1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ballin' into Vegas v.20.21

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by AyDee, Dec 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tuesday
    Night 1:
    Cromwell

2. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wednesday
    Day 2:
    Downtown

3. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cal room:
    :eek:
    fail?
    I know its unfair to compare Cal rooms to Cosmo, but how does it feel to check in to this:
    if it's not some kind of sign, along with our Jan/Feb offers, :eek::cool:?:bang::(
    BallinV20.21-Bigguns 270.jpg
    I think we have stayed in this same room before, the door to the safe/fridge would not stay shut.
    They fixed it..kind of?:confused:
    BallinV20.21-Bigguns 269.jpg
    BallinV20.21-Bigguns 268.jpg
    I think the hook on the door was also ripped off. Once was a hook here, too ^
    We did not spend the night in this room.
    We didn't plan to, anyways.
    Got our generous FP offers,
    Rolled through Circa, GG, Four Queens,
    Had something to eat, and
    IIRC if we stayed till the next day, we could have got a free bottle of Vodka or something, but instead...

Went back to this, :p
    BallinV20.21-Bigguns 258.jpg

Sorry, :(, I still love you, and your staff though, Cal, it's just ever since MSS left... :oops:
    It hasn't been the same.... The food situation doesn't help that much either. :feedme::drooling:
    Maybe we can make up some time in the future.... :shy:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Necrochaos

Necrochaos VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Binions was 5 all week/end beginning of Dec. played there 6 days straight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jeffb77

jeffb77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question, what's the deal with the watch pictures?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I originally just started having it in the picture as a substitute for taking notes. I do some long hauls out there most days, and all nighters as well, hard to remember it all. really more for my reference than yours.

This time though, thought I’d wear different watches to match outfits for a change, and to to get the fix in on the under. :poke:
    Some of them haven't been outside for months, or ever.

Or to close This Shitty year, like the inspiration for the title of this thread, “Like a Baller”

Disclaimer: Note the use of "Like," I am not a baller,
    I just started having fun dressing like one in vegas.
    Also started wearing a bunch of gifted clothes that I used to consider “too obnoxious” / not exactly my style (which is normally super low key) / too nice for home.
    Note this was Cosmo, so I had to bring a low key downtown watch.

brand new (that I’ve had for years but never worn) clothes and a nice watch don’t feel terrible out there.
    to get really deep it was kind of an experiment into signifiers.

Not like I hardly ever leave the house recently. What's the point of having shit you never wear?
    I suddenly realized I could die (not being dramatic but, 2020, right?) before ever wearing something someone bought me with good intentions, and probably better taste than I have.

First time I half put an effort into "dressing up". It felt good. Almost normal, considering I've been living my life in sweats and pajamas, but acually, better.

Ended with one from my FFIL that loved vegas. Spent a lot of time at BJ tables and the race tracks.
    That was his ring, also, before anyone asks. Real old school vegas pieces. It felt right.
    Next maybe I’ll take my Grandparents on a trip.
    (RIP them all, I think they'd all want it like that).

I'm sorry I keep dropping all these songs and stuff, but they sometimes perfectly encapsulate exactly what I am trying to say.....

[ ]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  7. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Night 2
    after DT and that Cal room, back to Cosmo

8. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 3:
    All Cosmo, all day:
    Had planned to go check out the Orleans for the first time but I didn’t think my legs or feet could take even a little walking, and wanted a close option to jump right back into that bed, or sit on the terrace and unmask.

In the end it worked out great, figured we owed them at least a little play, we hadn’t given them any at all since we came in.

9. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Night 3:
    Second all nighter,

“No sleep till Brooklyn”

Solo Craps

I was toking the living daylights out of the dealers like I was trying to drop 5% EV.
    I was receiving exceptional service, and had a great time just shooting the shit with the whole crew, pitboss included, about a wide range of gambling topics..
    (they had already heard about the Suncoast 15M win then)
    One dealer even took time on his break to look up the closest to accurate story about the phrase "A chip and a chair". We probably spent a half hour talking just about that.
    Anyone (no cheating) know the name?
    I'll buy the winner a drink sometime.

after the all nighter, Eggslut breakfast in bed for the woman,

packing, having bell hold our luggage,
    -figured I might as well check in with the host, after pulling about 17 hours of straight gambling, but understandably, couldn't get a dime past the generous comp offer for the rooms.. Expected it. Gave him a lil something for his time.

opinions on one blitz day vs spreading same play over 3 days?
    We'll see what happens. with my mystery box ratings (Several hours were on tables) well,

Had an hour or two to play, so tried not to dump much more. I did pretty good, still needed to pick up that shirt, so figured I shouldn't lose that / should win it..

Ended up at Chandelier having a plebe level prosecco, meeting 2 from "the other side", ie, the other place where they talk about Vegas and was done. Oh in the 15 minutes I'm there and we're all talking, drinking, and playing, the one that likes to curse a lot hits a Royal.. :headbang:
    :goofy: I dunno. We were feeling good, having a good time, I felt lucky. Random chance, right?.. Thought it'd be my turn when I drew 4 to a Royal, got "Daved", but I'm happy when anyones winning. :clap::woohoo::beer:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  10. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    earlier, that morning....

Oh, I almost forgot, watches help you tell time.
    “Time is money, and money is time”
    I’m sort of really into all three.

Never tried egg slut yet, heard lines were Ridiculous and not worth the wait.
    Was still playing craps solo, when the dealer told me they opened at 6:00, (or is it 7:00?) and there was usually a line.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We quite enjoyed it, and I got to upgrade the "sorry I stayed out all night" apology room service.
    :eek:Cal shut me down on that in the mornings. :mad::thumbsdown:
    Still probably wouldn't want to wait in an hour plus line for it, like I had just heard often happens.

That Slut could be a great hangover helper, probably goes down easy after an entire nights drinking. (it was hers, I just had a taste)
    SLUT
    cage-free coddled egg on top of a smooth potato purée, poached in a glass jar, topped with gray salt and chives, served with slices of baguette

I got the
    BACON, EGG & CHEESE
    hardwood smoked bacon, cage-free over medium egg, cheddar cheese and chipotle ketchup in a warm brioche bun

the hamburger patty looking thing is a
    SALTED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
    dark chocolate chip cookie, topped with gray salt, baked fresh every morning

ooh that must have been super fresh.
    *available while supplies last

• Like Like x 4
  11. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JSX Fiasco:
    terminal was moved,
    Uber autofilled old terminal.
    We had gotten semi chewed out for showing up 5 min before flight time leaving, she said we should have been 20 min early for checking in our bags.
    I had seen all the regulars breezing in there like that, so figured I'd try to be one of the cool kids.. there were other people showing up the same time as us as well.

But good thing we made sure to alot a lot of time to allow for delays such as this.. The uber driver dropped us, we stopped him before he left, but he said he had just clocked us out and got another ride request, so might have to leave.. Me: "No problem, we got plenty of time. Do what you gotta do. We can call up another." Pull up the new addy and ask him to check how far.. I can see him weighing the decision, fortunately I had done my best when I jumped out the car to insure prompt service, he says no problem, hop in, we're there in 6 minutes, He just made well more than the fare in tips, and it was worth every damn cent.

Same for the flight, had to act quick, it was a black friday deal.. Booked it, :thumbsup: They hooked me, got a $30 credit on next flight..

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nearly home:
    from two trips, guessing,
    current O/U is around 50 minutes wheels up to wheels down,
    An hour and a half door to door.

