1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Android slots game, timer for LPs?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by acali4nea, Nov 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acali4nea

acali4nea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pays you by time now and not bet amount?

there's a timed meter that gives you points once a certain amount of time elapses.

does this meter move faster if you bet more? Or does it move at the same speed?

sorry if I'm late.

2. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you playing on a Android device? I believe they had to make that adjustment on MyVegas, MyVegas Blackjack, and MyKonami to meet Google's platform requirements.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mishawaka3

Mishawaka3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my game (android emulator on my pc), it doesn't matter what you bet. It runs at the same time. I do minimum bets and it lets me get about 5K loyalty points a day. I collect more free chips daily than I lose playing!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is correct, the loyalty points timer will run at the same speed regardless of your bet.

Also, I just checked my Android device and it looks like Pop! Slots recently switched over to the timer based LP system too.

5. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course they did this while I have literally billions of chips in both MyVegas and MyKonami. I had assumed they just did this in all the games, but if it was a google play thing, did they not make the changes in the facebook versions?

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't had the mobile games on my phone in awhile, but I seem to recall there were differences with the Google Play and Amazon versions at one time.

Might be worth a look to delete the game and add it from the Amazon store to see if LP collection is different.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Facebook versions are not on a timer as of this morning. From what I understand, this is specific to Android devices.

8. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "platform requirements" appear to be that redemption for real-world prizes/gifts/goods using a type of credit in the app that one only accrues from activity within the app (LPs in the MyVegas games; hats in the Binion's app; crowns in the Four Queens app; gems in the Wynn slots app [1]) cannot be directly tied to in-app purchases. One cannot directly purchase LPs (or hats/crowns/gems), but one can purchase (or get for free -- often through ads [2]) coins that can be used to play the game.

It's complicated. I think that the gambling-like user interaction with the apps relative to in-app purchases is the gray area.

I have the MyVegas Blackjack app from the Amazon Appstore for this specific reason. As of yesterday, I still rack up a lot of LPs daily (up to the daily limit) just from playing.

[1] The Wynn slots app had VIP points added as an additional gate to accessing redemptions. In a phased approach, it was made to be almost impossible to earn just from app activity (playing the game) enough VIP points to maintain a VIP tier that gives access to redeem anything. The ongoing closure of the Wynn Buffet simply allows the app developer to not need to either remove the reward from the app or make other changes to make the buffet reward -- like the hotel rooms -- unattainable without making a purchase that grants redemption access. Further discussion of this warrants another thread.

[2] The MyKonami app on Android, as downloaded from Google Play, still gives away both coins and LPs for viewing ads. The MyVegas slots app from Google Play only gives coins for viewing ads. However, keep in mind that the earning (or giving away, through ads) of LPs now has absolutely nothing to do with in-app purchases (which is specifically why the real-life rewards have not yet gone away).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    all good things come to an end

11. Headache 21

Headache 21 i don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys'r'us kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a daily limit on LPs now with this timed approach?

12. Mishawaka3

Mishawaka3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My daily limit is 5K LP. I'm at level 2174.

13. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad I saw this thread as I was wondering what was up with the app. I had about 3.5 billion chips (now down to 2) and have just been betting at 5-9 million a spin. I noticed that I get no extra LP and haven't even accrued an extra 10,000 since I started playing again a week back. In fact I got more LP by not playing for months than I did actually playing this week.

Since Google controls what can be downloaded as apps through Android, I wonder if at some point the government will intervene? (similar to what other countries have done with Windows and software that comes with their OS systems)

14. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play on my iPhone but am now limited to 5,000 LP per day on myVEGAS and 3,200 on myKONAMI (with the latter it seems to allow a day or two of carryover if I skip playing, but not the former :hmmm:); the myKONAMI LP cap just started a few weeks ago :oops::cry:

15. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had caps on MyKonami since they implemented the stupid timer. I had a cap before that too. I had about 10 billion chips when they changed it over to timer instead of bet based, so whereas I used to hit my 2k daily LP cap in 15-20 minutes before completing daily challenges, it now takes so long I never play that long. They did recently raise my daily cap to 4k, but hell if I'm playing it that long. Too much like work. Another submission to "Thanks; I hate it." :kill:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.