1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Guns N F*cking Roses

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Mr. Brownestone, Aug 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Brownestone

Mr. Brownestone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone else going? This is easily my favorite band, having grown up in the 80's (actually, nobody grew up in the 80's, we just kinda survived them).

I can't believe I talked myself out of going and then rebooked at nearly the last minute. I just can't miss this show.

Anyone else? I'll buy you a beer if you are there.

• Like Like x 6
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When and where are they playing?

3. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friday night. New Raiders stadium.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was just there….one of the bands appearing on Fremont street had a band member affiliated with them.
    August 21. Or one of the band no longer with the band. Weird timing if the member was a former member….:thumbsup:

5. puttputtfc

puttputtfc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For some reason, I read your screen name and thought you were a Swing Out Sister fan. Guess not.

6. Figment76

Figment76 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Row 14. Section a2. This will be my 3rd time seeing them in Vegas. T mobile and Caesars

7. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was the band of Drummer Steven Adler he was kicked out of the band in 1990

8. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was it. Thanks.

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Debating whether or not to grab tickets. I love a good arena rock concert, but honestly not a huge fan of them specifically.

10. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at the Saturday show when they played Caesars in 2019. I honestly consider it a bucket list moment and I'm not even exaggerating in all honesty.

I really hope the timing is such that he sits in for a song or two Friday night. I know he's done it at other shows even though him and the rest of the band will likely never really reconcile.

Even if you aren't the biggest fan of the band, if you are on the fence, the tickets are cheap enough I would say you should go. If for no other reason than bands like this were part of who we were growing up and part of the best era of music ever created (and I can offer at least a little proof of that) and they won't be around much longer. I am not the biggest Rolling Stones fan you will find, but I'll go to the show here in Pittsburgh when they come just because it may be the last chance to see them. Fact is, we are all getting older and some of us are much closer to the end than the beginning. I won't pass up an opportunity to see bands like this simply because I may not get another chance.

As for my "proof" of that being the best era of music I would offer this, bands like The Stones, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc... all released albums in the 60's and 70's. In some cases 60 years later we still go see them play, if they were still able to play 60 years from now people would still go see them. In 20 years from now nobody will give a shit who Ed Sheeran is, nobody will care to see Miley Cyrus. You get my point? The music from that era will carry on as long past the expiration date of the band members. Even GnR is coming up on 35 years past the release of "Appetite For Destruction" and had the highest grossing tour of 2019 before the pandemic shut everything down.

I can't imagine how much the tickets would have to be for me to not see Led Zeppelin if they ever toured again (I know they won't, just an example).

I won't get to see Hendrix, Joplin, John Lennon, Jim Morrison, etc... and for that I will always be disappointed so I won't pass up a chance to see the bands I can see that are icons of the industry even if they aren't among my favorites.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Johnny Bollocks

Johnny Bollocks Never mind the Bollocks...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I said the exact same thing once and bought tickets to see the Stones at Shea Stadium for their farewell tour. Braved a 101 fever and stood in the rain for 3 hours with a pint of blackberry brandy to get me through.

That was in 1989. :haha:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, we see that a lot with these "Farewell" tours, but the fact is, Father Time is still undefeated and none of us get to be here forever.

13. wubears71

wubears71 Triple LUX

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep - 4 tickets in the Mirage Suite!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Johnny Bollocks

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very true. I just find it funny to think back now.... that was their "farewell tour", steeped in nostalgia.... meanwhile, at this point, that was closer to their formation than it is to this upcoming show. :haha:

15. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just can’t do it. You can’t even see the band. If there are over 300 seats, it’s not for me. ( parental music taste rubbed off on me early …. Al Hirt, Pete Fountain and Herb Alpert)
    One band in the 70 early 80’s did ruin my hearing. 3 Who concerts.

have fun but I’ll take the small venues.

• Love Love x 1
  16. rourou

rourou subterranean roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very true. And Charlie Watts has just passed away. :(

got to pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues...
  17. Johnny Bollocks

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I blame Mr. Brownestone.

18. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s hell when the oldies stations pick and choose from the farewell tours…:eek:

19. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It wasn't my fault.

However, I wouldn't piss me off, just in case........

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Todd_Royce_XXL

Todd_Royce_XXL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was on the fence about going to this, unfortunately reality pushed me off to the other side. I had to fly out to Washington DC and Oklahoma City this month for shows, so I wasn't going to book a trip to Vegas too.....well, I almost did, but ultimately did not. Still regretting it. Still might try to do it....hmmmmm

I definitely share Mr. Brownestone's passion for GNR. My wife became the greatest human being on the planet when she bought me tickets to see them on their Once In a Lifetime tour here in Seattle a few years ago. We were up in the "cheap" seats, but still such an amazing experience. I was on my feet from the moment Axl hit the stage until the band left. Singing along almost word for word with every song. At one point I was arm & arm with a drunken stranger I don't know belting out the tunes as loudly as possible. It was the type of experience that I thought about over the past year and a half. Not to get too dramatic or anything, but that's one of the things I love about music. This guy and I don't know each other, our history, our political or religious beliefs, but we were connected through song and were "dancing" like only a couple of middle-aged drunk white guys can.

Seeing GNR in Vegas would be a dream come true, but I won't be able to make this one. Mr Brownestone, I genuinely hope you have a blast!

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.