1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

So this just came out from the firm I am aligned with.....

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by nonahs, Jul 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonahs

nonahs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And i am not sure how I feel about it.....
    • Due to widespread community transmission of COVID-19 in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah, all personnel who are approved to be in the office and who travel to these statesare required to work remotely for 14 days upon their return.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the same policy at my company for people traveling from overseas.

When I return for Asia (I hope) in December, my boss reminded me that I would have to work from home for 14 days.

It's also the same policy that many states are imposing. My August visit to the East Coast had to be canceled because I didn't want to quarantine for 14 days.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :eek: That sucks but understandable

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Gus

Gus High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's life now..

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It feels like a logical course of action.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love working remote, so wouldn’t bother me. I’ve actually been remote since March. Hoping it can be permanent.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. nonahs

nonahs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been working from the house since March also, but we just opened our offices two weeks ago, and now this. With that being said, working from home for two weeks after Vegas bender.......not a bad idea.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My buddy works for a Japanese car company in their Pittsburgh, PA operations. They're thinking about moving him permanently to Osaka so that he won't have to routinely quarantine.

• Like Like x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been working remotely, my company has a "no travel" rule AND a quarantine requirement if you do travel.

I've been home since March. Not sure when I'll be back in the office - much later and not often is my hope. I've been working remotely one day a week the past 12 yrs, it's easy in my job, I have a long commute, and I don't like being around people. I'm basically the happiest quarantined person I know....

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Mudhen

Mudhen Always in Dutch

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be tough to do, in the airline industry. My friends are traveling all over the place. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I walked out of my company's office building March 11 and have been working from home ever since. There have been no announcements of any kind about employees coming back to the physical office for the remainder of 2020. Fine with me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is work?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're (still) on a travel freeze. (And a hiring freeze, and a purchasing freeze, and a freeze freeze ... ...)

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually surprised Wisconsin didn't make your list. We are being banned from everywhere lately. Even though I am in a part of the state where it is pretty quiet. I believe now I can't even go visit my daughter in Chicago unless I quarantined upon arrival there for 14 days. I figured at some point I would drive to Harrahs in Joliet for a long weekend and spend a couple of days with her in Wrigleyville.

I expected my issue would be that I would have to not go into work here for 2 weeks after coming back (been working at home since March anyway). Now it appears I can't even go there because I would have to quarantine upon arrival lol.

We are a rural county with only a total of 44 cases. It's hard when we are lumped into the big city total.

15. nonahs

nonahs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the firm updates daily states and regs for travel restrictions and quarantine orders. Wisconsin may not be there today, but don’t fret, you’ll make the list eventually! Lol!

• Like Like x 1
  16. ngrund

ngrund High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a little over 3 years until retirement, I'm hoping to work from home until then.

• Like Like x 4
  17. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CT is up to 34 states.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  18. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please remember our No Politics rule. You are free to discuss the issues in your states, but please refrain from political opinion about it.

Suggesting your governor is equivalent to some fascist dictator, or suggesting your state is making up things is 1) Likely not true, and 2) A violation of our rules about politics.

VMB is intended as a place to discuss Las Vegas. It is not a sounding board to discuss politics or religion. Any message or thread that veers away from the topic of Las Vegas may be locked, moved and/or deleted without notice at any time. Any opinions on the government itself, its policies, practices, or laws is political discussion. All messages that contain political commentary, even in jest, will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.

• Like Like x 7
  19. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 230 people right now that work in the organizations I lead, in a company of around 15K employees. We have been WFH since mid-March. We have no clear timeline to return due to the changing landscape. It seems logical for your company to apply this measure as other companies have as well for travel scenarios.

Some companies have some varying reach of those kind of risk management policies. A few companies I know of essentially deny employees going to XYZ location on vacation because it would force the WFH/quarantine. One of my peers' husbands has to report when and where my peer travels to his employer because he goes into the physical workspace. Those are the employer policies where lines get blurred real fast. They had to cancel a vacation SHE was taking on her own because they were going to make him WFH where compensation potential is much less (he is in sales).

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  20. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both my husband and I work for universities. We are both home for the remainder of the year. He has to go in when he physically has to work with equipment but there is usually no one around when he does. I have not set foot in my office since March. I was working one day a week from home. I would like to make this permanent but will probably have to go in for at least a day or two a week once things get back to "normal". I have to say I kinda miss the goofy employee stuff we did like pie bake offs and holiday luncheons. That surprises me that I miss it.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.