1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using Diamond Celebration Dinner this Week

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by VegasSchemer, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying to Vegas Thursday night and looking for tips on how to use my diamond celebration. Looking for a cheap place that feeds two. Gordon Ramsay Burger at PH had been our go to but they'll re-open just as we're leaving on the 9th. I'm not sure we can find somewhere else tasty and in our target price range with good dinner options.

Any recs on open places where two people can eat for $100 or less?

Fulton Food Hall @ Harrah's?
    Gordan Ramsay Fish & Chips?
    Pronto by Giada @ Caesars?

Will have a rental car, so almost anything is on the table (although I don't really want to trek over to Rio).

Other suggestions welcome! Thanks!

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All of those places will feed two for MUCH less than $100. Some of the venues You could go to one of the restaurants like Cafe Americano (if open)

Rio is temporarily closed this weekend.

(corrected) The voucher is a "one time spend". Whatever you don't spend, you lose. Tip not included and tax is not charged.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like Italian I recommend Rao's in CP. You can likely squeeze it to $100 or just use Reward Credits to cover any overage.

4. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, here is the list of CET restaurants that are open this weekend.

https://www.caesars.com/las-vegas/open

First, you have to figure out where you can use your voucher.
    Here is the list from June 2019
    201906_DiamondDinnerlist.jpg
    Go to the TR desk and get the current list.

Second if a sit down restaurant, you will probably have to make a reservation or face a long wait.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think that you can squeeze $100 for two at Rao's, Martorano's for sure. I've eaten at/reviewed both restaurants.

Rao's

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/raos-at-caesars-palace.167895/

$155.00 for two and no dessert.

Martorano's

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/martoranos-at-paris.167896/

$164 for three

Unfortunately, it looks like both Rao's and Martorano's are NOT open this weekend

6. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just my 2 cents here, because CET extended 2019 tier status through 1/31/2022, that includes the diamond dinner credit, if it's your 2020 credit and you dont earn another this year. I happened to notice this in their COVID FAQ. It says if you do NOT use it this year and do not meet diamond threshold, it will still be usable in 2021. If you do NOT make diamond tier credits and DO use your dinner credit in 2020, you will NOT get another credit in 2021 year (unless or until you make diamond for that year). If you DO use the credit AND do exceed 12,000 TC in 2020, you will get another in 2021 year.

So, you arent losing it unless you make diamond this year but don't come back until after january of next year, or cant make it again this year or next year.

I planned to use mine next week but it's only the more expensive places open at CP right now (plus Pronto and limited food court selections), and it looks like they all have abbreviated menus, missing a lot of the less expensive items. Hell's Kitchen looked like the best bet for feeding 2 for not too much over $100 with a lunch prix fixe or the welcome back dinner prix fixe if they dont cancel it at the end of June. But, all moot because I already tried to book it and they have no available dinner reservations between the 2nd and 8th as of 2 days ago when I tried. Most of the better value prix fixe menus are conspicuously missing from all the menus I've found for CET currently (and Bellagio as well so not just CET doing it) - so all that said, your best bet is probably one of the places where you may need a voucher like mon ami gabi (for lunch or brunch) or one of the places at harrahs or Linq maybe. I'm sitting on a lot of RC and a diamond dinner and have been looking the last 2 days and not seen anything very appealing. But I've mostly checked Paris, Caesars Palace, and a couple at Linq so far. Hadn't looked Harrahs or Flamingo but probably going to be taking all my credits home with me for next time, or spending them on breakfast (but not wasting my diamond credit on that)

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @MCann - what I meant by "If you don't use it, you lose it" was if you spend less than $100, the entire voucher is considered used.

OP is looking at restaurants that are substantially on the "cheap end".

I realize that was poor wording on my part.

Harrahs Oyster Bar might be a nice choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yah, that makes perfect sense and I agree on all counts. It's why I'll probably be taking mine home with me this trip. It amounts to a 20% off coupon at Guy Savoy, or paying $100 for a $30 snack at the Giada place. Very slim pickings for food between $20 and $150 per person right now in the Empire.

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the one you earned in 2019 is good until Jan 31 2022 regardless of whether you re-up Diamond this year or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct, but if you use it in 2020 and dont earn diamond threshold this year, you retain your diamond or above tier status but will not get another dinner credit for 2021. So I meant you lose it if you earn diamond this year and dont use your 2019 one this year, because earning diamond this year gets you a second one in 2021, if you use the current one in 2020

11. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go to Harrah’s Oyster Bar. Really decent food for decent price.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  12. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We use ours every year at MeSa Grill--we share 3 appetizers & get 2 margs & it's almost exactly $100. You could easily get 2 entrees under $100. And its fantastic.
    We also will do Ruth Chris if we want steak. I try to avoid chains, but it is the best priced one & it has never let us down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But beware!!! They might "ouster" you if you don't have a reservation!!

Just kidding!!!!! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. azbob

azbob MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We use ours at Mesa Grill too...if you don't have alcohol, you can be around $100 with two entrees and a starter. We used to go to Ruth Cris pretty often, but the increased pricing at the Harrah's property is far greater than the value at this point. That might not be true at others, but this location has fallen behind.

15. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually I don't need to use my vouchers there. My host is at Harrah's and she takes me and my guests for lunch (though we eat like it's dinner) there every trip. It was a suggestion for the poster. I eat there every trip. My favorite entree is OB's Pan Roast.

• Like Like x 2
  16. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second Harrah's Oyster Bar. Followed by Ruth's Chris Steakhouse especially if you can find out if they still have some happy hour discounts at the bar. Third will be IF Guy Fieri Vegas Kitchen opens back up at the Linq. (Yelp says Scheduled to reopen on July 17, 2020.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.