1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Stay Well ??? - Considering their work from home offer

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by c2cali, Aug 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c2cali

c2cali Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considering MLife's new Work From Home offer, on my partners account (so I don't end up with a ruined gambling average per day), and then following it up on the weekend under my account comps. I've seen STAY WELL before, but never explored it or cared. Having done light research, I still don't think I care? Anyone know the pros and cons to Stay Well? Pros, the air is cleaner, maybe a nicer mattress? Cons, the room may have a giant machine in it on the wall somewhere, and, the cleaning products are non toxic, which to me, usually means they don't clean as well? LOL. MLife seems to love to specify their Staywell rooms, but the perks just seem extremely nominal and not worth more than 2-3 extra dollars per night? Tell me why I'm wrong. Or right.

EDIT: Work from Home Offer for all: https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/offers/viva-las-office.html It isn't going to beat Comps if you're a decent player, but for your friend, wife, adult kid who never gambles...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely not worth the extra money, IMO. Your observations seem pretty much spot on.

I haven’t stayed in one, but I’ve seen some people say the mattresses aren’t as comfy as the ones in the regular rooms.

PS - what’s the Work From Home MLife offer?

3. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in one once. I wasn't impressed and wouldn't bother again.

4. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's marketing from a few yrs ago, which Covid has revitalized. But it's still just marketing. If the ionized air sounds like your cup of tea, go for it. I think most people here see it as a ploy.

And while they don't come right out and say "you'll be healthier/cleaner/etc staying in a StayWell" they certainly imply it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting

NFL Week 1
  7. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, STAY WELL is a gimmicky rip off. It is the only upgrade on a two bed room short of a suite, and I wasted $20 on this one time I stayed at MGM Grand.

As I have said before, I think it would only appeal to "new age-ers" or hypochondriacs.

8. c2cali

c2cali Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Added the work from home link to my original post above, and here, if you want to see it. Basically, $100 a night plus resort fees but also $50 in free food/drinks per day... for a newbie to Vegas this is a great deal if they don't have comps and don't mind having their first Vegas experience be a little lackluster from the norm.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR CONFIRMING, StayWell is stupid. Lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We’ve stayed in one twice. Love the private check in area. Very quick and fast. They give free flavored water also. When we got to the room, we had to turn off the humidifier because it was so loud, we couldn’t hear the TV over it. Will we ever stay in one again, probably not even though they always come up comped on my list. That’s the hardest mattress I’ve ever tried to sleep on. It was like sleeping on concrete.

Sema Show
    Golden Knights here we come. Go Dallas Stars!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time I’ve been in the MGM since they’ve reopened the Stay Well/VIP guest check in room has been closed. Which sucks because I like getting free bottles of water out of there.

11. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second the comment on the hard bed. I like a hard memory foam bed, this one is concrete. DO NOT belly flop, jump, or lay back hard.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. EdRut25

EdRut25 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mr & Mrs Flintstone, Mr & Mrs. Rubble and Mr & Mrs. Slate...your rooms are now ready.

It's Just Time....
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. c2cali

c2cali Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG, now I want to start a poll! If StayWell and regular rooms are both equally priced, or free, which would you choose lol. I wasn't expecting them to be considered neutral/worse, rather a small upgrade, ha!

14. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One plus at MGM Grand is that they are on floors in the 14-16 range.

You do NOT want to be on a floor over 21 there. That elevator bank always gets backed up with a long line because two of them are reserved for the suites on the top floor. The lines are especially bad now with the COVID capacity restrictions

15. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, unless they changed in the past six months, they are not. Just walk through the door, hit the up button and go to which ever floor your keyed for. You have to put a key in for the sky suites, but I've used them for the other floors multiple times. You can't take them down, but you could take them up. (Unless they changed them after adding the place you had to swipe your key to make the elevator move hotel wide)

16. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in Stay Well once. Mostly hype in my opinion.

Bed was hard as a rock which is why I’d never choose Stay Well again.
    All the ‘purities’ - air diffuser and aromatherapy were no big deal.
    The best I can say is the funky personalized mood lighting was fun, especially the pink, now that was kinda sexy :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got a free upgrade to a Stay Well room when I complained that the room I was going to be assigned was on a low floor. I agree that the mood lighting options were "groovy," reminded me of the tone of a lava light I had in the 1970's.

I would only upgrade to such a room on a complimentary basis.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I know.

But now there is always a long line waiting to get into that elevator bank. Good luck cutting past all those people waiting without a sky suite key.

19. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, you're saying there is an employee standing there checking keys?

20. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t know. I was on floor 17 when I was there last month. Never a line to get into my elevators. There was always a long line snaking out past the little sundries shop (which was closed) to get into those elevators. I assumed someone was back there directing traffic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.