1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

guy savoy reopen at caesars

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Crawfordesquire, Jun 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    according to caesars website.
    great news for vegas fine dining. hopefully others follow suit and le cirque, JR, atelier, picasso, and twist reopen soon as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is great news. Caesars seems truly committed to having Guy Savoy there to stay competitive at the top end.

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may try this restaurant for the first time during my upcoming trip. Lots of folio credit to use or lose and so a perfect time to experience Guy Savoy! I take it both you @Crawfordesquire and @dankyone are big fans?

• Like Like x 1
  4. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Extremely expensive like 300-500 per person ,you can go to Sinatra's and SW steakhouse and might have some change left . and 2 great meals not one.???

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While those are great restaurants, they aren’t in the same class as Guy Savoy.

Joel Robuchon and Guy Savoy are probably the two best restaurants in Vegas. With 3 and 2 Michelin stars respectively amongst a slew of other awards, they are recognized worldwide. Yes Guy Savoy is expensive, it’s not for every taste or every budget.

Great news that it is reopening!

6. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I respect your opinion , but I will stick with my 2 instead of 1 , Excellent chef world renowned , but not my price range.

7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info @rooster42000 and @ChilliPalmer. Yeah, I checked the menu the prices and they are indeed way up there. I saw a tasting menu that was $555.

That would normally be way out of my price range but if my August trip is a go I learned tonight from a CET rep (I was calling to get info about the revised Seven Stars trip) that I'll have a $400 folio credit in lieu of a brunch and welcome reception as part of the Seven Stars signature event plus my $500 folio credit as it will be my Seven Stars retreat trip.

I'm going to use my 1 Seven Stars experience credit during this trip as well as I'm worried that there's a chance I'll have just one big trip left to Vegas this year and I don't want to carry it over to 2021. That's another $500 in folio credit, not including my $500 in Seven Stars dining certificates (which I can use at places like MAG that are "non-CET" restaurants). I want to use the certificates this year, and potentially this trip, so I'll have $1400 to $1900 in CET dining/folio credit to use during a 5-day period. And I'm RFB at Wynncore with most of my meals, within reason, covered there.

I'll likely do some small group dining at MAG for breakfast, MAG for dinner, MESA Grill, the new Bugsy and Meyer's steakhouse at Flamingo and one of the Gordon Ramsey places as I've never dined at any of them. I'm thinking Hell's Kitchen at Caesars and Giada, which is one of my favorite CET restaurants, if it is open then.

I also wanted to try the Eiffel Tower Restaurant and Guy Fieri's Kitchen and Bar at the Linq but I have my standard places where I love to dine at Wynncore and I need to leave open at least 5 nights of my 15-night trip to hit all of those spots at least once!

For solo dining one evening I was thinking about Guy Savoy.

It's a wonderful "problem" to sort through though I am seriously thinking about Guy Savoy for solo dining this upcoming trip. Depending on whether my trip is entirely or partly solo with some friends, I may purposefully use up my entire $1900 in CET dining/folio credit even though some of that credit would otherwise still be valid throughout 2021.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if there’s any way to track which Vegas restaurants are reopening.
    I’d love to go back but only if the nice places are open again.

9. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One VMBer mentioned that there was a website that was updating that information pretty regularly but I forgot the name of it so I've just been visiting restaurant websites individually.

10. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m waiting for Twist to reopen.

11. Crawfordesquire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    comparing savoy to sw and sinatra, apples to oranges. and the debate of would you rather have 2 apples or 1 orange may or may not apply depending on your circumstance and it only works if the decision is a binary one with cost as the only factor at play. usually i base this decision off of what i want to eat first, then check the wallet.

twist is a little bit lower price point than savoy. both are great options. hopefully twist reopens with waldorf astoria allegedly reopening this week, but not automatic.

@Flowers go to savoy and look for their 'champagne bar'- for solo dining guy savoy champagne bar might be the best fine dining option anywhere. and by anywhere, i mean anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a feeling é will be doomed unless it installed dividers... Also on my reopen wish list.

