1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A winning gambling trip, two Royals, one Hand Pay

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by daveg000, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I wasn't planning on posting a trip report, but since I had my first winning gambling trip ever, (been going
    there since the 1970s) I decided to post.

We stayed 15 nights in Vegas, 3 at the Aria, 2 at the 4 Queens (Mother's day at Hugo's), 7 at our time share on West Tropicana, and 3 at the Mirage. May 5 -20th, I do most of my gambling at the MGM properties we stay at, although I like the pay tables at the 4 Queens and usually stop at the Orleans.

Losing isn't as bad as it sounds, For the 6 days we spent at MGM, each of the last three years, I suffered an average loss of $760 per year, with 6 comp room nights, an average of $200 in FP, 100 in resort credit, and between my wife and I, $400 in Myvegas Rewards, it was a cheap Vacation. one of us always have enough points for the SW flight from our credit cards and filling out surveys.

This year, the MyVegas was almost useless, so I knew we were going to pay more for food. The Rental Car was $150 more than usual. No Big shows, so that was a savings

My first win was receiving $250 in free play instead of the $100 my offer was for. then it was up and down the next couple days.

I was bored with the VP machines in front of the Mlife desk so I went to the Park and dropped $400. Then I found the bank of machines in front of the high limit slots room, and it felt better.

FRIDAY was my hard Gaming day, my wife had an appointment for a facial and a massage at the Spa. I hit 4 Aces with the kicker (I play Double Double Bonus Super Times Pay and Deuces Wild Super Times Pay) right away, but didn't bother taking the picture. I wasn't doing a report so why bother? Then I hit another I thought my wife wont't believe it, so I snapped a picture and continued to do so.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ROYAL FLUSH:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a good Day! For ME, My wife wasn't happy with her massage. She complained it was a young whippersnapper that was probably giving his first massage, and wondered why he got stuck with the old lady. Almost killed her on her upper back and neck area. I gave it a feel and noted to her that the knotted muscles that she had been taking muscle relaxers and physical therapy for, were all loose. SHE WASN'T HAVING IT $500+ unappreciated. Luckily I had spent $30 on a Group-on for an hour massage at Paradise Massage, for later on in the trip - more about that later.

Dinner at Carbone, left me still on my search for decent Italian food like they were when I was young, living in a half German, half Italian town, where even at 2 am, if you looked back in the kitchen, you would see little old Italian women cooking.

Tomorrow was Check out day and on to the 4 Queens, but I always am up early to hit a couple hours of play, Little did I know my good luck would continue in the morning!

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    • Like Like x 18
    • Love Love x 5
  2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    9:5. Not bad. Good luck the rest of the way.

3. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good start! And Pete and I enjoyed chatting with both of you at The Orleans, hope you had some luck there.

Annual me and Pete
  4. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't think the hotel spas allowed cross-gender massages. At least they didn't when my GF was a masseuse in LV. Times must have changed.

Congrats on the royal !

5. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It started at 7AM and was all done by 8:15am, what a ride.

[​IMG]

2ND ROYAL FLUSH:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HAND PAY;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

WIN /LOSS at ARIA:
    [​IMG]

On the way to 4 Queens, I dropped $2500 off at the bank. I had exceeded my comfort zone for the amount of cash I was carrying.

The two days spent at 4 Queens were nice, I had a $50 credit for Chicago Pizza, and a $25 certificate for Magnolias, and Mother's day dinner at Hugo's was Great. Went down to Circa and Dropped $500.

Stayed pretty even, just a hair positive at 4Q. Loved the 4Q 9/6 DDB bar tops, not so much the pay tables at Circa.

Then on to the week at the Timeshare, mostly boring, laying at the pool, eating at local Restaurants, rummaging.......