BallinV20.21-Bigguns 632crop.jpg
    BallinV20.21-Bigguns 636.jpg
    BallinV20.21-Bigguns 637.jpg BallinV20.21-Bigguns 640.jpg BallinV20.21-Bigguns 642.jpg BallinV20.21-Bigguns 644.jpg BallinV20.21-Bigguns 645.jpg
    4:50 PM :
    BallinV20.21-Bigguns 646.jpg

:eek::kill:if only there was a watch in these pics, you'd know the score. :cool:

• Like Like x 5
  13. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aw Jeez, forgot the P slot report, guess the few she took will slot in timewise,
    she really doesn't take many these days, I get it, she only wants the big ones, we have tons of pictures of smaller hits already. And she still prints pictures and scrapbooks every trip. The collection is getting pretty ridiculous.

Also she deletes bad pics on the fly, I just rip out several, then always end up having tons of pictures to sort thru, another reason I like to have the time & date in there to help me keep things in order..

but lets find a teaser....
    BallinVP20.21 101.JPG
    BallinVP20.21 102.JPG
    BallinVP20.21 130.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  14. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    something else?

more musical thought and themes..

:eek:
    OMG I think I've been brainwashed by Hip Hop music.....
    if you can't have a laugh giving it a try in Vegas, where can you?

1) some musical source for the title
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    final thoughts/what have we learned

• spent so much time at Chandelier, feel like I binge watched a reality show about life as a bartender there. Would watch again, learned things. Next time, I get in there, I'll act like I know.
    • Whatever all Cosmo is doing to keep out the "riffraff" looked good to me, almost 0 maskholes. Roped off areas around the craps table to hold the lookeyloos back. And for all the hoops, I dig keeping the bartops for the real hardcore players that need them with the every other shut off keeping it safe feeling to be unmasked.
    • That 3 minute time out thing - for earning the drink tickets- is a little annoying, I mean, I'm supposed to wash my hands for 30 seconds after nature calls, guess go after a ticket spits?
    • I suppose we were a little early, but I wouldn't have expected to be the single last man standing at the tables ever there.
    • check that one off the bucket list (practically, as far as I could see), then again, that was X-mas eve, was the only one on a Craps table at least, and other tables were all but empty, too, had just been last man standing at a BJ table...
    • Sounds like being FIFO to the rush was a smooth move

Best mutual X-mas present to each other, yet... :wink2:

• Like Like x 5
  16. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yet a bit more of that annoying music:

2) A final shout out to all my Cosmo Chandelier bartenders,
    • Jennifer, you kind merciful angel, I appreciate you
    • Steven, Chris, you kept holding it down
    • Spencer, you da best, kept it light and right, two times, till the break of dawn
    like the terminator said, I'll be back, lets run it again soon.

• Like Like x 2
  17. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    re: @EastCoastVegasFan! s question about pace...

Can't Stop, Won't Stop..
    though I do take it easy the first night,
    so I know I can do the 24 hour blitz last day until we get home..
    Sooo much better when neither of us have to drive.

18. Necrochaos

Necrochaos VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the 3 minute time out thing?

19. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The timer on your accumulation towards a drink ticket. Yes, they annoyingly use a ticket system and it will time you out if you don't play continuously enough.
    Grab the pitchforks! There is not a lot of signage there explaining exactly how it works... But I got a pretty good idea now...

BallinIntoVegasV.20.21 586.JPG
    what this note is saying is that I played for an hour forty minutes and did not recieve a drink ticket.
    On a machine with a dead left button. I had been informed, and confirmed, 2 bartenders, and made the decision, a lot of that time was shooting the shit with new friends.
    Now you have been informed.

Kind of screwed me up, thought I'd be in an out of there quickly with a Veuve to take to the craps table, but plans change.

Going forwards my plan is to take my restroom breaks right after a ticket spits out..

Don't even get me started on how some drinks take 2 tickets, can't pay the difference, and the difference is a few bucks, and the drinks are expensive..

YMMV, do what you like.

Everything has it's pluses and minuses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  20. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Flowers , hope some portion of this TR can entertain and inspire you.. or at least kill some airport time..
    We failed miserably in living up to your dining standards, but baby steps, right?
    Gambling sayings, I got a ton of em... when the going gets rough...

Quitters don't win,
    . . .
    and winners don't quit.

That progressive is still growing...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.