1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are you a Beatles fan?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Mudhen, Jan 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mudhen

Mudhen Always in Dutch

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Peter Jackson got a hold of 56 hours of "never seen before" Beatles footage, and is putting a movie together, with it. Scheduled for release in August of 2021. This is not a trailer, per se, but rather sneak peek at a few minutes of that footage.

• Like Like x 8
  2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes...

EDIT: I still don't really know how to do photos via the web interface, but that's a first-press of "Meet the Beatles", which was formerly hanging in my office. I also have "Rubber Soul" (and "Alice's Restaurant", which is decidedly not a Beatles song).

20210105_144745.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You did ok, Full Size would be better.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha, I tried, but it wanted a link. I'd have to go from my phone, to imgur, to the website, and I lose patience with my phone fairly readily.

Full size albums, at least! At my old office, I had those three on my wall, plus some original art my sister did for me, and a giant Banksy print.

As an aside, I was mostly raised by my grandmother and she used to just park me in front of a record player with Beatles albums. "Love" is by far my favorite show in Vegas.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was maybe 6 I asked my parents if I could start letting my hair grow long "like the Beatles" and they said yes. Then my 13 year old brother asked and they said yes to him also. That ticked me off, I wanted to be the lone Ringo or Paul in the family :)

Annual me and Pete
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto on that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's interesting to me is that my ex's mother, who grew up in China and was there back in the 60s, said she listened to The Beatles in secret because it was "incredibly subversive" to listen to rock and roll music. No cultural disrespect, but I can't even fathom that. I grew up on it! And their first single was literally about holding hands.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm another big Beatles fan, so I'm looking forward to seeing this when it comes out. Of course, my parents hated the Beatles when they first came on the scene back in the '60s when we were kids. My older brother and I use to drive them crazy blasting their tunes on the radio and playing their records. LOL

Needless to say, LOVE is also my favorite Cirque show and I lost count on how many times that I've seen it already.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fixed it for you... and I'm sending you a PM. :)

• Love Love x 1
  10. motownbob

motownbob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hated the early Beatles. As time passed, and the complexity and message in the Beatles music improved like by light years, I came around, like way around.

11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They were a truly unusual mix of rock, pop, and experimental. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was pure amazing madness, start to finish, with "A Day In The Life" as a fitting (and insane) coda.

To an extent, they remind me a little of Lady Gaga's career trajectory. She started out with true pop, and there's a theory that it was part of her endgame to get famous enough to start doing the jazz music she always wanted to do. She had "Poker Face" and then later an album with Tony Bennett.

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NASA and the Beatles.

Think about the progression of each in the short amount of time from 1964 - 1969.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

So....:" This is not a trailer. "
    However,
    The footage was ALL..... Abbey Road Studios - right near their demise.
    I'm wondering if the entire 56 hrs was of them recording in the studio - at that time ?
    There were quotes from The Beatles - that their behavior toward each other
    was more civil when " guests " were in the studio.
    Plenty of guests in that footage.......and happy / fun Beatles, in the studio.
    Makes sense.
    " We were on our best behavior when guests were present . "
    And the recording process ( itself )
    with the musicians grouped close together vs. ( nowadays ) in separate isolation booths.
    Ringo had a towel draped over his snare.....while playing in close - with the others.
    It muffles the loud trebly snap of the snare.......stops the ringing of the drum.........lowers the volume, at same time.
    I did the same thing when I played my drums in our family living room.

14. El Jugador

El Jugador Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love all of the Beatles music...they have something for every mood you might be in.

15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fan but not a fanatic. I've always like their music.

16. rourou

rourou subterranean roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BIG Beatles fan.:wave: In fact, most of my recent Vegas trips were specifically for Paul and Ringo concerts; last visit was in 2019 when Paul played two nights at T-Mobile. (I miss concerts :cry:) Am very much looking forward to the Peter Jackson film and seeing the unreleased Let It Be footage. The recording sessions were actually not filmed at Abbey Road Studios; they did some of it at Twickenham film studios and then moved to their basement studio at the Apple offices. Lots of the audio outtakes have been out there for years on bootlegs, but the video will be very interesting.

and @44inarow, nice Meet The Beatles you have there, good way to frame it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mudhen

Mudhen Always in Dutch

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe. Hopefully there are more scenes from other periods of their career. But the name of the film is "Get Back", so perhaps he was simply trying to emphasize that, by showing scenes from that recording session.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  18. jlpkap

jlpkap Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the remake of the Let It Be film. Trying to show happier time instead of the dreaded downer original. Wonder if the argueing between Paul and George will be in again.

19. rourou

rourou subterranean roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There might be footage of different arguments; there were lots of them during these sessions. I don't think there will be much, if anything, in this film about other periods of their career. Anyone who is interested in the early years of Beatlemania should check out Ron Howard's "Eight Days a Week," which is a great film about their touring days.

20. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big Fan, the first movie I ever saw at a theater was HELP . Sat in the theater and watched it 3 times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.