 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will say that it used to be a “flat” rate, and on my recent stay at Caesars palace I had a comp’d 8 night stay in a two-bedroom suite and it was $100/night. They said it changed this year.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. dbrown

dbrown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I expect to pay an incidental deposit. I just wanted to know if it was going to be $200 or $400. Looks like it will be $400

• Like Like x 1
  6. dbrown

dbrown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the fast response everyone. I actually have two reservations back to back. A five night one then a 3 night. Hopefully I can get them to charge everything at once when I first check in and not make me come back down after the 5th night and re-check back in

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like all the hotels do it - even on comps. Usually a couple hundred, but I don't care if it is a thousand. It never hits my credit card anyways.

8. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, seems the amount depends on the *s of the hotel. Wynn/Cosmo/Bellagio/Aria class hotels all charge $150 a night deposit. Sky Suites at Aria is actually $350 per night. I would imagine Skylofts, etc is even higher. Interestingly enough, when I’ve stayed at Wynn/Encore Tower suites in the past it was the same $150 as the rest of the hotel though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dbrown

dbrown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this must be a mlife thing. I'm a regular in Atlantic City. I"m used to paying $100 deposit for your stay no matter how many nights. The one exception is at Borgata (only mlife property in AC) where it is $150 per night

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I think the lower tier M-life hotels like Luxor and Excalibur have a lower per night deposit, but I’m not positive on that as I haven’t stayed at one.

11. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m here now (about to leave, boo!) and when I checked in on Friday, they said $50 per day.

12. PaiGow

PaiGow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a Diamond Plus card and every time I've checked into Bally's (About ten times over the past three years) I've told them I don't want to charge anything to the room and I'm never asked to put down a credit card. I don't bring a card to Vegas as I bring straight cash so when I travel alone I usually stay at Bally's and Four Queens because 4Q only wanted $100 and you didn't need a card but that's changed as I had to have it out with them last time I was there and they let me slide that one time after a twenty minute fight.

13. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure Bally's told me its $50 per night, but they usually only charge $200 if you go over 4 days. So I really think it's both.

14. INABIAL

INABIAL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never understood all the todo about this hold. Unless you have a very low credit limit or you intend to trash your room it has no bearing on your stay. It's not a "charge", it's a hold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @INABIAL It is usually a credit limit thing, and that's fine-- people with tight budgets like Vegas too. It always frustrates me to see these incidental threads devolve into judgmental comments about personal finances. I hope this one manages to avoid that.

EDC
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. buckeyebadger

buckeyebadger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said. DH and I are fortunate enough to not have to factor in this kind of stuff but dang just answer the question or move along. The OP wasn’t asking for financial advice, just a question about deposits. I have family members who literally could’ve been the OP and the snobbery exhibited whenever these questions pop up is ridiculous.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes judgemental.

Sometimes the person does not understand holds and debit cards and credit cards.

18. Tank45

Tank45 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stayed last week, 3 nights. $150 hold.

19. dbrown

dbrown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well, I asked the question and I absolutely understand holds and debit/credit cards. So for me, it comes across as judgmental. I just wanted to know what to expect since I'm used to $100 holds no matter how long your stay is (I'm an Atlantic City regular).

• Like Like x 1
  20. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can usually check on the property's website and it may be posted under the FAQ's. It varies by property tier, MLife, Caesar's and the others. I know Cosmo is $150/ni and Excalibur, Luxor and NYNY are $50/ni I think.

Pretty sure any hotel I've stayed, in the country in general, puts an incidental hold. Vegas it gets a little wonky with the property tiers - the nicer the place, higher the hold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.