1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What are your travel plans for 2021?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ski Resort in PA next weekend. Vegas in Feb and June, and probably the beaches in Outer Banks, North Carolina in July.

July 19th - July 24th
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What date is your birthday in August? Mine is the 19th.

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All depends on when I get the covid vaccine.

Dai lun, just FYI, unconfirmed but Japan may not open until the fall. It is possible that the Olympics may not be open to outsiders. My friend is from Japan but living in Hawaii and that is the word in Japan. Of course things could change so check with the web sites to see what happens in Japan.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun topic Vocab boy....:D Its nice to think ahead.....
    Were backlogged on rebooked cruises.
    We've moved them to July, Sept, Oct, Dec.
    I figure July will be cancelled, but will see about the others....
    Hoping Hot Aug Nights in Reno happens this year, if the coast is clear?
    And of course, hope to fill in some Vegas trips inbetween.;)
    But Not anytime soon. :blah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No spring training in Arizona this year, I fear, but Vegas in April for Santa Anita Derby. Usually watch it live at the track and then head to Vegas, but don't think crowd's will be admitted by then.

Dinkey Creek in the Sierra for some fly fishing with a bunch of friends, late May. We've booked a cabin this year. Used to be tent camping, but we are old men now.

Then Charley and I will do a local road trip in June—Crater Lake, Mt. Hood, Mt. Shasta, etc. My Europe trip disintegrated last year, and, to tell the truth, not sure I want to do that trip again. Like I said, I'm old. And airplanes have never been my cup of tea anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Timing is all dependent on when I can get vaccinated but Austin, Houston, Miami, and Vegas (once things pick up) are on the shortlist. Maybe some quick trips to Boston or NYC.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No definite travel plans for 2021, since it will depend on the situation with Covid. I also don't plan on flying anywhere until I get both doses of the vaccine. And speaking of flying, I have to renew my TSA PreCheck in a couple of months too, since I don't want to let that expire. My passport is good to go for several more years, but I don't see myself flying internationally in the near future.

Depending on how the year progresses, I wouldn't mind planning some shorter road trips, but I doubt that I'd replan the cross-country trip that I wanted to do last spring/summer that I had to cancel. I may try to plan a longer road trip when the country gets back to normal again.

I'd like to do Vegas by the end of this year (perhaps a Christmas trip), but if there are still significant restrictions in place, I'm not sure if it'll be worth going. I don't think I would enjoy Vegas, if too many restaurants are closed and/or are at restricted capacity. The same with shows and other entertainment venues.

8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    August 7th :)

• Love Love x 1
  9. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Austin—been about 12 years now. There used to be a few restaurants on Guadalupe (they pronounce it Guadaloop), a Mexican and Indian place (the Claypit) that served the best food. The Indian place was in a building with a cellar and tunnel that led to the other side of the street. Apparently that building was a dry goods store back in the day where prominent men of the town would enter to do business but would really go through the underground tunnel to the other side, where a brothel waited. Whatever, it's some of the best Indian food I've ever eaten, outside of London. Here's a story about it, if anyone is interested:

https://emptynestingit.com/2017/11/07/the-clay-pit-is-an-authentic-indian-restaurant-with-a-past-downtown-austin-tx/

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome, fellow cusp Leo. Mine is the 20th!

GG

• Love Love x 1
  11. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    March - Palm Springs canceled. May/June - Alaska cruise and stay canceled. Aug/Sept - 2 x Europe cruises (Norway fjords and Ireland/Iceland) most likely canceled. July golf trip canceled.

More time at our cabin and hopefully Palm Springs in November if vaccines get rolled out successfully.

GG

• Like Like x 1
  12. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll wave at you from down here in the valley.

13. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    February: Steamboat Springs family ski trip
    July: Huntington Beach, CA family vacation
    July: Clearwater, FL couples trip
    September: Vegas guys trip

I’m sure we’ll add another trip or two but that’s it for now!

14. WDMJB

WDMJB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So far Vegas in March. We’ll see how that goes. This is the 8th postponement. Sigh
    Hopefully some inter island this summer.

15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :):):)

16. Blue pacific

Blue pacific Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to a great 2021....Vegas in early June, going to play a lot of golf, gamble, hopefully catch a live Show,
    mammoth mountain week after Father’s Day, Alaska cruise in July, Hawaii, Maui in august...lots of weekend trips from fall to end of winter...palm desert, San Diego, more Vegas

• Like Like x 1
  17. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Predictably, Vegas is my top priority. Assuming late July through mid August is a safe time to travel I'm planning on doing a 20ish day trip there... but have booked nothing except hotels knowing it's only an abstract possibility at best.

Assuming it would be easier and/or safer to do a domestic trip within Canada, I've definitely got my eyes on some destinations out west, which would likely include some train travel.

If some cruise deals come up on MyVegas, and it's safe to cruise again, I will not hesitate to jump on that either, as I miss cruising a whole lot.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
    • Like Like x 4
  18. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We talked about Israel with a stop somewhere in Europe on the way home (neccessary for using our FF miles), but didn't really want to commit since we don't know when we will be inoculated. Israel should be safe- first country to be fully vaccinated, apparently. Europe- who knows. Sitting 20 hours each way in a mask may be a deal breaker.

On the plus side, there seems to be ample award ticket space available on transatlantic flights right now .

• Like Like x 2
  19. Guardian

Guardian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hospital for vaccine as soon as they call. Until then making no plans.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SimonG

SimonG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. So much this. Vegas booked for Sept for golf and beer, if the situation improves before then, will sneak in a non-descript sun holiday somewhere around the Med.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.