1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gamble Hard With A Vengeance! Gaggles Live Feb 16-20

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Gaggles, Feb 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So….I booked a trip to for Super Bowl. I has nice little direct 2.5 hour flights from Calgary. I had a fun room locked down at The Flamingo with a little Free Play and Resort Credit. While I was deciding between a party at Mandalay Bay and Treasure Island, things suddenly changed. Again. You know what rules I am talking about. A certain virus that, like Voldemort, shall NOT be named, keeps causing the rules to change. In short order it was announced by President Biden that quarantines would be required to enter the US. Further to this, you needed a 72 hour negative test result to board a plane. This caused great consternation at the Gaggles household.

Then, not to be outdone, the leader of Canada announced that anyone coming into Canada must also have a valid, negative test result AND that it also had to be a PCR test. The rapid test did not count. And anyone coming into Canada would be quarantined/confined EVEN with the negative test result for a minimum period of three days at a personal cost of $2000!!!! Once in said confinement, you would get ANOTHER test and that test needed to be clear before they let you out of specified hotels. If you were carrying *****, you would be confined for TWO weeks. The government has not even said how much that will cost. The rapid testing that was available exclusively at the Calgary airport was supposedly in jeopardy. For those not concerned with ***** in Canada (and understandably so) the Calgary airport was the only airport in Canada where you could get rapid tested and go straight home but be free to roam after the first test if you were negative. That first est usually came back in about 30-48 hours and you had a second test 5 days later before absolute full clearance.

Well at the time of that political declaration all the above was said but not set in stone. But it was enough to make myself and countless others cancel travel plans. So days before my Super Bowl trip I chose to yield and cancel my Vegas Super Bowl soiree.

Days passed. Suddenly it was revealed that quarantines to the US were not mandatory. The Feds up in Canada were still mumbling and stumbling away. Confusion reigned as neither the airlines nor the politicians were sure what the rules were. Then last week…it was announced that as of Feb 22nd the ****** hotel confinement/quarantine would commence. While the legality of that is up for interpretation and debate, that is not why we are here my friends. We are here to discuss an opportunity. An opportunity that started like this.

Friday Feb 12 12:45 pm

It was cold in the city that day. The kind of cold that made even die hard Canadians say “Why the f+ck do we live here”. It was -29 Celsuis. For my US brothers and sisters that is about -18 or so for you. Mr Gaggles was finishing lunch and discussing new ***** protocols announced by the Canadian government.

Friday Feb 12 12:50 pm

Mrs Gaggles stated “If you want to go to Vegas before they enact the mandatory 14 day hotel confinement that starts on the 22nd, go ahead”.

Friday Feb 12, 12:51 pm

Mr. Gaggles jumps Expedia and starts doing some research as Mrs. Gaggles exits the hours to go to work.

Friday Feb 12, 6:30 pm

Mr. Gaggles has committed and booked two one way flights and one PCR ***** test for Feb 13 with a departure on Feb 16 and a return of the 20th.

Truthfully, this was not a snap decision and I had to think pretty hard about this. The conditions around all of this require a PCR test within 72 hours of your departure time entering the US. It also requires a PCR test 72 hours prior to your flight back to Canada. Because we have no direct flights from Vegas, I must go through Dallas and so I must make sure my test results are within my 72 hour departure from Dallas and not my Vegas departure.

To verify all of this took multiple calls and research to more than a few airlines. It took a call to Dynalife and then to a private agency to confirm my PCR testing. It took texts to a host to get some add on comps (only $175 Free Play and $75 Resort Credit but I will take it) with a nice little free Augustus room at Casears. I booked a car rental because I am gonna do stuff other than drinking and gambling dammit!!! But most importantly, it took the blessing of Mrs. Gaggles who put this entire thing in motion.

I spoke to a friend who recently returned from Vegas and she advised me that CVS and Walgreens are doing rapid testing but not PCR. Not sure if that is still the case? On the web site it seems to say you can get a 48-72 hour turn around for about $129?? My friend advised that 24-28 guaranteed PCR tests can be done at multiple sites with prices ranging from $229-499. Being that I have a car, the $229 place in Henderson is on my short list. But is anyone aware of CVS etc?

This might be a lot for some of you. It is not too much for me. So unless my current ***** test results come back positive before my flight...shall we do this??

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    I Like to Drink and Gamble
    • Like Like x 23
    • Love Love x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 3
  2. mike honcho

mike honcho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lets go.Will be following along. Sorry you missed the Super Bowl.

3. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You shall do this!

No reason to go home yet.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. annbrown57

annbrown57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go for it Gaggles! I’m just sorry I’m leaving the morning you arrive. Some day this old lady will cross your path & hopefully Mrs Gaggles - you make such a lovely couple.

Good luck, stay safe & healthy:beer:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume that between 12:50 and 12:51 pm, your legs were just twirling Scooby-Doo style until you gained enough traction to run to the computer

• Funny Funny x 11
  6. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Following! I have to wait another 13 days, but I’m right behind you.

July 19th - July 24th
    • Like Like x 4
  7. MARK

MARK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mother in law left our place in Vegas back to Canada last week. I can confirm the test was $120 results came back in 12 hours via email they say 24 max. Father in law same thing two weeks prior. Place they went is called Phamatech 546 N Eastern. You are in and out in literally 3 mins. I didn't even finish a cigarette in the time he was in there.

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow that is a great price. Thanks Mark.

And that was for a PCR test, not the rapid test? That has been drilled into my head. That is a lot cheaper than driving to Henderson for $229.

9. mike honcho

mike honcho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VMB always delivers the best intel.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MARK

MARK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just double checked credit card statement. $120 total was charged. 99 percent sure it was the PCR test. Website confirms as well. Just give em a call. Enjoy your trip. I hope the courts step in and Feb 22 doesn't happen. I'm doubtful. It is a huge monkey wrench for seeing family from home in cold ass Canada.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. I will be calling them and let you know.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope everything goes smoothly for you! I'm looking to get out of America for a few months and the restrictions for several countries has changed as I await the return of my passport. Frustrating keeping on top of everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmmm.....this sounds eerily similar to Gaggles wedding night consumation!

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  14. MaryVegas

MaryVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck, er, I mean, break a leg! Following along!

15. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three minutes? I never consummated three times!

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. jdk

jdk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a heads up, unless they have an authorized lab onsite, this isn't a PCR test. My guess is that I'll read on a bit longer and find out you discovered this, but I'm lazy at this hour!

17. sdbruin619

sdbruin619 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You’re arriving on my birthday, I really hope you have a hell of a first day so I have something awesome to read.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jeanf

jeanf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So glad you're able to escape the cold here and get your vegas trip in before the $2k hotel quarantine with lousy food starts. Hoping everything goes as planned with the pcr test and time restrictions. Get a few royals while you're there!

20. Vegas Rob

Vegas Rob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck l will be following along .

Is this a solo trip or are buddies heading along aswell ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.