1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Starry and Spectacular (I Hope!) Spring Celebration

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Flowers, Apr 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sister... I’m at the airport, positive karma coming ur way!! Will catch up on ur trip report in flight...see ya soooooooon❤️

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Matco

Matco Did someone say VEGAS?!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic report as always! Congrats on the Jackpots, looking forward to the many more to come

• Love Love x 1
  3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know I want to hit the super grand again. Lol. It is now at 94k.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Wow! Wow! x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too LOVE a great steam before and after a massage. Fingers crossed it is there soon. I am feeling for sure by the time of my massage Mother's Day weekend (next weekend) but hopefully by the 4th for you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree!! I did the Zion Bryce combo the first three days of my 50th year!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait to see you @dbueler! Safe travels!!!

7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good morning Las Vegas from what really needs to be called Mike's Place as @MikeOPensacola loves it so much though Wynn calls it Terrace Point Cafe. What an absolutely perfect morning. It is going to 97 today!!

20210429_082705.jpg 20210429_083912.jpg

• Like Like x 13
    • Love Love x 11
  8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I missed your question before @Sonya. So the two most challenging things I did were to hike to the second highest peak at Zabriskie Point from the base of the paved walkway and then later in the day before sunset at Dante's Peak. As you know at Dante you can hike up from the parking lot to the right or go to an area to the left, which is I think more popular. I hiked up to the area to a point to the right of the parking lot. I have a couple of photos on my camera phone I will post though I was to nervous to take it out most of the time. But with two expert hikers and photographers with me, who between the two of them took a few thousand pics, I should have some pretty awesome photos of my overcoming my fears and doing the hikes.

The first photo is of Ryan in front of me. Jess, who I nick named Spiderwoman given how quickly and numbly she moved, is the sitting pit on this ledge! She walked behind me. I was freaked even looking at her but slowly took my camera phone out to take a pick. The photo of the parking lot/paved road below I took as we were walking back down for perspective though we had been at a higher point. Hope that all makes sense.

20210426_184556.jpg 20210426_190042.jpg 20210426_191113.jpg 20210426_191646.jpg

ETA: I just took off the photo of Jess. I am pretty sure she wouldn't mind but I want to get her permission before posting of her.

• Like Like x 13
    • Love Love x 7
    • Wow! Wow! x 3
  9. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was still full from SW last night so called myself ordering a light vegetable fertitta. :) Very good. And I just love little containers of honey, preserves, etc. Yes, I used the strawberry one and the other two are in my bag. When I open them weeks from now in NYC to have with some toast it will bring back some great memories.

20210429_084400.jpg 20210429_084338.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 8
  10. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terrace Point is packed and it is just 9:30 am. It is great see all of the activity. And this new shop, called bluewire, is coming soon.

20210429_092429.jpg 20210429_092420.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Cageet

Cageet VIP Cow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw that! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I should stay away but I can't resist. If no luck then VP then down the strip to start a full day!
    20210429_093508.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. Cageet

Cageet VIP Cow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That looks tempting. What's the range of the coin-in per pull on that game?

14. Vegasdriven58

Vegasdriven58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flowers, thank you, thank you for doing these awesome TRs. You are so generous with your time in taking us all along.I am so looking forward to your trip with your Mom- my Mom and I were a vegas team for a long time. She passed last July very unexpectedly, but we had our final vegas trip together over Christmas before.
    It was our first Dec. trip, which I had always wanted to do, and am so glad I got to share it with her. God, I miss her.

We (hubs, and I) hope to make it there in the fall (waiting on vaccines, and some sort of permission from our gov. (BC, Canada), and then hopefully a trip shortly thereafter with one or both of my sisters (will be a kind of tribute trip to Mom).

Hoping for a few days at Wynn, and a few at Cosmo- love both, and really don't mind moving hotels mid-trip.

Can you tell me if there will ever be something to replace Country Club? That was my all time favorite brunch spot, even though Lakeside is lovely. The food at CC just had a bit more variety, and something about that restaurant just gave me that ahhh feeling.

Here's to more winning for you, and a wonderful trip later with your Mom

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 6
  15. drac999

drac999 Loving Life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the way you think! I need to start stowing away little goodies :woot:!

Happy Birthday to Me!
    • Love Love x 2
  16. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanna say, in my latest copy of Food & Wine, it specifies using Tiptree Little Scarlet (aw) Strawberry Preserves for this beast...
    16197190589552101125228529909973.jpg

16197190751187498119183338288252.jpg

• Like x 5
    • Love x 3
    • Wow! x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  17. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walking down to Harrah's to double book my Seven Stars retreat. It is an absolutely perfect day weather wise.
    20210429_112137.jpg

• Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 7
  18. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can bet pennies and for as low as 50 cents a pull up through 5 dollar coins though I not sure of rhe total max pull as it is fewer lines with dollar, two dollar and ten dollar. I like dimes and quarters and covering all of the lines. The MAJOR is bigger if you are playing dollars and above and thr mini and minors all vary based on denom. Similar deal.as with Lightnung Link, etc.etc.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I have to say the strawberry preserve was slammin. I normally do just a little but this time used the whole mini container. Never heard of the brand before but it's Wynn so I figure it would be top of the line. Even more of a reason to pack them home and now I am thinking more Terrace Point for breakfast so I can get more of these. Lol. I know I just BUY a jar but it wouldn't evoke memories like these baby jars. :love:

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So glad you made the trip with your mom. (Insert big heart here.) I had heard some time ago that there would be a restaurant to replace Countey Club but haven't heard anything in a few months. I will see if I can get the scoop! I chatted with my host last night and he was cracking up as I told him over the weekend what my friends at the spa told me about the water treatment areas opening soon. He said an employee memo went around yesterday with the same info and he was chuckling as he had heard the news from me first. Lol

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.