On Tuesday, My wife went for her Group on Massage at Paradise Massage on Paradise Road, just north of Sahara. I had paid $31 for it and didn't know what to expect. I went across the street to the Bourbon Street Sports Bar #146 to wait. The bartender pointed out another guy waiting for his wife and sister in law. While talking to him I threw a hundred into the bar top and thought I set it up right. I was playing deuces wild and I hit the button only to realize I was playing 35 coins for $1. Luckily, I hit 4 of a kind on the deal and ended up $120 ahead. I fixed it to Quarters and 5 coins and ended up $75 ahead for my hour of play.

Meanwhile, my new friend's wife and sister in law came in and predicted that my wife was going to be very happy, they had investigated and read the comments before they bought and agreed it was wonderful.

When I picked up my Wife, she agreed, BEST MASSAGE EVER, BETTER THAN BELLAGIO, BETTER THAN ARIA, BEST EVER!!!! I IMMEDIATELY BOUGHT ANOTHER AND SET HER APPOINTMENT FOR SUNDAY - SAME RESULTS. Going forward, this is going to save a lot of money.

On Thursday, we went to the Orleans, ran into @Johnzimbo and Pete going down the aisle. I saw the white cane first, I had been following their adventure, and was tongue tied, saying "uh, uh, uh" until I blurted out "VegasMessageBoard", at which John quit looking at me like I was a Complete Idiot. We talked for 5 minutes. then unblocked the aisle.

It was downhill gaming at the Mirage the last full day of our trip, I had peaked again, but ended up dropping down to about $2000 ahead.

Was I ahead in Gambling? YES first time ever.Did I cover the $800 for the car? the $800 for the dog sitter? The $500 aria Spa Day? The 122.40 for the early bird and taxes at Southwest? the $84 for two nights at 4Q? the $153 resort fee at Aria? All those dinners and drinks? NO - BUT I COVERED A BIG CHUNK OF IT. !

• Like Like x 17
    • Love Love x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  6. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They always have given my wife a choice of Gender, she has no preference.

7. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't gamble much there when we aren;t staying there. It was nice meeting you and Pete also, wish we had more time.

• Love Love x 1
  8. pass line man

pass line man VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report!!

9. Vegasworm

Vegasworm Finger Clicker Extraordinaire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing @daveg000! Always fun to hear about winning trips.

We've got reservations to try Carbone for the first time. Do you think it's worth trying once or should we keep looking?

Thanks!
    Vegasworm

10. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great VP run; congratulations!

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great winnings - sorry one was a W2g - damned taxes.

12. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, we are retired and our effective tax rate has been running at 7%, so it won't be too bad. But taxes are the reason I don't up my bet ever. Wish they would raise the limit to $5k.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everybody has different tastes, please don't trust ours, especially if all the other restaurants are closed on that night still. Be aware of the family style servings, huge.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. clr

clr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved your report, thank you for sharing your dream vacation!

16. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife always requests a male masseuse. She likes a deep tissue massage and is disappointed with females. An exception are females from Eastern Europe who she says are better trained to have strong massages

17. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife had a Thai massage at the Bellagio from a female once, my wife said she aggressively bent her like a pretzel, but she wouldn't say "uncle". She actually felt physically great after it and tried to ask for her again the next time we were at the Bellagio, but she had moved on. Conversely her new "Best Massage Ever" at the Paradise, was a pampering, solid massage. My wife couldn't believe how firm the girl's touch was with he "tiny hands". Include was a body hot oil treatment. she said something about hot stones. Knowing my wife, the fact that it was a group-on for $31 helped her enjoyment, but going back and getting the same good results will probably end up in even more visits when we return to Vegas

18. VegasBhoy67

VegasBhoy67 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    congrats on the great hits and thanks for the report

19. seaoftranquilitycruiser

seaoftranquilitycruiser Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you mind sharing whether or not paradise massage has showers available after massage? I was intrigued by the cheap Groupon but passed on it because I didn’t relish the thought of walking the strip all oiled up,

20. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nicely done! Laughing at your dog sitter cost.....luckily DH and I travel separately so usually one is here to dogsit.
    Great report!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.