1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vaccines administered... headed downtown!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Mike Aclin, Apr 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well, our last trip to Vegas was back in January, 2020. Since then, we’ve been waiting patiently (somewhat) to get ourselves vaccinated. For a couple that go to Vegas about six times a year for the last 15 years, it has been a really long wait. But being in our late 60’s we decided not to travel until we got our shots. So this Sunday we are headed out for five days.

I’ve never written a trip report before, but I have waited for my time to travel by living through many of the other board members who do post them. I read a lot of them (thank you, @Ty!), and many other threads trying to keep myself somewhat ‘connected’ to Las. Vegas, and it helped, so I thought I would give back.

We are both quarter players, and we play about five hours total a day each. And we like to finish up around 5:00 or so, then figure out what we want for dinner then relax in the room till bedtime. So this report will not be very exiting unless a Royal comes around. Our play is scheduled for one day at the D followed up by three days at the 4Q. So we be playing at the VUE bar at the D and play the 9/6 JOB machines at 4Q. I certainly won’t take a picture of every 4OK at the 4Q. 125 quarters is not that exiting and I probable won’t include any photos of four aces and a kicker! I know I would be chastised!

Normally we just eat at the coffee shops where we are playing. But this trip we will eat one meal in the steakhouses in both hotels, thanks to a little extra dining money. On our marketing offer from the D, they dropped off the $100 of matchplay we used to get, but increased our dinning money from $55 to $110, so I decided to have a meal in Andiamo’s. Then at the 4Q, we are at the Emerald level, which usually gets us $200 in FP, but during Covid they apparently bumped up everybody one level. So our offer is for $300 in FP and an additional $50 in comps. Add to that after getting 1000 points you get an additional $100 in FP. A pretty sweet offer. So we will have one meal at Hugo’s.

Also meeting up with another board member, @steveks225
    steveks225
    We’ll meet up Monday afternoon at the VUE bar and have dinner that evening at Andiamo’s. Also I plan on having a bunch of new and different cocktails to change things up a little.

I know the D has a new tiered system installed and it’s been reported the the 8/5 progressives do not add to your tiered points, but they do still add up to your points for FP and comps. I will verify this.

Anyone who wants to know about table mins downtown or info about restaurants openings, let me know. I can kill some times between playing sessions to research anything downtown.

We have about a 1.5k bankroll for the four gambling days. That plus about 500 total FP should be plenty.

So we are off on Sunday Afternoon.......photos will be coming then!

• Like Like x 19
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a GREAT trip! Enjoy the food, fun and gambling.
    Post all the pictures you feel like! (I did of a $20ish win on craps) People love the aces with a kicker pics

Easter with my Peeps
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Philonous815

Philonous815 Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, how much coin in do you do per day to get those offers?

Looking forward to the TR!

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck Mike!
    We met about 12 years ago, at Atlantis (you probably don’t remember; was back in the VpFree yahoo groups days)

5. RedChip

RedChip VIP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! I'm always interested in TR's and news from Downtown.

One night at the Gambling Hall...
    ...followed by two nights downtown
  6. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best of luck and have a blast - your plans sound quite a bit like how I like to Vegas :thumbsup:

7. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck and I would be curious if you happen through Binions if their steakhouse has any plans to reopen?

8. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We total about 6 to 7k per day at each place.

I do remember! We had a blast during those times at the Atlantis, until they no-mailed us!

I will check that out to see if they have any plans.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be following your TR. Good to see downtown action.

Good Luck!

10. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FD8AD7AE-CE5D-4723-A713-9721AEFF9F66.jpeg
    Can anyone else relate to this?

in my defense, only one of those is a prescription. The others are vitamins and supplements that are suppose to help with something that aches or pains.

BFEA7DE1-67C7-4AAA-9D42-B7A0AC6644DB.png
    our four year old three pound Yorkie did not realize he had a vacation scheduled down at the Kennel.

B38B20B7-4DFB-43C8-92F8-60EE5CC73562.jpeg
    Waiting on plane at LIT. Hard to tell, but we both really are smiling!

• Like Like x 14
  11. 3OfDiamonds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The vitamin/supplement/Rx prep routine is a definite Thing for my trips, to the point where there are none of those special holders that will hold what I take on a given day, without resorting to using a lot of them :eek: Little sandwich bags end up working better :) On that note, here’s hoping for a peaceful flight and a fun first day :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your doggo is adorable! Love this

13. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    59A83892-86B4-4BB2-BD92-347F8131DC4A.jpeg
    completely full from Dallas Love Field. It’s nice to feel like a piece of cattle again....

8C98B105-93FF-49EE-BF24-C2CA6BD9245F.jpeg
    Home away from home.

AADA5CD4-D67E-411D-82D0-5409844B8562.jpeg

Our flights were good and on time. Uber was not. As has been reported elsewhere in the board, Uber drivers are staying home collecting unemployment. Had to cancel that and try Lyft. Took 20 minutes but someone finally showed up. Ride to downtown was uneventful.

Downtown was busy for a late Sunday afternoon. Checkin at the D went smoothly. We got to our room and decompressed a little. We are officially old. Traveling is just hard even when there are few problems.

got to be around 6 o’clock and we were hungry. Went next door to the 4Q and had dinner at Magnolias. We were still tired so we decided to make it an early evening. Tomorrow we start gambling.

I can say that the D still gives you $50 match play per person for showing Southwest Airlines boarding passes. Also, mentioning ‘Richard Wilk’ will get you an extra $25 match play per person. So we’ll get 6 spins on the Roulette wheel tomorrow. Also was told that some machines do not add points to your tier score (Vue bar progressives), but since your online access to you account doesn’t show your tier score, you have no way of knowing if you tier score is increasing without checking with the club desk.

more on this tomorrow.

DEE73B67-C98D-46E8-8D48-0DB54BE68458.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 3
  14. 3OfDiamonds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uh-oh... looks like I may need to book reservations even to Magnolia’s, if that’s even possible :eek:

15. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if they take reservations now. We were about 10 deep in line but only waiter about 10 min.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s been a long time since I played, but I can’t get any of the Bill receptors to work.

8B373ED2-B19E-46F5-B0F8-5C7A8A33BC43.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 20
  17. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First four of the day

FE4EFD4C-BE7F-4B6B-B3C7-06AC7FCD2DE8.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  18. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boy, I would give a lot to hit a Royal in the next five min.

E357CECC-66EB-417F-B29A-E2F0133F7AAA.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    E7EC38AD-7075-490D-9592-99C87FD576A5.jpeg And just like that, the Royal is only worth around 900 to 1000, thanks to the IRS.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My session was not going well, down about $75 when I got dealt......
    AF6BAE47-A6D6-426E-9BC8-D647C0085180.jpeg
    nice.

• Like Like x 11
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.