1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Executive Suite

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Adam33, Jul 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam33

Adam33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading to Vegas solo Aug 1-4.

Booked the Executive Smoking Suite at Flamingo. Not that I needed it but I get a bit of comps.

I have only been to Vegas twice. I’m a table games and sports betting guy. I play craps, pai gow and some carny poker games.

How hard is it to get a spot at a table with limited capacity at the tables.

if Flamingo, Linq, Bally’s etc all around me are busy what’s a good spot to go to that typically is not busy?

For a solo guy also any food recommendations as well. Last time I ate the BBQ and Root Beer at Ellis which was great! My first trip alone to Vegas and I am pumped.

Paid off all our debt and the deal with the wifey was no debt, I go to Vegas whenever the F I want. And she has kept her word!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading there solo next month, as well. With bar seating being shut down, I've had to do a bit of pre-planning (usually prefer to eat at the bar), so places with outdoor patio seating are a plus. I usually only do one "fancy" meal in Vegas, the rest are more casual. Here are some I plan to visit:

Margaritaville - eat there once each trip. Lunch is usually not that crowded.
    Yardhouse (Linq Promenade): ditto
    Chayo (Linq Promenade/Mexican): plan to try
    Off The Strip: (Linq Promenade); plan to try

Ellis Island: I haven't been there in several years, so on the list for this trip.
    Stage Door: for a cheap hot dog and drink

Paris area (where I'm staying):
    Burger Brasserie (Inside, in the Bally's/Paris walkway): I eat there a couple times a trip. Usually not too crowded.
    Beer Park: expensive, but great outdoor patio overlooking fountains.
    Mo Ami Gabi: more upscale, but very good

PH area:
    Cabo Wabo: ate there lunch last year, outdoor patio, and really liked. Plan to go back
    PBR Rockbar: been once or twice over the years. Outdoor patio as well.
    Blondies Sports Bar (in Miracle Mile): usually not too crowded.

Venetian:
    Black Tap: never been, but plan to check out.

Hope that gives some ideas.

Vegas Vacation 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Running late

Running late High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from a Sun-Thurs stay at the Flamingo. The tables were pretty empty. It might be more crowded on the weekend, but I don't think you'd have any trouble getting a spot from what I saw.

4. Adam33

Adam33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what was the table minimums?

5. Running late

Running late High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure, I didn't play the tables. Sorry.

6. Ol' Hoag

Ol' Hoag Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned. Flamingo took good care of us. My play sounds identical to yours. We only ventured as far north as Harrahs and south to Paris. We were there Tue-Sat so I'm not sure about Saturday night's, but we could get on tables. Our challenge was we were two couples and with the max 3 at a table rule, really dampened our fun, as we like to get a "family" table when we go to Vegas. If you're traveling solo, shouldn't be an issue. We played at Harrah's, Linq, Flamingo and Paris. Limits were a little higher than normal. Pai Gow $15, Ultimate and the like...$10, up to $15 at times. There was a Crazy 4 table at $5 at Harrah's mid-week. Drink service is better than usual thanks to the fewer players. Sports books were limited. Linq opened theirs Friday, Sat and Sun., but with limited hours. Restaurants...need to plan ahead and figure out how they seat people. The process varies, some a big pain in the butt and others easy. If you like going to the pool, you will have to get on a wait list, unless you rent a bed or cabana. The wait list starts at varying times in the morning, so you have to start sending texts over and over, just like ordering tickets for that big concert when they go on sale or getting your boarding pass on SWA. :) All in all, there is fun to be had, but it's not normal Vegas by a LONG shot.

7. Adam33

Adam33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotcha. Not really into the pools anymore as I am 40.

I more like to gamble without the wife being bored next to me!

im really craps, Pai Gow and the carnival poker tables games like Ultimate and 4 card etc.

$10-$15 isn’t really that bad considering. I figured Saturday would be high. But for some reason the gave me 1400 sq ft all to my self. Take a nap, head down late and hit the bubble craps and get drunk for free....then hit up the tables!

thanks for the info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.