13. Crawfordesquire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never eaten at é. I presumed space wasn’t an issue as the numbers are fairly small but the bigger issue may just be that their target demo isn’t coming to Vegas at the same rate as before (boomers with disposable money).
    Anecdotally the wife and I went out to eat for the first time since March on fri night. usually we don’t eat at the bar but it was the only table open in terms of reservations. Basically in front of us to our left was the kitchen (very small restaurant) and to our right is the bar/tender. lot of fun interacting with both bartender and cooks. There wasn’t any partitions but staff masked.

14. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Flowers - I agree Guy Savoy has very good food. But IMO dressy attire is encouraged. I went with a dress shirt & black jeans (not faded at all). My waiter gave me the look & was salty most of the evening. I strategically mentioned to him that their food was better than L’Atelier & he smiled & was nicer to me.

I liked the food but won’t be back.

15. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Flowers I am a big fan...haven’t been in a couple of years but I have eaten at Guy Savoy a number of times including at the kitchen table and solo at the bar when they had the “bubbles and bites” lounge.

It is a world class dining experience, a true haute cuisine restaurant among the very best in the country. To their credit they have not cheapened it down to fit the preferences of the typical Vegas diner. It is not for everyone, it is not for every day. If you daydream about experiences at The French Laundry and Eleven Madison Park, Guy Savoy is your type of place. If your favorite restaurant is a steakhouse, it is not for you and you will consider it a waste of money.

Best experience is a tasting menu of course. Once you walk through that door you have committed to spending a lot of money and there is no point in going there if you are going to try to order something less expensive than you really want once you are there. Choose your menu beforehand and let them take care of you. They know how. Service is extremely formal but warm and they will instinctively sense how to make you comfortable.

It looks like they now offer a $555 tasting menu with wine, which would be a fine place to start. Be aware that they will consider that a bargain/summer/COVID era menu, not their flagship service. It is only 6 courses where a full tasting would be more like 12-14. That summer menu will set you back about $700 per person with tax and tip. Also realize that if you drink, the wine list is skewed toward extremely expensive bottles, with pages and pages of wines with four figure price tags.

It sounds like you will have a great opportunity to experience the restaurant on CET. Dress up, relax, and plan to leave the outside world behind as you let the magic of Guy Savoy transport you to another planet.

16. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a very similar experience. The food was quite good, to be fair, however that attitude which invariably is "part of the experience" according to some was in full force. What I thought was really hilarious is I attempted to speak with our waiter in French (I'm fluent) to encourage him to relax, but alas, it didn't work.

We spent quite a bit of money, so I was more bemused than anything of the pretentiousness as it was clear we weren't skimping in what we ordered. In terms of the food, quite good, but I've had better meals (for 2 to be fair as I went with my wife) for over a thousand bucks lol. I know @Flowers is from Manhattan, so think of going to Daniel in the Upper East side but with food that's not as good, at least in my opinion.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  17. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much @Crawfordesquire for that tip! It's funny. I've walked by the door to Guy Savoy many times but never ventured in. With the comp dollars this may be the perfect time for me to try it, and during my birthday trip no less. I'm watching the Nevada Covid numbers but I really want to go in August. Thanks again for the tip. I'll get a mini Vegas fix doing more reading about the champagne bar.

18. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks @JaDubya. I'm sorry the waiter was a jerk. I like dressing up though so that won't be a problem. I do everything from jamming on my grilled cheese and tomato soup in bed at Encore LOL or by the pool to getting dressed up, sometimes even more so when I dine solo.

• Love Love x 1
  19. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you @dankyone for that great review. Your words almost transported me there!

I live in NYC but have never had a dining experience like this and I feel like now is a great time to do so. I saw the $555 menu on the website last night. I did chuckle to myself that that is a "deal" but I get it even though I haven't yet experienced it.

20. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks @LB9 for your review as well. Your note about the experience of your waiter, given your fluency, was pretty funny though I'm sure at the time is was really frickin' annoying.

I guess I never cease to be amazed (and appalled) by pretentiousness by some in the service industry as one spends their hard-earned dollars for what is supposed to be an amazing experience. With the caveats shared -- thanks again! -- I think I still want to have that experience.

I just booked rooms, etc. with my Wynncore host and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my mid-August trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.