1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Encore noise levels from EBC concerns

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by TNgmblr, Jun 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNgmblr

TNgmblr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just switched reservations from Bellagio Penhouse to Encore but I’m worried that if I get a strip view (south facing) I will be fighting the noise from encore beach club. How bad is it for old farts who turn into pumpkins at midnight??

Would like to have south facing room for July 4th but will forgo that if I won’t be able to sleep

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve stayed in Encore 3 times on like the lower numbered 50+ floors. I’ve heard primarily the bass each time, but not enough to disrupt sleep. Although, to be fair, you could start-up a chainsaw in my room and I doubt it would bother me. I’ve got a pretty high tolerance level for noise.

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See @MikeOPensacola's review in his current TR. He said he heard the EBC club last night and he's on a high floor. I do think lower floors you will hear it if you are facing south. I'll be at Encore as well over July 4th and I really want a South strip view so I will just deal with it but a higher floor does help. Mike still heard thumping. I find it is pretty faint for me so as to not be disruptive if I'm up high enough.

My problem is that my mother doesn't like high floors but I think I've convinced her we should be on a higher floor, which is where we usually stay.

You'll see fireworks as well facing north but this year in particular, with strip resorts from south to north setting them off at the same time at 11 pm, the south strip view should be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bass is something you're always going to hear/feel. Honestly, if you're looking for total silence, Vegas is not the right move. Agreed very much with @Flowers , it should be a cool fireworks show this year! think it's pretty much every major resort from north to south. Just hope you have a good time!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Encore rooms do have Alexas. I just tell her to play thunderstorm sounds, drowns out any other noise and it puts me right to sleep.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. Great idea. I like the sound of water when I use sound machines, which isn't often but it is so relaxing.

7. WiBadgerbacker

WiBadgerbacker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m a guy in my late 50s. If I played the sound of water at night I would wear out the carpeting between my bedroom and the bathroom.

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL. Try that tropical sound with birds, etc.!

9. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is EBC open on weekends only or every night ?
    Tolerating the thumping bass for a couple nights would be easier than 5 or 6 nights.

10. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think all weeks but I think many weeks it is Thursday to Sunday. They fortunately publish the calendar, including with performers/DJ (Shaq is now one!) a couple of months out. Last time I checked it was Thursday to Sunday for NIGHT swim, which matters with the music at night. They are also DAY parties but I think that's mostly just weekends. Less relevant though with folks not being in their rooms.

11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a Google whatever-it-is, and i use it for SiriusXM all the time. I always say "please" and "thank you", though, because I do want to ensure I'm good terms with them when Skynet comes online! :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many rooms now have semi-smart TV, with YouTube access. Or use phone/tablet app

There are many YouTube channels with relaxation and sleep music. While most include visuals, for those who don't want the visual, or light, distraction - I recommend a channel called My Peace Of Sleep. Total black screen accompanied by the sounds varying from gentle rain to thunderstorms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

14. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More cowbell!!!:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynn has Alexa devices in the rooms, but it'll only stream iHeartRadio stations. You can do YouTube but you have to connect it directly to your phone. I'm not overly-paranoid, but I do not want my phone connected to Amazon and Wynn.

• Like Like x 1
  16. slurpees

slurpees Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed on the 62nd (second-highest) floor at Encore looking south. The bass from EBC is audible up there. If you're anything but a very heavy sleeper, it'll be a disturbance until 4am. Not to mention it runs during the day as well from ~12-6. It's a fairly big problem for them that's well-known. It's worse than any other luxury strip property. That level of noise does not exist anywhere at Aria, Bellagio, Venetian, or Palazzo. Wynn rooms are hit or miss, most strip-facing are fine. Golf course side has XS and some EBC noise.

I just got done with a stay at Wynn in a corner room and the EBC noise was very audible there.

With Zouk and Ayu now across the street at RW, the north-facing side of Encore is also now prone to nightclub noise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TNgmblr

TNgmblr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at encore for the 4th. Was able to hear every bit of the Miley Cyrus concert at Resorts World inside my north facing 33rd floor encore room. And got to see the not ready for prime time video of same on their huge screen. Not a prude but I doubt the simulated sex acts were appropriate for any kids who went to strip for fireworks.

18. Brandt

Brandt VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the EBC run all year ? Looking at a stay in November and wondering about noise.

19. duceiswild

duceiswild Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe EBC winds down in October, so you should be fine for November unless the put a dome/tent up like Marquee at Cosmo has done in past years.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.