1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

RTC Changes - WAX and SDX eliminated among other changes

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by zlanga, Sep 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    USBC Nationals
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that sucks. I hate stopping every block all the way from Paris to downtown. Takes forever.

Not sure if this is better for my bankroll or not. On the one hand, I get to sober up/spend time not feeding cash to the machines. On the other hand, it might make me less likely to even travel downtown.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am missing the part where CX would no longer stop at Fremont. Where are you seeing this?

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well that just sucks. We didn't use it from the airport, but rather from downtown to Suncoast. 4 stops and we were there. Plus senior rate of a buck each way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will give you a chance to spend more time on the bus enjoying the company of interesting and baffling local citizens.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just reading the summary that the CX would go from the airport to the BTC, I didn't look at where it went from there. If it runs thru Fremont, that's a win at least.

USBC Nationals
  7. rallen

rallen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read it that the CX will be taking the previous WAX route between McCarran and Downtown. The CX should still be stopping at 4th & Carson, close to the FSE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So are you saying one will be able to ride the CX (from Terminal 1) to FSE direct?

9. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure looks like it. CX also leaves for the airport from outside Binions, just like the WAX did.

• Like Like x 2
  10. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Google maps shows a CX bus stop at 4th&Carson...the question is, for the experienced riders, going from LAS to downtown on the CX line, when the bus gets to the BTC, do you have to "transfer" to a different CX bus at the transit center in order to continue northbound to 4th&Carson?

11. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GOLFCADDY1

GOLFCADDY1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am coming to LAS in Feb. I have always rode the WAX bus from level 0 to downtown. I called RTC customer service today, 9/18/2020. The lady stated that I had to take the 109 or 108 bus to Bonneville transit center and walk 10 mins to Fremont or get on the Duce if I did not walk. Does anyone have any more info on best way to get to downtown from McCarren? Thank you. GOLFCADDY1

13. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The RTC site shows the CX as an airport stop traveling to 4th & Carson as previously stated. Looking at the scheduled travel time it looks like it will take about 45 minutes from terminal 1 to 4th & Carson Which is about 15 minutes slower than the WAX times. The new CX schedule starts October 4th.

https://assets.rtcsnv.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/09/17170616/cx.pdf

14. GOLFCADDY1

GOLFCADDY1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Fet297 for information on the CX bus. Have a good day! GOLFCADDY1

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a FYI for people. Be wary of asking for advice in the bus loading area at McCarran. We used to take the WAX sometimes out to Suncoast from the airport and on more than one occasion, I overheard locals giving false/incorrect information to tourists on which bus to take. Intentional, or not knowing any better, but know ahead of time which bus you need. I later read on one of the forums that this is a game locals like to play on tourists

Just beware. If you are not sure, the driver is usually your best source of information as you get on the bus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used to take the Suncoast shuttle to/from the airport and the WAX between Suncoast, downtown, and the airport. Now both are gone. Hopefully, the WAX will be resurrected by the time I go back to Vegas, which will be when Covid is history.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. GOLFCADDY1

GOLFCADDY1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks JOE and Turtleman for the good info. I have had locals try to give me bad advice in past trips. Thanks to all for the good info on the bus. Have a good day. GOLFCADDY1

18. jack v

jack v MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks to me like that new CX route is almost the same as the WAX, I guess I can live with the extra 10 min ride, or just take the 108 or 109.

I also agree that you can and should never ask a local a bus question, the first time I took the WAX back from downtown I asked a guy standing by the bus stop what to do and he gave me a line of pure bullshit.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  19. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it was in December during NFR, he :cowboy: could have been speaking the truth; maybe.

20. Philonous815

Philonous815 Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new routing goes by UNLV transit center from the airport first before going on Tropicana. The old WAX route goes directly on Paradise to Tropicana. This explains the extra time to get downtown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.