1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What item(s) is still hard to find or low quantity in the stores now?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Valgal, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saffron. I have maybe twice in my life seen saffron on a supermarket spice section. I don't want it and I don't need it, but I check every time because I don't believe there is such a thing. I could probably get it on Amazon.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saffron is $12 for two grams on Amazon, $170 per Oz., it is the stigma from a flower, has to be manually picked, and it takes 1000 flowers to make one ounce.

On Ritz crackers, now you’re talking!

3. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stopped by Costco and the grocery store a few days ago -- both were out of microwave Easy Mac. Go figure!
    Guess the kid will just have to settle for Chef Boyardee! :D

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol

We ordered this a month or so ago: https://www.costco.com/full-thread-spanish-saffron,-14-gram-jar.product.100389351.html

Or Penzey's: https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/saffron-coupe-spanish/c-24/p-1433/pd-s

When we lived in proximity to TJs we always got it there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being warned about another possible toilet paper shortage, I expected the worst at Kroger yesterday. Nope – if there was anything in great abundance, it was TP and roll paper. I'll run out of food and the need for TP long before I run out of paper!

6. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clean shower daily shower cleaner. I think Tilex makes one too. Haven’t been able to find them since early summer.

Happy birthday to me!
  7. JennJenn

JennJenn Low-Roller

Any type of Raman noodles go fast in our area. I know they're not great for you, but anytime I find the spicy chicken cups, I buy them out!

8. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember, when you're buying TP along with your regular groceries, be sure to ask the cashier for their professional opinion if it's the right amount of TP for the amount of food you bought. That way, you won't run out. but won't be hording.

:)

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately for us, with this move we sold our big freezer. We moved into our rental & the fridge/freezer is SMALLER. No stocking up on meat. (We do have room for a nice big bin of ice cubes for the margaritas my hubby makes - best I've ever tasted!).

A lot of empty things today however I did grab a couple items that were on iBotta. (Wow - why did someone NOT tell me about that one sooner! Got 9.92 back today!) Even got a Campbells low fat cream of mushroom soup for free. The frozen GV green beans were EMPTY. And the 3 lb free turkey breast roasts have been out for a week - I waited too long I guess.

Work wanted hand wipes again - I should have just bought them a few weeks ago when I saw the unloaded pallet. I did manage to find 3 in the pharmacy/health-beauty area at least - a bit more $ than GV but they will get what they get!!! They do NOT want plain alcohol wipes - they have asked for only the ones that say anti-bac on them. Sigh.... Hand sanitizer in plentiful supply by us. (I may be repeating myself - This thread is getting long lol).

PS - CLOSED ON SALE OF OUR HOUSE YESTERDAY!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  10. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since it's 100 mile r/t to get the stuff, I buy it when they have it. Used to be you could get it anywhere, but the local stores don't carry it, Kroger in the next town stopped carrying it, so when I see it, I buy it.

I'm with @Catzilla about going to the store. I only go about once every three weeks and load up. I also have a 1/2 a cow in the freezer, and a whole hog. The only meat I ever buy in the store is chicken thighs, I get that at sams, and freeze about 15 lbs each time I go.

I get my cat food/cat litter from Chewy, they deliver at about the same price as the stores, as long as you have it on autoship.

No reason to go home yet.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the Chlorox Spray in my shower as a daily cleaner. Works good. Supply has been spotty but when I can find it I buy two at a time -- the limit. So I have a small supply built up. I love the smell of fresh bleach. I think it reminds me of younger days. Summers at the local pool.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amazon was sold out of the paper towels that I like, so I'm trying another brand.

I did order another case of Blue Feather toilet paper.

I'm short on paper plates, I hope they still have some in the supers.

13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if this is due to the so-called second wave of the pandemic or not, but several brands and colors of 3d print filament are very difficult to find, kinda like they were last April or so. I'm about out of black filament and the only place I can get my favorite brand (Hatchbox) is eBay gougers selling it for more than twice the list price! I went with another brand which a friend says is OK as well, but several brand/color combinations are sold out everywhere.

14. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    California, the land of the Mother Lode:

Q+4GQgPJSku9V5z70C%zkQ.jpg BwHAYepbRyC2rmo05O2i8g.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was online looking for something I want at Costco today and I see they have suspended toilet paper sales online until January 1st. Hmm...they want you to stay home, but won't mail you toilet paper.

I was talking to my brother yesterday and mentioned TP. He asked me if I remembered when we were young and worked at our grandparent's farm, the catalog in the outhouse. Ah...the good ol days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 4.25.44 PM.png

This has been elusive for the past 2 weeks. I got one jug today - the last one. I love this stuff. Guess I will have to drink more water - sigh.

17. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nobody can afford to buy it at that price. Two weeks ago Kroger had it for 49 cents/can.

Today, shredded sharp cheddar cheese and Krogers higher end Ranch dressing knock off (along with hillshire farms) was MIA.

No reason to go home yet.
  18. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People need to start winning more in Vegas, obviously.

19. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Target here has it on sale for 69 cents.
    I guess California is expensive.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's 'cause its made in Paris.

Texas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.