1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Reward Credits under El Dorado?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mstefaniw, Jul 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southpaw33

Southpaw33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you were just earning them recently I don’t think they will expire in September. It’s just people that haven’t use them in a long time that may lose some if they don’t extend it.

2. Southpaw33

Southpaw33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can’t you use your reward credits to buy GGWU stuff online year around? Just have it shipped to your house?

3. gambo82

gambo82 Low-Roller

No, GGWU points are separate and can only be used at the GGWU event in November and December.There is a separate e-catalog on line that you can use RC but it over priced.

4. Southpaw33

Southpaw33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah that’s what I meant. I didn’t mean using great gift wrap up points I meant using reward credits. I did notice everything is overpriced there but in an emergency it’s better than losing it I suppose.

5. gambo82

gambo82 Low-Roller

Ok, yes you confused me when you mentioned GGWU points., there are many different ways to send RC. It will depend on what you want and how many RC you have.

As to the the OP, nobody really knows what will happen with RC's. It seems like every time there was a merger there was some reduction of benefits but hopefully they will give enough notice of any changes to be able to cash in RC if that is what you decide.

There are many ways to use RC's as previously mentioned. Meals, drinks at CET restaurants and bars. merchandise at gift shops and e-catalog, convert to free play, transfer to Wyndham.Rewards and you can gift some else RCs for them to use (limit of $50 at a time. 2X/year), also spa and pay for rooms (for your self or multiple rooms for friends and/or family).
    Hopefully everyone can find something beneficial for then to use the RCs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As an aside, since El Dorado is buying the Caesars name and intending to keep the Caesars rewards brand as that it is the predominant value holder for Caesars, it would seem that a more logical question is what will happen to El Dorado comp credits.

I think @DaiLun is correct in stating changes will be coming, but I think they may relate to earnings and even value of the dollars (think more 2-1 rates). It seems thought that the intention of El Dorado is to bring their book of players into the Caesars Rewards fold and keep, at least for now the basic structure of it. Since Caesars is definitely the most favorable in terms of status progression, it would seem logical to increase the status of El Dorado players rather than decrease the much larger group of Caesars players. Then they can just make status harder to achieve.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many years. I use them in Vegas but not a lot. Here locally they can still comp from the pit so it's no need to use them. I sure don't want to lose them though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  8. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They did the dollar for dollar not long ago up to $1000 max.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I realize that spending big $$$ also means "larger" tips, but have you considered a "big" meal, like Guy Savoy? (unless you've already eaten there)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rewards catalog is a joke. Last week they sent me an offer to get a $100 Shell gift card for only 25,000 RC’s. Everything is wildly overpriced.

Mark

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My offer in the CET app. is a $100 Shell gift card for 25,000 reward credits. Not a good deal since those would be worth $250 in food comps.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just about to suggest that, i.e., to be on the look out for 1:1 promos. My guess is there will be a few in the coming months to entice folks to come back without having to outlay cash or expenses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Further proving your point, that $250 in food comps would actually be worth just over $270 once you add sales tax (since that isn't assessed on comps) :)

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not eaten at Guy Savoy. Hopefully more restaurants will open later this year. I will go to the Seven Star event whenever they send out the info so I might find some good restaurants while I am there. The only problem is I eat somewhat simply and a lot of the nicer places have some really different food and combinations of foods. A lot of the restaurants I really like do not take Caesars reward credits or they are closed until later.

15. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will check this out.

16. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bad extra 0 mine also was 25,000

Mark

17. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to use my points for a suite while in Vegas but I have to have an accessible bathroom and have not seen or heard of any accessible suites at Caesars properties. I would think they would have one or two out of all the properties in LV since there are some high rollers who need those type of bathrooms.

18. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Possible workaround: what about getting an accessible room that adjoins to a suite, and booking both rooms together with the adjoining door propped open, so you can spend most of your time in the suite and simply use the bathroom in the accessible room? Perhaps that might be cumbersome depending on the layout, but just an idea that could create some possibilities.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  19. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

I believe Caesars has a ticket website that you can buy concert and sports tickets. Might have to wait a bit till things happen again but you could use some dollars there. Also a nice dinner you could buy wine and take with you. Marked up but you will be getting something tangible.

20. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. They'd have to have accessible suites. You just need to figure out where you'd like to stay and what the options would be. It's a perfect assignment for your host, who should be happy to look into this for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.