1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Starry and Spectacular (I Hope!) Spring Celebration

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Flowers, Apr 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You really make the most of any comps available! My heroine. :nworthy::nworthy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. SATLAS

SATLAS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report as always. Looking forward to the next one. I'll be there in a couple of days without a mask as I am fully vaccinated.

• Love Love x 1
  3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. Wishing you safe travels and a great trip!

4. Smack

Smack Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, had to use it or lose it for Delta flight, was a FC ticket so paid a little more for One. Hope to try jetblue Mint to SXM sometime but those prices have sky rocketed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lorraine

Lorraine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just went I thought you couldn't top your last trip, you went and did it! Love the way you ending it on top of the mountain, amazing views!! Your report has pumped me up for my trip in a couple weeks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the MINT prices are crazy. I booked flights for the rest of the year in February/March before things went psycho but I think as they start adding planes back the fares will come down. Also, MINT flights tend to drop closer to departure date IF the MINT cabin isn't heavily booked.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Smack, I'm replying to my own post to close the loop on one issue that is pertinent to what I noted.

I just booked a short trip for my birthday, flying MINT to Vegas (I'll be turning 57 while in the air!! :)) and Delta One from Vegas a few days later. The configuration for my Delta One flight back to NYC is DRAMATICALLY different (and better) than the "Delta One" flights I took in April and a few days ago. The planes I were on really seemed like a touch better than the regular Delta First Class, which IMO isn't much better than the Even More Seats on Jet Blue.

The Delta One flight I just booked for August, however, is on a Boeing 767-300, with a seventh row in the middle and single seats along the windows. THAT looks awesome. It's just crazy that the kind of "Delta One" planes that Delta flies domestically, even on the same routes, vary so dramatically.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention this as the experience I'll have in August on a much nicer plane with dramatically more space -- there were no single seats on the recent "Delta One" flights I took but I have a single seat by the window on my August flight -- may make the flight closer to what is the amazing Jet Blue MINT experience, especially as Delta is supposed to be serving meals by then.

I didn't meant to be a buzz kill with my earlier comments. Was just trying to share my experience and wanted to update the note above with information I learned having booked another Delta One flight a few minutes ago.

Having worked the Delta AE Platinum promo I was able to pay for the flight using 75,000 miles, which seemed like a lot, but I had them so I'm looking forward to what is I hope a better Delta One experience during my birthday trip for just 75,000 miles and $5.60! Score!

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  8. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great report. Enjoyed it so much. I wondered how close we were in age. Quite actually. I’m 58.

My budget for a trip & my timing are on a lower level. Not knowing if I will have a job after August is leaving me exploring options and analyzing if I’d want to work elsewhere and commute home to my retired other half on weekends. Hopefully you have an easier time figuring out your job situation

• Like Like x 1
  9. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you enjoyed the report! I think landing in the right spot for me at this point won't be easy as to some extent it'll be like finding a needle in a haystack given what I want to do and the jobs aren't advertised but I have faith and a plan to get there. :) We're both at those ages where somehow the "next step", regardless of what it may be, seems more consequential. Wishing you the best of luck in your search and decision-making process.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Flowers we had full sized napkins at brunch today at La Cave! Afterwards we sat outside and had a pink sangria at Parasol Down. The sangria was delicious!

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
    • Love Love x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again for the wrap up. I turned 57 on May 10!! I decided to retire March 31 after a 36.5 year career as a dental hygienist. All 36.5 years at the same office. My patients are like my family, it was such an emotional roller coaster, plus with Covid, the added PPE and protocols so exhausting. Our youngest daughter graduating right now from University, and has a "big girl" career job started, so I felt it was a great time to start a new chapter!!! We are completely shut down at the moment. We can still golf which we all love but hopefully things will open up soon. Til then I will enjoy all the trip reports, can't wait for your next one!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Victory!!! La Cave finally got the memo on the napkins! Seriously though, with all the eating there I'm sure having a bigger napkin made the meal even more enjoyable.
    Love the sangria. I think at least a pound of the five I gained while in Vegas came from sangria. FYI, I just learned this trip . . . that you can request white/pink or red sangria on the gaming floor and they apparently make it fresh. I've even been asked if I want it on the sweeter side or not. I think among Lakeside, Parasol Down, Allegro and the gaming floor I had at least two dozen sangrias over the course of my long trip. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy belated birthday fellow 1964er :) and congratulations on your daughter's graduation and your retirement after a long and great career. I spend more than my fair share at the dentist so have a serious appreciation for what you do and now we know a lot more about the connection between oral health and heart health!

Congrats again. Hopefully a trip will be in your near future.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to the Death Valley pictures when you have a chance!

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I slept soooo much this weekend. Wow, it has been an adjustment back to the east coast after spending almost 3 weeks in a different time zone.

It'll be a project for sure this week. My own pics are incredible. I haven't even looked at the pics the photographer took. He was surprised as he sent them to me some time ago but if my pics are awesome I know I need to be emotionally prepared and not rushed to view his.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  16. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where the heck was the strawberry lemonade and tea setup in the Centurion? We were there Friday and totally missed it somehow

17. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As soon as you walk in keep going straight rather than making a hard right to go to the dining area. If you kept walking straight on a wall to the right is a coffee machine, tea area and then the lemonade. I had basically no time to enjoy anything as my flight was boarding soon but I'm glad I checked it out!

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. mr.vegas

mr.vegas Peace sells, but who's buying?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great TR Flowers.

• Love Love x 1
  19. MacAttack

MacAttack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may be getting tired of all the praise but here is one more for good measure..... THAT WAS A FANTASTIC REPORT.....loved it... I like all your reports to be fair but that one deserves the title 'epic' for sure....

Half Solo - Bellagio Trip
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! Going to download my DV pics by the weekend and some food pics from a few places to wrap it up! Glad you enjoyed.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.